I Need Lowering Pegs

MeteorX

Registered
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting here.

I was hoping to find out if you guys know of any peg lowering brackets and mounts that would fit the new Gen 3?

I’m hoping to drop the pegs about 1 or 2 inches to make it a bit easier on my knees.

So far I haven’t found any luck finding anything specifically for the Gen 3, but I’m unsure if Gen 2 mounts would fit on this new model.

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting here.

I was hoping to find out if you guys know of any peg lowering brackets and mounts that would fit the new Gen 3?

I’m hoping to drop the pegs about 1 or 2 inches to make it a bit easier on my knees.

So far I haven’t found any luck finding anything specifically for the Gen 3, but I’m unsure if Gen 2 mounts would fit on this new model.
Welcome,

I gather lowering pegs from other generations would work?? Perhaps measure the width and length of your foot peg mounts and we can compare with our bikes to be sure.

If so, Amazon has them, there are a few different ones, Knight's design are expensive but nice, there are Chinesium ones as well which are less expensive and decent. You could go into Amazon or ebay and have a browse.

Welcome,

I gather lowering pegs from other generations would work?? Perhaps measure the width and length of your foot peg mounts and we can compare with our bikes to be sure.

If so, Amazon has them, there are a few different ones, Knight's design are expensive but nice, there are Chinesium ones as well which are less expensive and decent. You could go into Amazon or ebay and have a browse.
I need a set for my 14.Where are these Knight ones at?

I need a set for my 14.Where are these Knight ones at?
Amazon has them, one is uncoated and the other is black iodized

Welcome,

Thanks for the reply!

I'll measure them when I get a chance in the next day or two.

I had found those Knight's Design black anodized ones, but was told by someone that they wouldn't fit.

I guess I can't just take people's word on it and should just check myself to be sure.

As far as measurements go, I'm assuming I would need the width of the mount, and the diameter of the hole where the pin holds?

it fits all 3 gen's and I've been using them for years.

Amazon has them, one is uncoated and the other is black iodized

Expensive.Overpriced imo.Thanks for the links.

I might try these.Cheers.

I gave the same ones, they work great although I've just noticed they are wearing into the instep of my boots...

Thanks for the reply!

I'll measure them when I get a chance in the next day or two.

I had found those Knight's Design black anodized ones, but was told by someone that they wouldn't fit.

I guess I can't just take people's word on it and should just check myself to be sure.

As far as measurements go, I'm assuming I would need the width of the mount, and the diameter of the hole where the pin holds?
For the measurements, I'd say so....

As per the link provided by @groran1000 , I use the Chinesium drop pegs too and they work fine as well..

I notice the tread on the Knight's Design to be pretty aggressive and kind of thought my boot might get caught on it when coming to a stop...

Oh wow! I'm really glad I decided to post on here. I was kind of skeptical as to how active the community would be and how receptive they are to new Busa riders.

Coming from the Concours 14 forums and Facebook groups, bike forums had left a rather sour taste in my mouth. Those older dudes are really not the most inclusive bunch.

I'm going to give those M-Grip 40mm drop pegs a try.

Would I have to do anything to adjust the shift lever or rear brake or are you still able to reach the foot controls fine even after the 1.5" displacement from the new peg set?

Oh wow! I'm really glad I decided to post on here. I was kind of skeptical as to how active the community would be and how receptive they are to new Busa riders.

Coming from the Concours 14 forums and Facebook groups, bike forums had left a rather sour taste in my mouth. Those older dudes are really not the most inclusive bunch.

Would I have to do anything to adjust the shift lever or rear brake or are you still able to reach the foot controls fine even after the 1.5" displacement from the new peg set?

yeah...you really have to watch out for those older dudes

No, I didn't have to adjust any control pedals at all. You get used to the different angles after the lower peg install. Watch closely how the old peg comes off so you can install the lower peg. Make sure of the spring placement.

I had to adjust mine slightly but it was a painless task...

We like new Busa riders, the more the merrier....of course we like all riders...there are people who post on here who sold their bikes long ago but are still active here......it's that kind of place....

I have the Buel pegs, but the same as above from ebay I got for the GF on the back when we 2up. Lower and slightly forward gives her hips and knees a better position.
As I said to her at the time, it's only a small change but it's amazing what an extra inch will do to make you feel better.

I have the Buel pegs, but the same as above from ebay I got for the GF on the back when we 2up. Lower and slightly forward gives her hips and knees a better position.
As I said to her at the time, it's only a small change but it's amazing what an extra inch will do to make you feel better.
Yeah, I was trying to explain that to my gf as well XD. *no sexual innuendo intended*

If these MFactory ones work out, I'm going to order her a set as well. I'm 6'2 and keep getting pain in my left knee after 30+ minutes on the bike.

I'm excited to try and see if this fixes the issue with the bike ergonomics for me.

I thought I'd need bar risers too, but the top half of my body is surprisingly at home with the way the bars are currently positioned. I've really grown to like it.

Here’s one side…

988F26C0-665C-46EC-B059-3956813BB378.jpeg

Back