WELL The results of the Dyno Horsepower Shootout

busabrother

Registered
It was a beautiful warm and sunny day in Richmond, VA.  As I saddle up all three kids to take to my daughters soccer game this morning, no one would have guessed I was up EARLY this morning spot checking the BEAST in the garage and putting her on the trailer getting her ready for the HP shootout at Kens Cycles!!  Well skip past the soccer game, ( where her team got CRUSHED...anyhow)  All my buddies start arriving at the bike shop where the shootout began at 10 that morning.  The tension builds as I motor up with the King on the trailer gleaming and just looking so damn good.  Everyone stops and stares in awe.   (well maybe just interest).  I pull her off the trailer and roll her into line.

Now recall i asked all of you for predictions.  Unfortunately NONE of us were close.  I don't know non sae dyno, no sniffer just 4th gear roll on.  I was in the 1001CC class and up.  THe bike currently in the lead was a gixxer 1000 at 155.4 HP.  Well the beast gets on the machine............... goes thru the gears to fourth then CRANKS down on her...................

159.5 HP??? Oh well not what i expected, but shes all stock except for PC3r and Muzzy with BMC race.  So all day i am at the top of the heap.  My good buddy with the new 10 put his bike up.  155.4hp. Muzzy slip on with pc3USB.  So i am at the top of the food chain..................until another busa with stock everyth9ing except two yosh slip ons and NO PC ran a .......143hp.  Still on top till the 3rd from last  bike a damn KAWI zx-12. Owner claims it was stock with only pc3r and a muzzy bolt on....  How did this mutha fuc&a .... oops i mean fella pul a 170.9!!!!!!!  Well i came in second in the First annual dyno shootout.   I now accept your opinions!!!!!!!  and a new map!!!!  Holla  

Oh yeah by the way.,  I wanted to test if the TRE really worked to remove top speed.  Mind you i am one down in the front.  The top speed my busa pulled before hitting limiter was 183 mph on the dyno.  Now leave your comments!!!

Thanks for listening!!!

IM000702.JPG

What he said. That is what I hate the most about those comps. But what can you do? I bet he has a hell of a time puttin that to the street.

do u have a custom map for your set up in your area? remember just because u get the map off of dyno jets website doesnt mean its gonna be perfect for your bike.. variations like altitude, humidity, temperature all go into play for power output.

i know my bike on a dyno shoot out only did a 156 with dual hmf hi's K&N and small air box mod no commander but yeah a definaty BS on the 12 there must be some motor work done in there mabey some cams and a slight overboar
rock.gif

Have to consider the operator and machine if that were off then it would have effect on the #'s...The 12 making 170hp yeah I guess it is possible the 12 has more hp than the Busa anyway...I ran a Muzzy before the boost and used a PC site map their not the best...Get yourself and your beloved Busa a custom map...
evil.gif

Bring the King up to Herndon, VA and leave it with Nick at ChampionMotorSports for a day. He tuned mine to 169 HP and 101 Torque ... dual HMF's and PC3r ... pair valve removed and no other mods.

djbusa_s2.JPG

Bring the King up to Herndon, VA and leave it with Nick at ChampionMotorSports for a day. He tuned mine to 169 HP and 101 Torque ... dual HMF's and PC3r ... pair valve removed and no other mods.
Yeah that's right. I will be bringing my bike to Austin to let Johnnycheese do his thang. I just installed my new Micron 4-to-1 full exhaust, did the pair valve and air box mod. I'm hoping for at least a 170 hp on mine. We'll just have to wait and see.

Brian

Back