2012 kawasaki zx14 on the dyno!

Try this?

Copied, saved and then loaded to photobucket.

f704d4b9.jpg

Can you see it now?
yeah I saw the graph with firefox, what has me stomping the old pc is do I need to surf with 3 different browsers at the same time to see what I am missing :( ie about 50% of the time views a page but warns me there were errors on the page... well thanks for nothing ie :laugh: Firefox is ok but I just got google chrome and it's faster than both for now but I guess leaving things off the page is there way of increasing speed??? Hey google got something for ya :guns: or is it my pc thats is messed up which is always a possibility, cause plenty of people use these browsers without errors :banghead:

Try this?

Copied, saved and then loaded to photobucket.

f704d4b9.jpg

Can you see it now?

Any baseline dynos of the same bike? I really dont trust dyno numbers without a baseline run because I know you can make a dyno read higher than it actually is.

The 14 is still an ugly bike and I will never buy one

It was dyno'd at powerhouse. I doubt that Frank would make it read something other then what it really is.

Mine made 202.8 with 75 miles in the clock ..Stock wheel base, No P/C but it did have Brocks Gen 1 zx14 smeg .. The CT makes more HP than my old Smeg..

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

I could not lock the throttle in first gear or it would just wheely like a liter bike .. Video ..
ZX14R drag racing - YouTube

those are some stout numbers. a good custom map ull see 215+ hp ill bet. wow

that bikes gonna hurt some feelings this year....

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil. For I ride a stretched stage one turbo Hayabusa and I own this whole motherfriggin' valley. So, Mr.ZX-14R,......LETS DANCE !!!!!!

Any baseline dynos of the same bike? I really dont trust dyno numbers without a baseline run because I know you can make a dyno read higher than it actually is.

A baseline run - any run - can be made to read higher, so what you are saying makes no sense at all. POWERHOUSE has no stake in what a bike makes on our dyno, we do not fudge numbers or make the dyno read "higher". That is dishonest. I don't much care if you don't like the numbers, do not call me a liar on this board. I will never post false results.

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil. For I ride a stretched stage one turbo Hayabusa and I own this whole motherfriggin' valley. So, Mr.ZX-14R,......LETS DANCE !!!!!!

Amen, brother! I was thinking the same thing! I'm glad Kawasaki stepped up the game. It is time for Suzuki to do the same. :laugh:

as long as the 14 you run doesn't have a Turbo too you should be good :laugh: or do like I do and throw a stick in his spokes :whistle:

A baseline run - any run - can be made to read higher, so what you are saying makes no sense at all. POWERHOUSE has no stake in what a bike makes on our dyno, we do not fudge numbers or make the dyno read "higher". That is dishonest. I don't much care if you don't like the numbers, do not call me a liar on this board. I will never post false results.:

Frank i dont think meant any disrespect by it.. Most of the ZX14R having putting 193-195whp in stock form. When brock did the tune,pipe and MR12 the numbers where close to theses numbers. BUT AND I STRESS BUT!!!! The numbers posted have also be SAE. I think he was just wondering if your dyno was generous.

This is the only graph I care about if were comparing graphs!
SAE.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

When they start belting out 225-235whp SAE then Ill be impressed!! Well as far as dyno queen racing goes:rofl:!! I still look at it like a 1441cc with a ported head and cams. Does matter who made it!

For any and all non-believers, this customer posted the following thread in a ZX-14 forum. All versions of this dyno chart - uncorrected, STD, SAE, and a split A/F chart - with the run conditions - are presented. A lot of you may want to think about engine work and/or a turbo . . . .:whistle:

Seno's 2012 ZX-14R Dyno numbers with Brock's CT @ ZX-14.com

Frank thanks for posting that link. Thread makes for an interesting read. Brock even posted there amazed at how this guy rolled up and got that kinda power.

To ask you though, doesn't the old saying hold true here?
'there's no replacement for displacement'

If I made my genII a 1441 size or so and ported the head wouldn't it make similar power?

Frank i dont think meant any disrespect by it.. Most of the ZX14R having putting 193-195whp in stock form. When brock did the tune,pipe and MR12 the numbers where close to theses numbers. BUT AND I STRESS BUT!!!! The numbers posted have also be SAE. I think he was just wondering if your dyno was generous.

The is a big difference between wondering if someone's dyno is "generous" and saying somebody deliberately inflated the numbers. For the record, the dyno at POWERHOUSE has been accurate since day one, our data stack has been replaced every two years, we keep new, extra O2s in stock, we have test gas on hand, and we rebuild our A/F pump once a month, replacing the reeds and anything else that is necessary. Part of our reputation has been built on that dyno, and its accuracy and upkeep is very important to me.

If you go to the link I posted to the ZX14 forum, you will see Brock's posts in regard to the results we got.

With that said, the only numbers I would use for comparison - like you - ARE the SAE numbers. That does not change the fact that when this ZX14 was dynoed - on that day, in those conditions - it made 210 actual, uncorrected rwhp. On an eighty degree day with more humidity, it would have probably put down closer to 200 rwhp.

It also does not change the fact that Suzuki has been milking the Hayabusa's success for long enough.:poke:

The is a big difference between wondering if someone's dyno is "generous" and saying somebody deliberately inflated the numbers. For the record, the dyno at POWERHOUSE has been accurate since day one, our data stack has been replaced every two years, we keep new, extra O2s in stock, we have test gas on hand, and we rebuild our A/F pump once a month, replacing the reeds and anything else that is necessary. Part of our reputation has been built on that dyno, and its accuracy and upkeep is very important to me.

You owning a business I can definately see your point. I was just reading like I do text messages. You dont know someones mood or intent. He should have phrased it differently!!

If you go to the link I posted to the ZX14 forum, you will see Brock's posts in regard to the results we got.

Its definately interesting........his response. Its almost like he calls BS on it but then makes it sound like a miracle. But thats why they say all dynos read different.

With that said, the only numbers I would use for comparison - like you - ARE the SAE numbers. That does not change the fact that when this ZX14 was dynoed - on that day, in those conditions - it made 210 actual, uncorrected rwhp. On an eighty degree day with more humidity, it would have probably put down closer to 200 rwhp.

Its all about that 1320!!

It also does not change the fact that Suzuki has been milking the Hayabusa's success for long enough.:poke:

You have a turbo busa in your avatar wouldnt that be like the pot calling the kettle black?

You owning a business I can definately see your point. I was just reading like I do text messages. You dont know someones mood or intent. He should have phrased it differently!!

I agree. Nowadays, reputation is everything . . .

Its definately interesting........his response. Its almost like he calls BS on it but then makes it sound like a miracle. But thats why they say all dynos read different.

I think that all properly maintained and calibrated dynos read very close. RCC's dyno in Canada reads the same as mine, and I can name a few others. There are other variables that can make dyno numbers vary - like the type of rear tire on the bike, and the tire pressure you run; also, like the temperature the bike is at when you make the pull, or how "fresh" the air is in the dyno room. I generally find it is not the dynos, but the bikes that are different. I've known Brock for many years, he was happy his pipe made this kind of power without any map, and knows from looking at the SAE numbers that our dyno is indeed accurate.

You have a turbo busa in your avatar wouldnt that be like the pot calling the kettle black?

I happen to have four Busas in my stable at present, and a few, older Kawasakis. Saying that Suzuki has been milking the Hayabusa's success is not a "hater" statement, it is a fact. I have built many normally aspirated Busas over 200 rwhp - Suzuki could have done it years ago, it is not hard. I've even done it with stock pistons. Milking the success of a product is a corporate thing . . . now that they have gotten our money, and now that another motorcycle company has clearly upstaged them, they are going to have to step up. And I am sure that their new, higher-horsepower Busa will last as long as it takes for them to get upstaged once more.

Back