GEN 3 OR 2018 AND UP KAWASAKI ZX14

Jgarcia6988

Registered
Hello All

SO I had a gen 2 Hayabsua which I sold back in February and purchased a 18 Honda Goldwing. I manly switched because I wanted to be more comfortable. Which that it does. I miss my Hayabusa a lot. So I am planning on selling the Honda Goldwing and really debating on getting a 18 and up ZX14 or just get the gen 3. I heard that the ZX14 is more comfortable but I hear the zx14 engines are trash. Not sure which way to lean. and the gen 3 has cruise control which is a plus.. and we are tlaking almost $4k difference in price which is a big defference.

what are your thoughts!! need some advise

Are you excluding the gen 2?

Do you like options that you see here on the forum for cruise control? Or do you desperately want an OEM version? This sounds important to you.
Yes I am excluding the gen 2 I don’t want to go through same things I’ve done with the same bike . It is a very nice bike though. I want cruise control. When I rode the gen 2 I always thought I wish it had cruise control. Is there an option to add cruise control? The gen 3 has a lot of added safety features. But gen 2 is a lot cheaper. But my mind is kind of set on the zx14 heard for it being cheaper and more comfortable than the gen 2 and probably the gen 3

Should've got gen 3 when it was 16k otd from ultimate cycles missed out was the cheapest in the whole country gonna be hard to beat that price...

And you missed out on the pre order swag sorry brother heck of a deal some of us got free seat cowl and alpinestars hayabusa jacket

Here you go. ....

Screenshot_20210426-141720_Cycle Trader.jpg

I want cruise control. When I rode the gen 2 I always thought I wish it had cruise control. Is there an option to add cruise control? The gen 3 has a lot of added safety features. But gen 2 is a lot cheaper. But my mind is kinda set on the zx14 heard for it being cheaper and more comfortable than the gen 2 and probably the gen 3

Adding cruise to existing bikes: (I use Google search because it works better than forum searches but these links refer right back here.)

Regarding comfort, if you get the chance to sit on one that would be good. Someone posted the seating positions between the ZX-14R and the Hayabusa and the geometry is extremely similar. I suspect that the items you can alter like seating, bars, windscreen, and pegs would make far more of an impact than the difference between stock bikes. Do not buy too much into rumors of comfort until you sit on one.

I am all about budgets and anytime someone asks about money, no doubt I would say make the smarter money move. Get a ZX-14R for a far better deal than the gen 3. I was looking at new/leftover ZX-14Rs, they are beautiful. My mechanic was ghastly against the Kawasaki. It is difficult to tell exaggeration from knowledge sometimes, but I do rely on him and his opinion matters a lot.

They sold over 20 in 2 weeks price is back to msrp it was a cash deal I called back the day they changed price a buddy of mine wanted one they said nope msrp

Zx14 is for sure more comfortable but not much since the seat is the same as a jetski but that's it had all four gens and enjoyed my 99 busa more then all of them hopefully my 22 will change that once you add pegs and heli bars it's great and now gen 3 the bars are closer to rider and everyone that's reviewed it says makes a big difference.

Zx14 is for sure more comfortable but not much since the seat is the same as a jetski but that's it had all four gens and enjoyed my 99 busa more then all of them hopefully my 22 will change that once you add pegs and heli bars it's great and now gen 3 the bars are closer to rider and everyone that's reviewed it says makes a big difference.
when are you getting yours?

Sometime in June hopefully the beginning since my birthday is the 3rd....so hyped!!! I can't wait for that new bike smell.

Last edited:
Having both owned I had 08 busa for about 4 years I sold the busa and brought a second gen ZX14 which I owned for about 14 months just sold that to recently :rolleyes: only down to 1 bike at the moment which is my trusted 03 gold wing This is my brief opinion on the 2 bikes I am about 184 cm tall weigh about 96kg with full leathers Comfort wise on my 08 busa I needed the helibars and the lowered foot pegs which made it more comfortable than stock To my surprise on the14 I left it all stock and was just as comfortable as the busa modified Sorry guys but for me the gearbox and the clutch operation on the 14 is much smoother than the busa I left the suspension stock on the 14 which felt good for my weight the With stock settings also on the busa the rear felt harsh for my weight the front was fine power wise there both about both the same Handling wise I am giving it to the 14 again Good luck with your decision mate For me the future is smaller pure sports bike maybe a heaven forbid :rolleyes: BMW S1000R or maybe a GSXR 750 But I agree these bikes need cruise control from the factory :thumbsup:

Previous owner of 99 and 08 busa as well as 06 and 16 zx14 yes zx14 is smoother but for a young gun busa puts a bigger smile on my face maybe cuz it was my first bike at 18 and the memories were way better and when your 6'3 250lbs and want to ride all day clear winner for me is the gen 3 nice to know if I get caught in the rain electronics could save your life but other then that they will be off...and with 2k in loyalty freebies I paid the same price as a new gen 2 hands down you would be a dummy to get anything else for that money or size... new 1000rr and h2 will cost damn near 25k I don't track and I don't want to die 10k looks better in my bank account. I test rode both before pre ordering gen 3 great bikes but no contest for me. Gen 3 has 50/50 weight distribution and reviews praise how much better it handles that's huge for me... marking the days off the calendar boys!

Last edited:
Having both owned I had 08 busa for about 4 years I sold the busa and brought a second gen ZX14 which I owned for about 14 months just sold that to recently :rolleyes: only down to 1 bike at the moment which is my trusted 03 gold wing This is my brief opinion on the 2 bikes I am about 184 cm tall weigh about 96kg with full leathers Comfort wise on my 08 busa I needed the helibars and the lowered foot pegs which made it more comfortable than stock To my surprise on the14 I left it all stock and was just as comfortable as the busa modified Sorry guys but for me the gearbox and the clutch operation on the 14 is much smoother than the busa I left the suspension stock on the 14 which felt good for my weight the With stock settings also on the busa the rear felt harsh for my weight the front was fine power wise there both about both the same Handling wise I am giving it to the 14 again Good luck with your decision mate For me the future is smaller pure sports bike maybe a heaven forbid :rolleyes: BMW S1000R or maybe a GSXR 750 But I agree these bikes need cruise control from the factory :thumbsup:
I need cruise control

Previous owner of 99 and 08 busa as well as 06 and 16 zx14 yes zx14 is smoother but for a young gun busa puts a bigger smile on my face maybe cuz it was my first bike at 18 and the memories were way better and when your 6'3 250lbs and want to ride all day clear winner for me is the gen 3 nice to know if I get caught in the rain electronics could save your life but other then that they will be off...and with 2k in loyalty freebies I paid the same price as a new gen 2 hands down you would be a dummy to get anything else for that money or size... new 1000rr and h2 will cost damn near 25k I don't track and I don't want to die 10k looks better in my bank account. I test rode both before pre ordering gen 3 great bikes but no contest for me. Gen 3 has 50/50 weight distribution and reviews praise how much better it handles that's huge for me... marking the days off the calendar boys!
But now for me is almost $3k more would you of paid 18600?

Back