lower foot pegs

Great pics Doyle, that will be my next mod for sure.
beerchug.gif

I got to go with the buell pegs , even though you have to grind alittle and get the bushings they are cheaper and I think they give you another 1/4 " . I know that the TLR pegs keep a stock look also .

It's like the "what's the best tire" posts.  Everyone has their favorite and promotes/defends it.  Some people stick with stock pegs.  Some people think the TL pegs are the better choice.  Other people think the Buell pegs are the better choice.  Some go with adjustable rear sets.  In the end, its your bike and you put on it what fits you best.  There isn't a single right or wrong choice, otherwise all of our Busas would be identical.

That guy on ebay is a ripoff.. Did this mod myself for 32 or 34 bucks.. save yourself some money and do a search on here for Buell peg mod it tells you everything you need to know on how to do this mod..
DR1300R,.......there is NO NEED FOR YOUR SLANDEROUS REMARKS!! I'm the guy on Ebay,......and a member here. This is a service!!! Why is it SO DIFFICULT for SOME DIY guys to understand that NOT EVERYONE has the time, want, or resources to do this Mod themselves?
rock.gif
I have addressed this same comment several times in the past few months. I do a quality job,....I include illustrated instructions,....I include polished aluminum sleeves for good pin fitment,......I include 2 E-clips for the pins,..........I don't "mark up" the peg set and I don't "mark up" the shipping and handling. I have had nothing but positive feedback from the 25 customers that have purchased from me.

I'll ask you the same question that I've asked others. (By the way,....the "others" would not give me a honest answer). The question is this,..............If $79 is too expensive for this complete (ready to bolt-on) package,........WHAT PRICE CAN YOU OFFER TO DO THIS SAME SERVICE?
rock.gif
? You have done yours,......what's your time worth??? Please get back to me with an honest answer. IF you wish to PM me,......I'm listening.

rock.gif

buell pegs dont cost $90...  I dont remember the part number but a brand new set shouldnt cost you more than $40...
Unmodified Buell pegs do not cost $79 on Ebay. MODIFIED,....ready to BOLT-ON,....with instructions,...polished aluminum sleeves,..extra E-clips,....will cost $79.

I run the lower buell peg and never touched down once while at Deals gap and of the half dozen or so bikes running them, none of them did either.

I did mine ghetto style and it took 10 minutes.

I used my belt sander to remove about 40% of the bottom flat and my dremel to remove about 20% of the top flat. I then installed the pegs without any bushings (that was about 5000miles ago)

Total time was 20 minutes and they work just fine. Would be more than happy to post images if you like but it looks just like DR1300R's photos above.

You are going to have to work pretty hard to touch a peg down... the only issue (if you consider it one) is that the mid pipes become a heel rest (so far nothing has melted)

Would I spend $80 for this? not likely, just is not that hard to do.. if you have a dremel tool, it really is all you need.

if you want them ground and bushed, you might add another 20 minutes to drill the holes and pound in the bushings... so far I just do not see the need for the "tight" fit of having bushings

I run the lower buell peg and never touched down once while at Deals gap and of the half dozen or so bikes running them, none of them did either.

I did mine ghetto style and it took 10 minutes.

I used my belt sander to remove about 40% of the bottom flat and my dremel to remove about 20% of the top flat.  I then installed the pegs without any bushings (that was about 5000miles ago)  

Total time was 20 minutes and they work just fine.  Would be more than happy to post images if you like but it looks just like DR1300R's photos above.  

You are going to have to work pretty hard to touch a peg down... the only issue (if you consider it one) is that the mid pipes become a heel rest (so far nothing has melted)

Would I spend $80 for this?  not likely, just is not that hard to do.. if you have a dremel tool, it really is all you need.  

if you want them ground and bushed, you might add another 20 minutes to drill the holes and pound in the bushings... so far I just do not see the need for the "tight" fit of having bushings
I would love to see a close-up pic of one of your pegs,....OFF the bike,........to see the modified area. I am happy to post one of mine as well. Let's compare,......and let the other members make-up their minds!!! Are you game?? Thanks!!

And by the way,....I don't remove any material from the bottom of the peg. This way,......clearance is not compromised with the mid-pipe.

I've done 800+ mile days with the TL pegs, and I do alot of long distance riding.  I'm not trying to rain on your parade DR, just throwing out some options since Buell pegs are not the only thing out there.  And, I didn't pay $60 for the TL pegs.   I don't have a bunch of pictures to throw up here, but the TL pegs look like a slightly larger version of the stock Busa passenger pegs.  If you buy the TL pegs from vman1300, they will fit out of the box.  Buell pegs require grinding and installing GM door hinge bushings to fit the Busa.  The $80 for the Buell pegs in the link is for having someone else do the grinding and buy the GM door hinges for you so you can just install them when you get them.
Thank you for making the comment that $79 is for "someone" to do the service for you. And by the way,....I machine and polish the aluminum sleeves from solid aluminum T6061 rod. I do not like the GM bushings,.....except for replacing the ones in my Chevys door jambs when needed.

Dennis I bow to you...  
bowdown.gif

go delete my **** if you feel.. no more input from me..

I'm out.. I will go back to lurking only..                                 i
Doyle,

What's up with that?  He asked for opinions on foot pegs.  You gave him yours.  I gave him mine.  You like the Buells better than the TLs.  I like the TLs better than the Buells.

Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?
Calling someone a "rip off" is NOT expressing an opinion on Buell pegs. That would be SLANDER!!

I'm 6'3" and long legged.
When I ride with boots, my knees don't fit under the tank very well.
Does anyone make lowered foot pegs for an '02 Busa?
Or is there a better solution?
Do a search on Ebay for Hayabusa Buell Pegs.
I bumped your ad to the top in the merchandise section here too.  I think you'd do better with the sales if you posted a pic with the ad which shows the modded pegs and bushings.  I think a nice presentation of the complete ready to install kit would go a long way.

If you want to explore the TL peg option, shoot vman1300 a PM about it. He'll quote you a ready to install price. I won't be home to take pics until the weekend. If someone is interested in seeing them, let me know and I'll get pics us as soon as I can.

I'm 6'3" and long legged.
When I ride with boots, my knees don't fit under the tank very well.
Does anyone make lowered foot pegs for an '02 Busa?
Or is there a better solution?
Do a search on Ebay for Hayabusa Buell Pegs.
I bumped your ad to the top in the merchandise section here too.  I think you'd do better with the sales if you posted a pic with the ad which shows the modded pegs and bushings.  I think a nice presentation of the complete ready to install kit would go a long way.
BusaWhipped,............thank you. I will take your advise and post some nice quality photos this week in the merchandise area!

super.gif
PM -->
rockadaous @ Oct. 21 2007 said:
1206008[/ATTACH] PM]
he speaks of the TL1000.  not try'n to crush anyone's sale, but the pegs only cost $35.  you have to do some grinding to make em fit perfect.

TL1000R-Yellow.jpg
Hey Rock,.....please let everyone know that the polished aluminum sleeves are a nice look and fit!! Thanks!!
true enough. the sleeves look good.
if you don't want to do the work yourself then pay the cost.
We've had this conversation before. For those of us who do
our own work it'll be $35. I rode without the sleeves for
a few weeks. they're not required, but makes for a better
look.

super.gif

Dennis I bow to you...
bowdown.gif

I'm out.. I will go back to lurking only.. i
Doyle,

What's up with that? He asked for opinions on foot pegs. You gave him yours. I gave him mine. You like the Buells better than the TLs. I like the TLs better than the Buells.

Calling someone a "rip off" is NOT expressing an opinion on Buell pegs. That would be SLANDER!!
so sue me.. your still a crook..
winkold.gif

Dennis I bow to you...  
bowdown.gif

I'm out.. I will go back to lurking only..                                 i
Doyle,

What's up with that?  He asked for opinions on foot pegs.  You gave him yours.  I gave him mine.  You like the Buells better than the TLs.  I like the TLs better than the Buells.

so sue me.. your still a crook..  
winkold.gif
Prehaps putting this matter into an attorney's hands would be the best option,......but before I do that,.......I'll give you a chance to be a man in front of this Board and the world. I've PM'ed you with my cell number,......call me. I do not wish to continue this "pissing match" here and wasting web space and people's time. SO,....I challendge you to take a couple minutes and call me and we will discuss this matter like men. BE A MAN,..........I'm waiting for you call.

WTF? Is going on in here? Bunch of little kids with skint knees getting riled up about Which footpegs works best for Grandparents???

What's next? We going to start arguing about depends undergarments or some stupid thing? I haven't read this kind of childish "he said/she said" "Mine is Better" BS since my last post...

DR1300, I dunno what the deal is I don't care just let it go man we're talking about footpegs NOT WHISKEY or FOOTBALL.
beerchug.gif

Cheers! Besides, all of you are a little Bengay, with your "Old Dude Peg Mod" anyway...
laugh.gif

Back