buell pegs and lowered kick stand/shifter clearance, what to do?

yzguyfl

Registered
I've got an 06 with body work from an 08, so I'm pretty sure my kickstand is a gen 1 (frame and motor are gen 1, entire front end gen 2, guy I got the bike from did the swap).

the front forks were dropped 2 inches, and it looks like the kick stand was bent out so a lowered bike would still work with it. This was all fine.... until I put on the buell pegs and dropped the shifter a bit. Now my foot hits the kick stand when I try to get under the shifter.

I only have it dropped an inch now in the front, so I don't really NEED the stand out so far (leans a bit far over now), but a stock one would still likely not lean it over enough.

so what are my options? (right now just raised the shifter a tad so I can get my foot under it, ok, but not ideal) I also saw one person extended the shifter knob with pvc, but looking for something that looks a bit better :)

Can you post pics of your bike? Id like to see what the body work looks like on a Gen frame.

here are a few pics:
My Garage
but mainly it just looks like an 08.
just about the only thing still gen 1 is the frame, motor, wiring, gauges, and electronics.

Body work bolts right up if you have all the brackets, and mounts!
Can you post pics of your bike? Id like to see what the body work looks like on a Gen frame.

Back