2012 ZX14R makes 190 PLUS HP to the tire ..

Does your 1441 busa make 220 hp with stock exhaust ?

I do not have a 1441. My 1340 does make 178whp with a stock gen1 exhaust. I don't see this supposed 20+hp over the gen2 busa. At the race track, with real drag racers is when we will see what it does. But for now there is no real proof of what it can do yet. My close friend does have a 1441 that made 223whp with a brock exhaust. So are you trying to say that if you put a pipe on a kawi that it will add 30whp? Not likely unless it is a sidewinder.

I for one really don't care, I didn't buy my bike to drag race. There is always something or someone who will be faster.
185-190 mph is plenty fast for me.

ok maybe im all wet here but if the 14 is a 1441 and only puts out 190 at the wheel? I mean my 06 with a 1397 put out 194 at the wheel in 85 degree weather. i know dyno's are all different but i am a little confused. maybe i just dont understand this stuff well enough

Blah blah blah...at least us busa riders dont brag without ten years of RIGHT behind us...lol

I can't wait to see more dyno numbers from these bikes. With after market add ons, the 14s should make anywhere from 210-215 rwhp.

As it was stated, The busa runs high 9's who rode that busa grandma sally hahahaha it was no pro rider or it was a pro rider that was holding it back...

I'm pretty biased obviously because I own a Gen II and I can't think of any other bike I would rather have(boy those S1000RR's look nice), but some of you guys are comparing apples to oranges. Kawasaki has a brand new, factory stock bike WITH a warranty with what sounds like pretty impressive numbers that's ready to roll right out of the box. Comparing a Hayabusa that has a built motor with aftermarket pipes and any other supporting mods to a factory stock bike is a little ridiculous. Give it some time, Suzuki will answer the call hopefully sooner than later

I'm pretty biased obviously because I own a Gen II and I can't think of any other bike I would rather have(boy those S1000RR's look nice), but some of you guys are comparing apples to oranges. Kawasaki has a brand new, factory stock bike WITH a warranty with what sounds like pretty impressive numbers that's ready to roll right out of the box. Comparing a Hayabusa that has a built motor with aftermarket pipes and any other supporting mods to a factory stock bike is a little ridiculous. Give it some time, Suzuki will answer the call hopefully sooner than later
Dont get wrong, I think the 14s a great bike, BUT! if your gonna do a promo vid at the drag strip dont insult us with a bogus race that anyone that knows drag racing KNOWS the #### dont jive! I think I could put a stock GenI in the nine"s- Hell I"m running high 5.90s in the 1/8 bone stock motor, no spray, just a yosh pipe, and some gear and an air shift and a clutch mod and a wheelie bar and a??? hahaha I for got about all that stuff!

this is a review from Motorcycle USA back in 08.
"It should also be noted that one journo-weasel managed to sneak in a few extra runs, while the rest of us were prepping for the street ride, and he managed to post a 9.99 pass only to have Jordan Motorsports' Aaron Yates best his effort with a 9.95 on the following run. With a few more passes under our belt, I am certain that many more riders would have been basking in the glory of a 9-second time slip."

Dont get wrong, I think the 14s a great bike, BUT! if your gonna do a promo vid at the drag strip dont insult us with a bogus race that anyone that knows drag racing KNOWS the #### dont jive! I think I could put a stock GenI in the nine"s- Hell I"m running high 5.90s in the 1/8 bone stock motor, no spray, just a yosh pipe, and some gear and an air shift and a clutch mod and a wheelie bar and a??? hahaha I for got about all that stuff!

You just said... It's a Promo for Kawasaki. They obviously aren't going to make the direct competition look good in anyway. That new ZX-14 should be flat out a monster. Kawasaki did awesome things with the ZX-10 and they brought some of that technology into their flag ship bike. I haven't seen anyone actually post a timeslip from their Gen II that was 100% factory stock with a 9.x pass on it. I say give credit, where credit is due.

I know you're joking about your bike, but really that's apples to oranges especially with the wheelie bar. There's no reason that this bike won't do everything Kawasaki is saying it will and it should. It's a brand new bike with brand new technology competing against a 4 year old Gen II.

Last edited:
Who cares, the 14 is off the charts on the ugly o meter. The new graphics look like they were designed by a 12 year old. Looks like a hot wheels bike to me.

So a 1441 making 190whp, how much does a 1441 busa make? On average 220whp, so why would any of us be impressed?
I am impressed because that is190 RWHP with factory warranty. I would dearly love Suzuki to bring something better to the Table.

Back