Kickstand clearance with buell pegs

Un-Caged

Donating Member
Registered
I did the Buell peg mod about a week ago, and lowered the shift peg one notch to return it to the correct position related to the foot peg. The only problem is with the kickstand; it angles right below the foot peg so that my foot won't fit completely under the shift peg because it's up against the kickstand. I've been kicking around (pun intended) the idea of getting a used stand off ebay and modding it with moly tubing to fit closer to the pipe for better clearance, but I'm not sure if it's cast or forged. Anyone know? Or, does anyone know of an aftermarket stand that might provide more room? All ideas welcome.

Wierd. I have done the Buell thing and have lots of room for my shoe to fit and shift the bike. Even after moving a slot.
rock.gif
??

You moved the lever one notch, I just turned the threaded rod to adjust the position to where I liked it, I have plenty of room, even when I have on my work boots???
rock.gif

That is odd, and no I don't have sasquatch feet.
smile.gif
I'll snap a pic to show how close it is and post it up later...

I did the Buell peg mod about a week ago, and lowered the shift peg one notch to return it to the correct position related to the foot peg. The only problem is with the kickstand; it angles right below the foot peg so that my foot won't fit completely under the shift peg because it's up against the kickstand. I've been kicking around (pun intended) the idea of getting a used stand off ebay and modding it with moly tubing to fit closer to the pipe for better clearance, but I'm not sure if it's cast or forged. Anyone know? Or, does anyone know of an aftermarket stand that might provide more room? All ideas welcome.
I wear size 12 and have the same problem. I also moved the shifter 1 notch. My solution was to leave everything alone and I got used to it, and now I don't notice it.

Someone took their shifter and had a longer shift peg put on it after doing the Buell peg mod. You might try that.

That's a good idea too Big. I might try to get a spare peg and cut the shaft off and drill/tap it for a longer screw-on peg. I rode today with the stock pegs on; not bad at all, but I think I would still like to swap back and forth for road trips.

That's a good idea too Big. I might try to get a spare peg and cut the shaft off and drill/tap it for a longer screw-on peg. I rode today with the stock pegs on; not bad at all, but I think I would still like to swap back and forth for road trips.
I used to have the topic saved in the topic tracker for the shifter mod, but its long gone. I think it was EdC that posted the topic or at least I know he's the one that did the mod.

Here's a few pics for those considering the mod. This shows the clearance using a size 11 Icon boot.

Top view, stand up
Buell%20pegs%20001.jpg

Side, stand up
Buell%20pegs%20002.jpg

Boot clearance with stand down
Buell%20pegs%20003.jpg

Boot clearance with stand up. Barely catches the end of the peg
Buell%20pegs%20004.jpg

Underside
Buell%20pegs%20005.jpg

I installed the GXR pegs a few weeks ago and just rotated the shifter down 1 notch as well and have the exact same problem. Glad to hear it wasn't just me...although I know exactly what you're talking about.

Back