I Need Lowering Pegs

Thank you all for your quick responses!

I’m an old guy, and have never needed to install lower pegs in over 55 years of riding. I do see Amazon has the M-Factory 40mm lowered pegs for $46 plus $14 shipping.

To install these pegs is it just a matter of removing the pin, circlip and spring from the stock pegs and reinstalling the lowered pegs using the same pin and circlip with the stock spring?

Is the hole through which the pin in the lowered pegs fits the exact same dimension as the stock pegs, so it’s really simply a swap?

If “yes”, this will be easier than I ever thought!

Thanks all very much!

Thank you all for your quick responses!

I’m an old guy, and have never needed to install lower pegs in over 55 years of riding. I do see Amazon has the M-Factory 40mm lowered pegs for $46 plus $14 shipping.

To install these pegs is it just a matter of removing the pin, circlip and spring from the stock pegs and reinstalling the lowered pegs using the same pin and circlip with the stock spring?

Is the hole through which the pin in the lowered pegs fits the exact same dimension as the stock pegs, so it’s really simply a swap?

If “yes”, this will be easier than I ever thought!

Thanks all very much!
Yes the install is as simple as remove the Jesus clip (circlip) & pin & spring and reuse them through the new pegs and your done in 5 minutes. I call them Jesus clips because when they fly off you say “Jesus where’d that go” lol. I like the M-Factory because they are 360degree clockable so you can also get some forward and rearward adjustment if you need it. Somewhat related I also wear jeans with 3 percent spandex and they make all the difference in the world getting your feet upon the pegs because I am 260ish and nearing 61 y/o. I also bought riding shoes with low soles and this was another big help, the riding shoes I bought doesn’t lift your feet as high, they also have a Velcro strap that covers the laces, it’s no fun coming up to a stop light and finding out your shoe lace has looped around your shifter.

Perfect explanation…thank you VERY much! I’m ordering a pair of these M-Factory pegs today thanks to your generous assistance.

My lovely wife bought me the Hayabusa to replace my ‘07 ZX-14 with 50K mi for my 75th b’day…because it’s “safer” with all the new technology . Bought my first bike the week after we married in 1968 thanks to her! Have never been without a bike since then

Perfect explanation…thank you VERY much! I’m ordering a pair of these M-Factory pegs today thanks to your generous assistance.

My lovely wife bought me the Hayabusa to replace my ‘07 ZX-14 with 50K mi for my 75th b’day…because it’s “safer” with all the new technology . Bought my first bike the week after we married in 1968 thanks to her! Have never been without a bike since then
Congratulations on your new bike, you will love the new technology

I don’t stand on my pegs. I’d get an Adventure bike for that…

I don’t stand on my pegs either, 260ish and I don’t really trust them for standing on at my weight.

Ah, thats ok.
See, I do sometimes. Train crossings, Cattle grids, speed bumps.
I like to be able to use my legs and be able to lift myself out of the seat so I don’t crush my junk or jar my back.
And on the long straights on a return home after a 600km day in the seat.
Sometimes I need to just get the pressure off my arse for a moment.

Ah, thats ok.
See, I do sometimes. Train crossings, Cattle grids, speed bumps.
I like to be able to use my legs and be able to lift myself out of the seat so I don’t crush my junk or jar my back.
And on the long straights on a return home after a 600km day in the seat.
Sometimes I need to just get the pressure off my arse for a moment.
I know the feeling I’ve jarred my back several times on bumps, sometimes takes my breath. I don’t know weather to blame the Florida roads or my tired back.

With the MFW pegs, can you keep the factory pegs and merely install their extension arms? if that is the case with them you can do whatever works best without giving up the factory pegs?
Example: MFW Vario Extension Arms | 30mm - Black
I see its an old question, maybe you already sorted that out, but for others it may be useful: with the MFW pegs and extension arms the factory pegs DO NOT fit. You need to use their own pegs.

I ordered and received these:

The "comfort" version, looks comfortable, sure, but boy its big and heavy. The 50mm drop is a bit too much to fit with the stock exhaust and shifter on the left side, so next I'll get the 30mm fixed version.

So now I'm thinking about either the "multi grip"
or the "super grip"

I think the multi grip may be also too big and heavy (156 grams, each). While for the super grip (70 grams) there are reviews about the rubber coming off after a few rides. Rubber is great on pegs, as I found.

I'm open to others as well, but there arent many drop-peg options with rubber inserts.

Like Miklos I don't want to confuse the issue, but I went a different route with Gilles Tooling. They have a 20mm drop link: RGK2 Ausleger Kit 20 mm schwarz which I combined with these pegs: Austauschfußrasten Touring, Fahrer, schwarz or if you want to spend more :firing:: Austauschfußrasten California, Fahrer, schwarz It's surprising what a difference the extra 20mm makes to the comfort of my old frame on 400 mile days! Sorry I don't have a close up photo:

Ready to tour.jpeg

Hi would you be kind enough to confirm which brand pegs you have fitted to your gen 3 shown above please. I have a pair of Gen 1 lowered pegs [can't remember brand] but they definitely do not fit my new Gen 3. I've read here that Gen 2 lowered pegs fit the Gen 3 so I can only assume that the peg mount changed on the Gen 2. It's the angle of the section that fits to the frame peg mount that is different on my Gen 1 lowered pegs. I struggle lifting my feet high enough to get them on the pegs. I'm 6'3", 60 years old with work related worn out knees so I really need to get lowered pegs and ones that are as low as possible while working with the Suzuki Akraprovic slip ons I have fitted.

Like Miklos I don't want to confuse the issue, but I went a different route with Gilles Tooling. They have a 20mm drop link: RGK2 Ausleger Kit 20 mm schwarz which I combined with these pegs: Austauschfußrasten Touring, Fahrer, schwarz or if you want to spend more :firing:: Austauschfußrasten California, Fahrer, schwarz It's surprising what a difference the extra 20mm makes to the comfort of my old frame on 400 mile days! Sorry I don't have a close up photo:

View attachment 1656075
Apologies if this question has already been asked but can you tell me what carrier case mount system you are using here and are the cases the same brand? Thanks in advance.

My wife and I are going on a long trip next year how many of you have changed out your passenger pegs for your partner?.

Apologies if this question has already been asked but can you tell me what carrier case mount system you are using here and are the cases the same brand? Thanks in advance.
Mount is a C-Bow side carrier and cases are from the same company, Hepco & Becker, Germany. Good quality! They also make lighter soft luggage to fit the same system: https://www.hepco-becker.de/en/navigation/1a6ccfbc853a40188a37a3ffa538aa51 UK distributors are Motobins Ltd: The Official UK Hepco and Becker Luggage and Accessories website

My wife and I are going on a long trip next year how many of you have changed out your passenger pegs for your partner?.
I put a set of the Chinese ones on mine but it was to actually raise them to try and make the wife a little more comfortable and they did help but she still just didn't like riding on the busa. All together they weren't bad but I know I wouldn't feel safe standing on a set as the ride trying to stretch my legs like @ottafish had asked about especially being as big as I am but the wife is little and they seemed strong enough for her to just ride.

I'll throw them here as can't attach to pm.
These have worked really well. Been on for about 2 and a half years now. They allow to rotate forward to take the pressure of knees and lowered a bit.
I've had different people on the back, some up to 8 hrs touring. Of course a stretch during fuel and other stops.
Came from ebay and have worked perfect.

IMG_20221029_130723.jpg

IMG_20221029_130728_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20221029_130718_Bokeh.jpg

Back