GEN 3 OR 2018 AND UP KAWASAKI ZX14

I can honestly see how someone who is attracted to these sorts of bikes would be drawn to either a Hayabusa or ZX14R as they are from the same lineage...

They may have different badges on them but they hail from the same family tree.

The similarities are more than the differences, even the puny 1340 of the Hayabusa is not that far behind the 1441 of the ZX14R, add the real world mid range and torque worked into the gen 3 and that gap decreases substantially....

I'd say if you lined up a stock ZX14R and gen 3 Hayabusa, and went down a strip, the result would be surprising. Top end speed means nothing really as factory bikes are limited.
I’m not into for speed really. These bikes zx14 and busa are big and are more comfortable than the 1000s and 600s. Out of the two I want cruise control and most comfort

The similarities are more than the differences, even the puny 1340 of the Hayabusa is not that far behind the 1441 of the ZX14R, add the real world mid range and torque worked into the gen 3 and that gap decreases substantially....
no it probably isnt that far behind at all. Thats my problem with zuk. They could have just done a 1441 and instead of thread after thread of pissed off busa owners you would have just the opposite. it would be 1999 all over again. Its really frustrating

Suzuki would have to make a new chassis for the new motor that would be a complete new bike and given the state of the current world economy this gen3 is the best offering and its probably never going to get to gen4

Gen 1 to Gen 2 was 9 years then Gen 2 to Gen 3 is 13 years so if there is ever a gen 4 going by those numbers will be 17 years from now lol so it will be electric for sure they maybe drop a se model with a turbo in like 5 years but by then will cost over 30k so I'm good with with the deal I got I feel like this bike will be a hott seller for awhile nobody is offering deals anymore let alone on this bad boy only true loyalists got one for a great price.... and to those I salute you!

Gen 1 to Gen 2 was 9 years then Gen 2 to Gen 3 is 13 years so if there is ever a gen 4 going by those numbers will be 17 years from now lol so it will be electric for sure they maybe drop a se model with a turbo in like 5 years but by then will cost over 30k so I'm good with with the deal I got I feel like this bike will be a hott seller for awhile nobody is offering deals anymore let alone on this bad boy only true loyalists got one for a great price.... and to those I salute you!
Yours says 2021 ? Is it 2022? ..... dim if it’s worth $18600 plus fees ect. Kinda crazy. I mean the zx14 is only 15k and I can get a used 18 or 19 for like 13k

There is a thing called "pride in ownership" I personally am a die hard Suzuki guy, I've always loved the Hayabusa...when I was shopping for one, I looked at other bikes just for giggles but when it came time to break open the piggy bank, I would only do so for a Hayabusa.

Long story short, if a person wants what they want, they will pay up to own it even if it is a bit more expensive than another comparable bike such as the ZX14R.

I know if I wanted a gen 3 and it was (is) more than a ZX14R, I'd still buy the gen 3.

It's like wanting a Corvette but a Camaro is less expensive...and then buying the Camaro wishing you had a Corvette...

There is a thing called "pride in ownership" I personally am a die hard Suzuki guy, I've always loved the Hayabusa...when I was shopping for one, I looked at other bikes just for giggles but when it came time to break open the piggy bank, I would only do so for a Hayabusa.

Long story short, if a person wants what they want, they will pay up to own it even if it is a bit more expensive than another comparable bike such as the ZX14R.

I know if I wanted a gen 3 and it was (is) more than a ZX14R, I'd still buy the gen 3.

It's like wanting a Corvette but a Camaro is less expensive...and then buying the Camaro wishing you had a Corvette...
You hit it dead on

Yes being that I was one of the first to get the deal it was just a place holder date...others have showed its a 2022 from that dealer...I called my sales guy right away when I saw that there is no 2021 for US lol

Yeah 20k vs 13k....go with the se and keep 7k in the bank!!! But then again new with warranty and 2 years of service vs used other people's problem and a 10 year old platform... its a tuff one sorry you missed out on a great deal don't feel bad it lasted less then 2 weeks I tried to tell people...

Yes being that I was one of the first to get the deal it was just a place holder date...others have showed its a 2022 from that dealer...I called my sales guy right away when I saw that there is no 2021 for US lol
I am so upset I didn't push I didn't start looking until 2 weeks ago. I feel ill just be throwing 3K out the door smh

Just wait till June and call every dealership around I called over 60 dealerships in 10 states brother before I struck gold...and have to drive 10hrs to get mine which I told myself I would be willing to drive 10hrs and pay 16k for one to get it and that's the distance and price I paid...it was meant to be for sure!

Last edited:
I googled what's the #1 suzuki dealership in the US figured they could work a deal and I'll be damned it worked!

15k was a cash deal not everyone can do that...but it's worth a shot but with demand and covid I doubt anyone will sell at that price right now that's taking a big loss for dealership they did that to keep there #1 suzuki status and to get even more gen 3s to sell for msrp

I would say call them and see if someone doesn't come through at launch at that price get put on a list maybe...they may take 1k off it's worth a shot and you still get 2 years of free service which is like a 1k value...

Suzuki would have to make a new chassis for the new motor that would be a complete new bike and given the state of the current world economy this gen3 is the best offering and its probably never going to get to gen4
Or simply put the kit in the existing engine like everyone else has. If they were worried about the head being too thin then they could’ve built a new one to accommodate.

If they were concerned about the economy and keeping cost to a minimum, why waste precious R&D funds on pointless engine configurations?.

Or simply put the kit in the existing engine like everyone else has. If they were worried about the head being too thin then they could’ve built a new one to accommodate.

If they were concerned about the economy and keeping cost to a minimum, why waste precious R&D funds on pointless engine configurations?.
good question, who knows? times change thats for sure i dont see a lot of new suzukis rolling out the door like there was 10years ago, the cost to buy an upgraded gen 2 went up 30% and its unaffordable for me, so how much would a completely new model cost? and the price is so much now i would need a small mortgage

Back