dynoed the S100RR today.

Well, if it is getting 184hp with a 1000cc motor, where is the 190 rear wheel HP for our Busa motor? What gives? Suzuki is leaving a lot on the table. Maybe for long term reliability?

is this a typical price for dyno time? I thought it typicaly cost a bit more.

That's pretty inline with base pulls (no tuning). If you want a tune, that's where the price jumps up...

Well, if it is getting 184hp with a 1000cc motor, where is the 190 rear wheel HP for our Busa motor? What gives? Suzuki is leaving a lot on the table. Maybe for long term reliability?

The BUSA has a LOT on the table. Try not to get caught up in the numbers guys, anything can be fast when you throw enough money at it... :thumbsup:

Yup, I just got done paying $100 per hour for tuning my Busa on a dyno.

There is much more on the table for a Busa engine. That is also a reason why the Busa is tops in the drag racing scene and not liter bikes. Liter bikes are just about tuned to a point where performance increases in the engine are slim. They also are pushing extremely high compression numbers to make the impressive power they do.

I rode it 120 miles to the dyno,up in tulsa, Metric motorcycles(great people) the bike had 1690 miles on it when I got it on the dyno, numbers were 184.52 HP @ 13.2k and 80.15 lb/ft of tq @ 10K. those are the corrected numbers also. air fuel went a little rich above 8k rpm, around 12:1 or lower.

so you visited andy, good guy, his wife rides/races too :beerchug:

wait is there a metric motorcycles in tulsa?

Last edited:
Back