2012 ZX14R makes 190 PLUS HP to the tire ..

and to think i posed in Daytona with RickyG once about a decade ago...i'm the guy in the red shirt..a lil over-weight back then! LOL!

rickgadson.jpg

well?..i guess i'll hafta bear in mind that my lovely GenI Busa Oren Ishii cant whoop up on the 14's no more...but it'll sure be fun seeing how well their new owners can ride! LOL!

I'm sure the new 14 is bas a$$ but there is no way that a good rider can't get into the 9s on a busa .

Very true. Keep it apples to apples. It's always this way with bikes, cars, trucks,,, you name it. You favorite falls behind the 8 ball and then BOOM! Back on top.... for a little while

Just enjoy what you ride for the reasons why you ride it. Any a##hole can make a promo video in an attempt to sell something.

There's a reason we ride the Busa. If it was all about the fastest bike, we'd have to go to the 1000rr until Suzuki re does the Busa. It's NOT just one thing. I love my Busa and have a huge grin whenever I set off on it. There's a multitude of reasons why I love my bike and I couldn't care less if some half a##ed "drag racer" lines up whatever company's bike is paying him to go fast or slow down... It's all inconsequential.

I'm looking forward to my Sunday ride ;)

Dont get wrong, I think the 14s a great bike, BUT! if your gonna do a promo vid at the drag strip dont insult us with a bogus race that anyone that knows drag racing KNOWS the #### dont jive! I think I could put a stock GenI in the nine"s- Hell I"m running high 5.90s in the 1/8 bone stock motor, no spray, just a yosh pipe, and some gear and an air shift and a clutch mod and a wheelie bar and a??? hahaha I for got about all that stuff!
Wheelie bar?!? :poke:

Gents?..here's what i find rediculous...look at the scenario here..then ask yourselves..

WHO THE FUDGE DRAG RACES BOX STOCK MOTORCYCLES?

i can think of two types...

1. Sales Reps.

and?..

2. Posers with More Money than Experience.

outside of that?...all bets are off...and while both bikes are excellent platforms for 1/4mile work?...only 1 will have the larger following which in turn dictates who gets the lions share of aftermarket support..R&D and?.."options available"..which in turn...ultimately..(as long as you're not a sales rep or poser)...dictates the winning choice.

My beloved '03 GenI Oren Ishii is going on 9 years old...do i feel disadvantaged in any way shape or form?...LOL!...he11 no!...and if i were that concerned about defending my pride with the drag queens on 14's?..i could go naturally asperated with a big bore kit and still eat their lunch for less than the tax they paid on their new 14..but i'm of the mindset that any trained chimp can lay down on a tank, twist a grip and steer in a straight line for 10seconds or less..i "ride" mine. LOL!..and her full akr PC'ed powerplant hasnt let me down yet! LOL! :)

DYNOTOPSPEED.jpg

leastways not on the streets...besides...

Killboy.jpg

OREN1.jpg

diabolic1.jpg

aint she a beaut?...L8R, Bill. :cool:

I for one won't be in line to pick up a 14, I'm not into drag racing and after watching the Kawi promo it's obvious which bike they are promoting. All that being said I still find it to be an impressive motorcycle. I'm interested to see some of the none Kawisaki sponsored reviews of the bike, particular on the handling of the bike. If there is one thing about ZX-14s that stands out in my mind it is that I've never scene one at a track day. While you don't see alot of Hayabusa's at track days, you do see them from time to time.

So a 1441 making 190whp, how much does a 1441 busa make? On average 220whp, so why would any of us be impressed?

:director:EXACTLY!!!! I've seen the Gen II 1441 package from KWS Motorsports make 244 horse power on racing fuel... So what's the hype all about?:whistle:

:director:EXACTLY!!!! I've seen the Gen II 1441 package from KWS Motorsports make 244 horse power on racing fuel... So what's the hype all about?:whistle:

Because it's factory stock WITH a warranty. You're comparing 2 totally different bikes at that point. One with several mods with a lot of money on top of the cost of the bike with a completely stock bike

who cares about factory warranty with 190hp you guys act like the bike is gonna break down a week after you buy it. these bikes are not junk who cares about warranty not me. i will not ever hava a 14 i will wait for the new busa to come out and i will buy it and give my wife the gen 1.

And tht 1441 will need race gas not 89 pump gas .. And lets not forget it will need two batterys to start it with the compression it has .. At least once a year if you race that Busa 1441 motor you will be or should be pulling it apart and checking bearing and valve springs ..My zx14R made 218 HP on 89 pump gas and run high 8.40s at 162.60 .. Brock made 227 on MR12 .. The bike is no joke ..

You don't need two batteries for a 1441. And you don't have to break down the motor every year. 14's do make nice power but so do 1441 busa's. I was at MIRock and not a single new 14 made the times you are making. Not saying you are lying but only you are the only person that really know's what your bike really has.

You don't need two batteries for a 1441. And you don't have to break down the motor every year. 14's do make nice power but so do 1441 busa's. I was at MIRock and not a single new 14 made the times you are making. Not saying you are lying but only you are the only person that really know's what your bike really has.

He's not the only guy making times like that on the 14R...

Back