Lowering pegs with rubber insert

smokein

Donating Member
Registered
Howdy. I’ve search and read about many current choices of lowering pegs, to my memory I didn’t read about any that retained or included the rubber inserts. Anyone aware of a set that do? Based on my short 25 mile ride last night and the numbness I got in my hands, I’m hoping to retain that damping in the pegs.

If not, has anyone successfully mounted these M-Pro ones? They came up as fitting but the busa is not listed in the drop down. Looking to keep things simple bolt on with this bike. Tired of modding aftermarket parts to make fit.

Thanks in advance.

I never saw any when I used that style of lowering peg. If you have any machinist friends or just a local machine shop it wouldn’t be hard or expensive to have a set of pegs made that attached to the lowering arm, but had a flat top and screw holes to mount the stock rubber pads to.

(...) Based on my short 25 mile ride last night and the numbness I got in my hands,

what did u do 2 ur gen3 handlebar?
or are you over 7 feet tall?

i´ve never heard about that issue - only about pain in the wrists (what i, 6.4 tall, pers. get always after 20 minutes when riding a busa with standard handlebars)

and i have no numbness in my feet even i have these 1inch peg lowers at my ´00 gen1 with alu pegs without any rubber.

if a haya, what gen ever, produces so many vibrations in the handlebars AND in the footrests, something is very much "lazy in the state" and must be examined / corrected.
to avoid any further wrist pain i mounted a superbike bar .

what did u do 2 ur gen3 handlebar?
or are you over 7 feet tall?

i´ve never heard about that issue - only about pain in the wrists (what i, 6.4 tall, pers. get always after 20 minutes when riding a busa with standard handlebars)

and i have no numbness in my feet even i have these 1inch peg lowers at my ´00 gen1 with alu pegs without any rubber.

if a haya, what gen ever, produces so many vibrations in the handlebars AND in the footrests, something is very much "lazy in the state" and must be examined / corrected.
to avoid any further wrist pain i mounted a superbike bar .
Bike is completely stock. I didn’t get any numbness in my feet, just not wanting to add to the possibility by removing the rubber insert. I did get numbness in my right hand, that’s unfortunately not new for me and very vibration specific. I was hit by a truck on the highway in Alabama a couple summers ago and I can’t get rid of it since then.

Howdy. I’ve search and read about many current choices of lowering pegs, to my memory I didn’t read about any that retained or included the rubber inserts. Anyone aware of a set that do? Based on my short 25 mile ride last night and the numbness I got in my hands, I’m hoping to retain that damping in the pegs.

If not, has anyone successfully mounted these M-Pro ones? They came up as fitting but the busa is not listed in the drop down. Looking to keep things simple bolt on with this bike. Tired of modding aftermarket parts to make fit.

Thanks in advance.
Check out Twisted Throttle

(...)I was hit by a truck on the highway in Alabama a couple summers ago and I can’t get rid of it since then.
ok , huge crap such a health restriction.

you will probably have to live with that , i guess.

unless you find a super good physiotherapist who treats (resets) your shoulders as well as your thoracic and cervical spine every few weeks,
which could at least lead to a reduction in your problem.
in this way, i experience it all the time with a good friend.

what often also has helped in such a case in my acquaintance
was the assembly of a superbike handlebar in connection with a slight increase between the top yoke and the handlebar

this makes the upper body a bit more upright and the problem with the numbness in the hand / arm can ! be history.

this conversion is not cheap, but you have to try it.
my friend , mentioned above , did - and does (the therapist) - so and his issues are more or less gone.

and
whether the footrests have rubber or not doesn't matter at all - I've been driving around with my '00 busa for years with pure aluminum footrests and have never had any problems because of it.
so buy and mount.
with the 1 inch distance
the knee angle will become a lil bit bigger what makes the riding a lil bit more comfortable .
so i "feel" that at my bike. ;)

Last edited:
Back