Why generic maps are no good

this also applies to flashed maps as well actually it is worse with flashed maps because the editors uses changeing the value of a sensor withis diferent depending of who rides the bike

Johnnie not sure i follow what you are saying ecu map like a pC2 map? ECU Flashing doesn't change sensor values, it changes the actual fuel VE tables, other things like barometric pressure, air temp etc can still factor into just like when using a power commander as a piggyback.

Johnnie not sure i follow what you are saying ecu map like a pC2 map? ECU Flashing doesn't change sensor values, it changes the actual fuel VE tables, other things like barometric pressure, air temp etc can still factor into just like when using a power commander as a piggyback.

it kinda like changing valves in a sense. think of it this way..............
one bike idleing at one cell and when you add throttle it moves to a different cell. the next bike will not be a those same cells

And that is the whole point - you got your map off the internet, from your Bud, from Dynojet, or wherever, and you THINK your bike is right, you THINK your bike is fast and running good all over. But it is not.

Every bike is different, every bike needs to be custom dyno tuned, especially when pipes or air filters have been changed. And yes, this applies to slip-ons too.

Generic maps are not good!:poke:

I got mine dyno'd this past weekend and they only got 171 WHP and 104 lb/ft. Bike has PC5, R-77 CF Slipons, stock header with cat, K&N filter. Expected a little better numbers but bike really runs smooth as glass. Throttle feels like it has a direct line to the rear wheel.

Graph.jpg

it kinda like changing valves in a sense. think of it this way..............
one bike idleing at one cell and when you add throttle it moves to a different cell. the next bike will not be a those same cells

I don't understand this,are you saying this because tps might not be the same? I've never heard of this or seen it. We have two 08 busa's flashed with what some would call a generic map even tho it is a map made by one of the best tuners around and we data logged both bikes and the a/f ratio would be hard to improve on. one bike made 198 and the other 197hp.

Custom map for the win! Nice gains. If you're gonna mod your bike that much, what's a few hundred more to get it dialed right? I bet that $hit flies now!

Back