Hayabusa  or Kawasaki zx14

(probusa @ Sep. 17 2007,21:51) try them both before you buy see which one is better for you  
beerchug.gif
In a perfect world that would really be the best option. Its all about what the individual wants in his ride. Unfortunately its kinda hard to get rides on 2 of the fastest bikes made, unless you know people that own them. So for alot of folks WE are the test rides
laugh.gif
Although if they're asking questions like that on a busa board I think they already know what they want
wink.gif

HAYABUSA for sure if you want power and comfort. The busa and zx-14 aren't that far from each other, but the new busa is yet to be tested. I'm sure it will be even better so my vote would be for a new Busa.

I remember my R6 days. And it does not compare to the power and comfort of a hayabusa. A friend of mine still has his R6 and we went on a long ride the other day and I was fine. He had a little pain in the arm and elbows and his ass. I was completely fine.

Get what you want!
race.gif

If you can ride them both. I like the way both bikes look and the seat position. It came down to a money issue for me. The suk dealer was much more willing to work a deal. The kaw dealer wouldn't budge off the full retail price. I ended up getting an 06 busa for 9500 out the door. When two bikes are that close in looks and performance the price made the decision for me. I'm very happy with my busa. Had the zx14 been the one I got for 9500 out the door I'm pretty sure I would have been just as happy. Not being brand loyal is better as you will have more options and pick the one you like.

I haven't tried a 14. last week i planned a tour with my buddy who has a V-strom. I only wanted to do a 400k ride. I ended up doing 910k on pavement and gravel
SHOCKED.gif
and could have done more by the end of the day. My buddy with the V-strom was bitching about his ass and he even has a custom seat. I was fine. I know the 14's are faster but and guy in town with a 14 can't beat me in the 1/4 mile ET. But MPH he is faster. And the busa looks way better.. Take them both out and see what you like. Asking a busa forum about the 14's is like asking a Chevy board about Mustangs.

(XLevarX @ Sep. 17 2007,23:08) Thanks for all the advice guys, i can honestly say i am torn, since i don't think its gonna matter which one i end up on because its gonna be a huge step up from my 2003 Yamaha R-6. I live right here in the St. Louis Area, i'm talking 10 minutes from downtown so there are no twisties that i'm aware of. This purchase will be made in the Spring so i guess there is still lots of time to think on it. I'm leaning more towards the Busa though the Mode selector on the 08 is a turn-off for me. I just think of one more thing to go wrong with the bike but maybe i'm putting to much thought into it. That Black 08 Busa is one hell of a bike, talk about a eye candy to get my blood pumping. We shall see, btw for all my STL peeps, i'm one of those cops that will only be stopping yah to get a look at the bike lol, don't have to worry about any tickets from me. Take it easy guys and be safe!
If you decide to get off the straight roads and onto some twisties, pm BusaWhipped or CrashTestDanny, they know all the good roads. They sponsor rides around here too. If you want to take some scenic runs, there are plenty of those too. I go down the river road from Alton down to Bussels ferry alot. Highway 109 from Eureka into St. Charles area is a fun road. Highway W from 109 to House Springs, Antire Road exit off hwy 44 to High Ridge has lots of twists.

with your slant toward touring comfort and fit, and BIG RED's great comparo, sounds like a 14 might do ya. I love my Busa, but you need to get whatever fits YOUR needs best. enjoy, you won't be disappointed either way

(WWJD @ Sep. 18 2007,11:17) with your slant toward touring comfort and fit, and BIG RED's great comparo, sounds like a 14 might do ya.   I love my Busa, but you need to get whatever fits YOUR needs best.  enjoy, you won't be disappointed either way
Yep can't go wrong either way
wink.gif
I use my busa as my sport bike, and the 14 as the sport touring bike. I always take the busa when I'm going to be doing spirited rides with friends cause I'm faster on it. And I take the 14 for "cruises" where I'm covering longer distances, and there's not as much aggressive carving involved. You can reverse those roles and they'll still both do fine...but from my experiences they both have definate strengths and weaknesses which will appeal more to the type of riding you like to do.
All I can say is we have it made bike wise compared to what previous generations of riders had to choose from. And its only getting better.......All hail technology
bowdown.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Back