Voodoo exhaust / kickstand clearance issue

Is the exhaust seal still on the header? Make sure they come off and you should be able to clear it. Atleast thats what i had to do with my hotbodies megaphones.:beerchug:

I could not get mine to clear. I just let the kickstands hit it. Can't see it anyway with the kickstand up or down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea I have the black ones so it's putting a small scratch on the pipe. Had it installed at a local Suzuki dealer so I was hoping they would install it to where it wouldn't get dingged up.

There is a spacer that comes with them that you can install on the kickstand bracket. I also had to rotate my pipes down a little to get more clearance.

Anyone know what I need to do to modify my kickstand to clear my voodoo slip ons?

When it gets light out then I can post pics of what I did for that type of exhaust to fit.
They are not VooDoo's like I wanted but similar design.
I had to modify (cut, reweld) the kickstand a bit for it not to hit the pipe.

Busa Exhaust 008.JPG

Busa Exhaust 006.JPG

Busa Exhaust 005.JPG

When I put the tips on, the stand was hitting pretty good and not engaging the kickstand switch at all.
I went ahead and cut the stand just above the heel knob.
Cut in abou 1/3 of the way.
Heated up the metal with a torch to more easily bend the stand to the proper angle.
Tack welded then test fit the stand back on to make sure of the clearance.
Took it back off and finished the welding.
Smoothed the weld down with an angle grinder a bit to look a little better.
Spray painted it black then refit back on the bike.

As you can see it does work.
However the new angle of the stand acts like a lowering stand and puts the bike on a bit more of an angle when parked. It is noticable.

I bought a new stand off ebay and will modify that one almost the same, but with a small gusset across the weld area, about a 1/2 inch extention to put the bike more upright when parked and possibly cut and reposition the stand foot so it lays flat on the ground.

Hope this helps!!

Busa Exhaust 008.JPG

Busa Exhaust 006.JPG

Busa Exhaust 005.JPG

Well I don't need power gains for what I use the bike for.....it has plenty power already. I just want to be heard by other drivers and it also helps to clean up the look of the bike a bit. Those stock cans are hideous.

If you don't have the spacer just try putting some washers between the top bolt of the kickstand bracket and the frame. I cant remember the thickness but I would use 4 washers as a starting point then work up or down.

If you don't have the spacer just try putting some washers between the top bolt of the kickstand bracket and the frame. I cant remember the thickness but I would use 4 washers as a starting point then work up or down.

Make sure if you do this to use some type of loc tight on the threads, also retorque after a few days. I you get any play in the kickstand the steel bolts will strip the aluminum threaded frame..... don't ask how I know
:banghead:

Back