GEN 3 OR 2018 AND UP KAWASAKI ZX14

Carbon grey was the colorway in 2016 was the nicest bike I've ever owned so many compliments ...

Screenshot_20200831-183023_letgo.jpg

Here's an idea from left field..
You mention wanting cruise..?
And I don't know what they're worth or availability in the US.
But have you considered a H2 SX SE?
Factory brembo, factory cruise, luggage options...
Nice bike test rode one still felt less comfortable in the leg room and still over 20k for used se model and it's neutered bad would have to drop 4k to open her up but she would be a bad beast then.

Last edited:
Here's an idea from left field..
You mention wanting cruise..?
And I don't know what they're worth or availability in the US.
But have you considered a H2 SX SE?
Factory brembo, factory cruise, luggage options...
I did think about that one but too much power and would probably feel smaller I like the size of the hayabsua and probably the zx14

Yes very nice colorway! Can't go wrong with that bike the grey with the green is beautiful you would dig that one! 13k is the going rate for newer se model I sold my 16 se for 13k...

Se has features that would cost you at least 2 or 3k to do and holds value well I rode both and se feels way better when braking and looks way better find a private buyer dealerships are scalping bad right now...

Yeah I had a budget of 10k at the time so 16 was it for me but yes 18 is sweet! I'm a big batman fan so for me was a no Brainer my zx10 was green so wanted something different and flat black shows no scratches and finger prints never had to clean it so nice... 16 is carbon edition so the vents were carbon was something special.

Look on marketplace as well even offer up and motohunt.com and on cycle trader and other websites click on private seller...took me months to find my deal dude was going through divorce I raced to go get it patience is key just picked a bad time right now prices are a lil crazy... craigslist even has some deals if you look everyday stay persistent but gotta jump quick good deals last like 1 or 2 days then they are gone...

Last edited:
But yes look for 18 and up some may still have extra warranty on it that's what helped sell mine for top dollar...

But now for me is almost $3k more would you of paid 18600?

I really appreciate you taking the time for your feedback. I am about 5’8 about 275 pounds. I would 99% of the time will not have a pillion. I do tend to use luggage going to work for lunch bag and shoes little things. When I had my gen2 busa I had a rear seat bag which worked good for me some ppl hated it because it looked weird on it lol. When I rode my busa on long day trips(I would only do full day trips never more than that)The thing that came to my mind is wish I have cruise control which I have couple different options I’ve tried but didn’t work seamless for me. and after 45 minutes to an hour my legs tend to get numb and need to stretch them and my hands would get numb after 15 minutes . (Just found out I have carpel tunnel getting surgery in July). I wanted full comfort. And I definitely got it with the Goldwing but the crowds I hang out with my bike doesn’t go good and I feel out of place. And I went to a group with harleys and Touring bikes I didn’t have fun at all maybe because they were all older than me. Idk. Most I went is 130 I don’t think I’ll go more than that. But I want comfort and cruise control
Sound... How about the Kawasaki GTR 14...not sure if all countries got them but its their take on a big fast tourer.. Just a older bike as such... Kawasaki 1400GTR - Wikipedia

Hello All

SO I had a gen 2 Hayabsua which I sold back in February and purchased a 18 Honda Goldwing. I manly switched because I wanted to be more comfortable. Which that it does. I miss my Hayabusa a lot. So I am planning on selling the Honda Goldwing and really debating on getting a 18 and up ZX14 or just get the gen 3. I heard that the ZX14 is more comfortable but I hear the zx14 engines are trash. Not sure which way to lean. and the gen 3 has cruise control which is a plus.. and we are tlaking almost $4k difference in price which is a big defference.

what are your thoughts!! need some advise
I have an 18 zx14r now and sold my 06 busa for it. I waited forever for a g3 and gave up. Now that one is out Im not disappointed in the switch for 2 main reasons. 1 is the cost difference between the 2. 2nd is the engine. 14r is flat out better faster period. gen3 or not its still a 1340. That was the deal breaker for me. I love love love the look and having cruise is a big winning point for me but without an engine upgrade Ill pass. As for the 14r. It is more comfy ride than the busa thats for sure. And as far as the motor goes I can only say it seems pretty awesome to me. I think its s solid platform that performs although I have read that most would avoid a turbo on it and go with the busa for that purpose. That said if zuk decides to beg forgiveness and put out a 1441 on it then I will by one and trade mine in on it. My ass may be on a ninja but my heart will always be with the bus

I have an 18 zx14r now and sold my 06 busa for it. I waited forever for a g3 and gave up. Now that one is out Im not disappointed in the switch for 2 main reasons. 1 is the cost difference between the 2. 2nd is the engine. 14r is flat out better faster period. gen3 or not its still a 1340. That was the deal breaker for me. I love love love the look and having cruise is a big winning point for me but without an engine upgrade Ill pass. As for the 14r. It is more comfy ride than the busa thats for sure. And as far as the motor goes I can only say it seems pretty awesome to me. I think its s solid platform that performs although I have read that most would avoid a turbo on it and go with the busa for that purpose. That said if zuk decides to beg forgiveness and put out a 1441 on it then I will by one and trade mine in on it. My ass may be on a ninja but my heart will always be with the bus
I can honestly see how someone who is attracted to these sorts of bikes would be drawn to either a Hayabusa or ZX14R as they are from the same lineage...

They may have different badges on them but they hail from the same family tree.

The similarities are more than the differences, even the puny 1340 of the Hayabusa is not that far behind the 1441 of the ZX14R, add the real world mid range and torque worked into the gen 3 and that gap decreases substantially....

I'd say if you lined up a stock ZX14R and gen 3 Hayabusa, and went down a strip, the result would be surprising. Top end speed means nothing really as factory bikes are limited.

What do you mean having cruise ?

Back