Lockhart Philliips SUPER POLE V-360 K/M PEGS

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
Thinking of getting a set of these for the Busa due to my 6'5" height.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=97
I want to lower my knees a little so they fit into the tank sides. Has anyone used these and have any feed back on them
rock.gif

-fit?
-comfort?
-adjustability?
-Knurled or machined finish?
-How was using shifting/braking levers after adjusting them?
Did a search but didn't turn up much usable info.
Thanks,  
poke.gif

I'm also 6'5" and did this mod last year...... Love it! Very adjustable, takes alittle getting use to. Only problem I've seen was if you adjusted the foot pegs to low, they cleared on one side but not on the side with your exhaust...... Very comfortable for the long haul. OK, there is one more noticeable problem, but I live with it.... Sometimes with the adjustment way down low my shoes get kind of warm (as they sometimes rest on the exhaust).

i put them on last month and there great you can adjust them how you want the only problem is getting used to where your feet sit in relation to the rear brake and shifter but it cant compare to the new comfort of you legs sitting back further than stock

Thanks, Did you guys adjust the position of the brake or shifter arm to compensate for the new peg position? Also, Did you get the knurled or machined finish?
rock.gif

I've tried every retailer on the web and store fronts trying to find V-360 pegs, but they all say they can't get them because of backorder and that LP has discontinued them. Is this true?

I called LP today and spoke to one of their techs to get some opinions and he said nothing of them being discontinued. Although I didn't ask that Q specifically, I assume he would have said something once I asked him about how the pegs fit and worked on the Busa. Check out this site I found poking around on the web. Don't know anything about them other than just finding it.
http://www.newportcycleparts.com/categor....egs.htm
I like the idea of these I just want to know some of the implications with the shifter/brake levers. Can they be adjusted to make sure that it still feels and performs somewhat normal?
rock.gif
How about lean angle clearance, like I will ever get her leaned over that far anyway!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076913004 -->

I ordered the V-360 from Kneedragger's last week, and after one hour they called me to say they were discontinued. This has happened time after time in the past two weeks.

hmm be something i have to consider. Another 1/2 to an 1in would be great for long distance riding

<!--EDIT|dezzy7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076939938 -->

I made some changes to the the shift lever....... Still feels a little wierd at first. Bought my set-up from MAW. (motorcycle accessory warehouse)

Just got off of the phone with LP and asked them specifically about this part and they told me the one for the hayabusa had been discontinued. The series is still made, just not the Busa model. He would not elaborate on whether it was a low sales problem or a technical/safety problem. WTF
rock.gif

Thanks for following-up on this. I am kicking myself for not ordering those pegs earlier. I just got my Pro-Tek pegs which will do for the time being.

External Links Missing

It seems that the one for 'Busa has been discontinued. I was lucky enough to get one from kneedraggers (last one I think).

It made a huge difference for me. The problem was that the distance between the left peg and the shift lever was too little, and also the pegs were too forward to my body.

So, I installed the V360 (machined one's - they are sharper at the tip), so that the peg stays at the same height, but about 1" back. That feels so much better. Especially the fact that you can rely on pegs to hold you during acceleration (before, I would have to hold on to the handlebars which of course was not a great idea, and the back of the seat is too far away to support your back).

I would not want to order these adjustables now even if I found a used set, not until some Q's are answered. He was unwilling to tell me whether it was safety or sales related for the Busa. Well lets think about this for a minute, they already have the design and tooling set-up for the Busa model, which is most of the work, So why not just cash in everytime someone wants a set?
rock.gif
I would like to know more, I still like the idea of these.

just get a set of the suzuki TL1000S or R foot pegs. Makes a huge difference in comfort for taller riders.

they are still listed as avaliable on lockhartt/phillips website..

i emailed shawn at www.tricktape.com and asked what the deal was since he has them listed as "backordered" will post his reply.

yeah, i figure.. i'm just hoping somebody has a set laying around that they haven't sold.. MAWonline, emailed MAWonline also.. we'll see... gotta get lucky sometime.. maybe this is one of the times.

Back