Zx14 owner claims 200 mph on dyno

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
DYNO RESULTS !!! AND ALOT MORE!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st let my start by asking someone that has posted pics in the past to allow mme to E-mail the actual results. I have tried to post pics in the past with no luck!

The results are a bone stock ZX14 with 10/40w Non Synthetic oil. 852 miles on ODO.

Next I give you what I got!

Speedohealer set to 10% correction checked calibration steady up to 160mph give or take 1mph. Got alittle busy past that! If you set the SH @ 10% you are dead balls on w/stock gearing!

4th Gear run set at same STD w/3 smoothing that Brock Posted his Dyno info with
166.20 HP @ 9800rpm 104.04 LB/FT TQ @ 7900rpm

6th Gear Run for max speed:
Broke 200mph on Dyno! The Dyno sheets I will post will show approx. 196mph due to me ending the run before the dyno did its auto shut down @ 200mph.

Also the HP# for that run was168.05 & TQ # was 103.33

The speedoHealer seems to have eliminated the restriction. What I did notice is my Gear Indicator tells me I'm in 5th not 6th when I get into the upper statosphere. I thought it was me in the wrong gear but I tried it a couple a more times & it happened again! I will check that out alittle more before passing judgement.

More info!

4th Gear roll-on HP# 37.03 TQ# 57.14

6th Gear roll-on HP# 47.76 TQ# 73.63

The ECM is opening the secondaries in 5th & 6th. BIG difference in those #'s
Look at the A/F when posted. When this thing is tuned I'm gonna get some FAT #'s!!!!!!!

Sorry for delay on maps. I have to scan them into my pc at home & I will e-mail them to 1st E-mail address I get. Just give me a few minutes.

who cares about the 200 on a dyno. just because you can spin the tire that fast doesn't mean you can do that while riding. Air resistance has alot to do with how fast you can go. get it on gps and I will believe it.

+1 , let's see that on gps , if possible
smile.gif

I saw a Harley Sporster do 8 sec 1/4 miles off their Dyno at a bike show. Bike was basicly stock
rock.gif
, so, SO MUCH FOR STATIC RUNS
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I can do a hand-stand in a pool for as long as I can hold my breath. But I can only do it for about 2 seconds in the real world ...
biggrin.gif
blush.gif
tounge.gif

cool. But I've driven 990 KPH in the Trackmania game. THAT is some SERIOUS SPEED

who cares about the 200 on a dyno.  just because you can spin the tire that fast doesn't mean you can do that while riding.  Air resistance has alot to do with how fast you can go.  get it on gps and I will believe it.
Forget the GPS ...A zx14 set a new stock production record of 196.1 at Maxton.....The bike had 24 miles on it....That's from a standing start and one mile.... Just think if he had a mile and half ... 200+ easy ....The old record was 180...

I have my bikes dyno results at bike week in NH ran 210-215 on the dyno hit rev limiter in high gear called the guy running the dyno over to see it on the speedo. Also have film of me doing a burnout at bike week on one of the guys cameras doing a burnout at 200 MPH.

who cares about the 200 on a dyno.  just because you can spin the tire that fast doesn't mean you can do that while riding.  Air resistance has alot to do with how fast you can go.  get it on gps and I will believe it.
Forget the GPS  ...A zx14 set a new stock production record of 196.1 at Maxton.....The bike had 24 miles on it....That's from a standing start and one mile.... Just think if he had a mile and half ... 200+ easy ....The old record was 180...
It can't be stock and do 200, the dumbass limiter has to kick in at 184 or 186 whatever the deal is.

You all have to remeber one thing how new is the 14 it has taken Kaw a long time to even get to this point.

Forget the GPS  ...A zx14 set a new stock production record of 196.1 at Maxton.....The bike had 24 miles on it....That's from a standing start and one mile.... Just think if he had a mile and half ... 200+ easy ....The old record was 180...
So does that mean it took the Fastest Production Bike record from the Busa? According to the Guinness World Book of Records a stock Busa only ran 194mph.

I know you speak of the Maxton mile but a stock 196 is faster than a stock 194 no matter what the distance is.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150789893 -->

well if i ever see one on the road i will make him wish he bought a busa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thats all i am saying about that. my little 1299 puts out 195hp 110 foot lbs now so they better look out

well if i ever see one on the road i will make him wish he bought a busa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thats all i am saying about that. my little 1299 puts out 195hp 110 foot lbs now so they better look out

If I were to go for some serious gearing on my Ninja, I could probably break 200 on the dyno.

200 on the dyno is nothing special.
biggrin.gif

The Zx14 has no character. It is a bland bike the a bland company. Kawasaki always trys to come up with "high Performence" bikes but they are butt ugly. Who cares if you can break 200 mph on a dyno. On the track and at the stop light the hayabusa is going to do better. Besides if you swap gear ratios to match the Zx14 you too can do 200mph on a dyno.

<!--EDIT|XRavenX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150820174 -->

Back