lower foot pegs

TallGear

Registered
I'm 6'3" and long legged.
When I ride with boots, my knees don't fit under the tank very well.
Does anyone make lowered foot pegs for an '02 Busa?
Or is there a better solution?

buell pegs dont cost $90... I dont remember the part number but a brand new set shouldnt cost you more than $40...

I'm the same height. I have the TL pegs and fit the bike nicely. They aren't as much drop as the buell pegs, but they look like they belong on the Busa. You can also run into problems with dragging your feet on the road and hitting the mids with your feet with the Buell pegs.

VMAN1300 will hook you up with a set of TL pegs if you PM him.

Thanks!
Found this on EBay...

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-footpegs-Buell-pegs-mod-READY-to-INSTALL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ010
QQitemZ200165196032QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWDVW</a>

He claims these pegs are no lower than the stock pegs, but lower your feet almost 2 inches.
Sounds right?

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I have the TL pegs and fit the bike nicely.[/quote]

Sorry, I'm a noob. What does TL stand for?

he speaks of the TL1000.  not try'n to crush anyone's sale, but the pegs only cost $35.  you have to do some grinding to make em fit perfect.

TL1000R-Yellow.jpg

That guy on ebay is a ripoff.. Did this mod myself for 32 or 34 bucks.. save yourself some money and do a search on here for Buell peg mod it tells you everything you need to know on how to do this mod..

2000_Busa_161_640x480.jpg

The TL pegs are 60 bucks brand new.. Buell pegs off ebay w/ shipping about 30 brand new..

I was at the dragon and never drug nothing, BUT I'm no racer by any means.. I had the TL pegs before the Buells and there is no comparison at all.. The Buells win hands down.. (imo) Also did a 850 mile day with no issues at all..

Fall_Bash_2007_027_640x480.jpg

I've done 800+ mile days with the TL pegs, and I do alot of long distance riding.  I'm not trying to rain on your parade DR, just throwing out some options since Buell pegs are not the only thing out there.  And, I didn't pay $60 for the TL pegs.   I don't have a bunch of pictures to throw up here, but the TL pegs look like a slightly larger version of the stock Busa passenger pegs.  If you buy the TL pegs from vman1300, they will fit out of the box.  Buell pegs require grinding and installing GM door hinge bushings to fit the Busa.  The $80 for the Buell pegs in the link is for having someone else do the grinding and buy the GM door hinges for you so you can just install them when you get them.

The Buell part number is: N0006.1AD.If you spend any more than $30 direct from the dealer for these you are not getting the right part. Go to Napa and ask for GM door bushings (bronze) they should cost you no more than $3 (for all 4 of them) and you are golden. You will have to fine tune the fit a little bit (sander or grinder works great) to fit the Busa mounts. Adjust the shifter and brake lever heights and ride on!

Dennis I bow to you...
bowdown.gif

go delete my **** if you feel.. no more input from me..

I'm out.. I will go back to lurking only.. i

Dennis I bow to you...  
bowdown.gif

go delete my **** if you feel.. no more input from me..

I'm out.. I will go back to lurking only..                                 i
Doyle,

What's up with that?  He asked for opinions on foot pegs.  You gave him yours.  I gave him mine. You like the Buells better than the TLs. I like the TLs better than the Buells.

Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?

Back