Why generic maps are no good

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
POWERHOUSE had a 2009 Hayabusa on the dyno today with a Yosh pipe, and the "generic" map offered by Dynojet for this pipe and a stock air filter.

The first chart is what it made with Dynojet's map, the second chart is what it made after a Custom Dyno Map. And yes, we did extend the rev limit using ECU editor, but made no other ECU mods.

This is why you want to spend the money for a custom map!:rulez:

09busabefore.jpg

09busaafter.jpg

do you have the a/f graph for the original pull?

impressive gains, did the bike have anything else, filter stacks etc?

Wow, man that makes me want to load my bike up and take it to you!!!!
I bet it pulls like a freight train.......
Mike

do you have the a/f graph for the original pull?

impressive gains, did the bike have anything else, filter stacks etc?

No stacks just Yosh TRS pipe and BMC standard filter.

Frank,

Thanks for working on the bike today. I was very pleased with everything, the shop was clean, well organized and the customer service was great. I felt comfortable leaving my bike there with you and highly recommend your shop! I am very pleased. It was well worth the 3.5 hour one way trip! THANKS again.

PS: IT DOES PULL LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN!

Cheeseman is correct -there is nothing new here. Any good tuner can do the same thing. It is all about getting the A/F right across the board. POWERHOUSE has been doing this for years. The results from this particular dyno session may or may not be typical, and I certainly would not guarantee the same result to every 08-09 that came in. The dyno graphs are, however, SAE and the pulls and mapping were done on the same day, same dyno. The peak number was stout, but I always tell customers to look at the gains - as that is a better indicator of the benefit of the custom tune, along with better throttle response, more mid range, no flat spots, no decel popping - you roll out with a different bike.

And that is the whole point - you got your map off the internet, from your Bud, from Dynojet, or wherever, and you THINK your bike is right, you THINK your bike is fast and running good all over. But it is not.

Every bike is different, every bike needs to be custom dyno tuned, especially when pipes or air filters have been changed. And yes, this applies to slip-ons too.

Generic maps are not good!:poke:

WOW those are impressive #'s. Im gonna have to give them a call. I do have a generic Dyno jet map flashed into the ecu using ecu editor . I have a full TiForce titanium exhaust
with stock air filter and stock motor. I have been told that doing the conversion from dynojet to the ecu editor that the map will run waaaaayyy rich, and it does run waaay rich but at the track it picked up .2 and 1.5 mph over the stock map. I know it can be better but I guess its better on the rich side instead of lean.

WOW those are impressive #'s. Im gonna have to give them a call. I do have a generic Dyno jet map flashed into the ecu using ecu editor . I have a full TiForce titanium exhaust
with stock air filter and stock motor. I have been told that doing the conversion from dynojet to the ecu editor that the map will run waaaaayyy rich, and it does run waaay rich but at the track it picked up .2 and 1.5 mph over the stock map. I know it can be better but I guess its better on the rich side instead of lean.

I was comparing pcv brock maps and when I add the map to the ecu editor it have a lot of fuel add like +140(62%) at 8000rpm 100%TPS. And is way to much fuel because as Greg from boostbysmith told me the pcv only control one set of injectors and the ecu flash control both upper and lower injectors.

Back