A Batter Way to Lower Your Pegs Usingh LP V-360-K Foot Pegs

Samaki

Registered
I recently lowered the foot pegs on my 2011 Busa using the Buell foot peg mod. That works fine but I wanted a little more. I bought a set of Lockhart Phillips V-360-K foot pegs, P/N 109-4511 off Ebay for $35 delivered. These pegs are not specifically for the Hayabusa but they are easily modified to fit nicely. These pegs are 8mm lower than the Buell pegs and they look very trick. I have had these same pegs on my VFR for 80,000 miles and they work great and weather well. These pegs are also adjustable.

P1180910_zpsb6021c0f.jpg

The pin holes have to be bored out to 8mm (5/16 inch) and side spacers were required. I used 5/16 washers. I also installed a 5/16 large area washer between the inboard end of the peg and the peg bracket to keep them level and tight. There is a set screw in the peg boss that the washer can catch on to keep it in place. One issue when lowering the pegs, either with these pegs or the Buell pegs, is the position of the side stand when retracted; it interferes with the bottom of your foot when shifting. I drilled and tapped a small hole in the peg where it contacts the up-stop and put in a screw, shimmed with washers, to position the side stand a bit lower when retracted and out of my way.

P1180911_zps234345a3.jpg

Back