The numbers game is starting to get ridiculous

The Big Red One

Registered
Here's what Ricky G. has to say about the new ZX-14.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rickey Gadson
2003 SBS Prostar Champion
Group: Members
super.gif
pm  

I know you guys aren't going to believe me but, as my name is Rickey Gadson, I swear all results are true and honest!

I wanted to post Dyno results in stages, but Frank must have a lock on pictures, as I have not been able to post graphs since last week sometime.

I find it hard to believe myself but,this 2008 ZX14 is....what it is!
I wouldn't associate my name with this if I did not think I could duplicate it with any 08 ZX14.

UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE

Today I received my new Prototype exhaust pipe from Muzzys which he has been extensively testing with the 1530cc\ 240hp pkg.

It looks like the M-10 with different dimensions, but it obviously works!

I dynoed the 08 today with now 119 miles on it, and it made 179.6.
One hr later I was ready to go back on the dyno as to keep the conditions the same.

The graph went from 179hp to 188hp with pump gas.
After a few runs to heat cycle the bike it jump up to 190.
A few more cycles and bam.......191.4
On the next run the bike started to run out of fuel and made more hp because it leaned out before it ran out.

That told me it was gonna love U4.....and luv it did.
4 runs lata 197.0 but what was unbelievable was the torque..................120 ftlbs with NO tuning!!
DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN!

Lets recap all mods from crate til now:

lowered front and rear
Ceramic wheel bearings(World wide bearings)
no filter
Muzzys new (M-14) pipe
-1 tooth on rear (40 tooth)
U 4 fuel

things still stock:

chain(til tomorrow)
No Power commander
tire
secondarys still in place

will post graph when possible.

8 time National Drag Racing Champion
Kawasaki Factory Rider
Rickey Gadson Drag Racing School Instructor
1-877-DRAGBIKE
Owner of Rickey Gadson Sportbike Zone
856-784-FAST
http://www.rickeygadson.net
http://www.sportbikezone.com
http://www.myspace.com/rgsportbikezone
Rickey Gadson  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between him and Brock, these numbers are starting to sound wayyyy to much like advertising hype, and wayyyy to little like facts. So don't be too disappointed when the actual bikes, on average, on real world dyno's, in customers hands, make 10-15 less hp than the so called "test" bikes  
wowold.gif

rock.gif

sadnews.gif

whistling.gif

I can't wait till the magazines get their "special" bikes and pump out some bike selling numbers of their own  
ohthedrama.gif

The things companies will do to sell stuff nowadays  
sad.gif
 Another game of huge numbers in the media...we buy in good faith, and get bent over the dyno for it  
argue.gif
 Its gonna be interesting to watch the same old crap tho, as people start complaining in droves cause their new busa/14 doesn't put out the numbers its supposed to...oh well, nuthin we haven't seen before  
crazy.gif

Could you imagine what that thing will do once they take off the secondaries, put on a Power Comander, and tune it..........They'll be getting like 280 hp, with 185 ft lbs. of tq, RIGHT..........?
argue.gif

I'm currently contracted by Bristol-Myers Squibb and I achieved to TOP performance awards at Dupont 5 years ago. Our drugsa are a #$^@ hair better than the other pharma co's drugs... but I'm not saying that because they pay me money or because I like working with them.

blah blah... I agree there's waaaay to much hype on whose bike eeks out more over the other... and the next bike tested will again have numbers a little different. Ride what you like. Not because it has the highest bullcrap but because it's the one you like for your own reasons.
lurk.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Re: The numbers game is starting to get ridiculous [/quote]

werd.gif

Gee starting to have an inferiority complex with my measly 160hp range... how is a guy supposed to feel fast if he reads something like that.... I can tell my bike feels slower already... drat..

Getting a new dyno guy that can twist the knobs more in my favor.... brb...

Gee starting to have an inferiority complex with my measly 160hp range... how is a guy supposed to feel fast if he reads something like that.... I can tell my bike feels slower already... drat..  

Getting a new dyno guy that can twist the knobs more in my favor.... brb...
jump9.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I know you guys aren't going to believe me[/quote]
Oh how right you are Rickster ...
moon.gif

pppfffff!
whatevah!!!
argue.gif

I dont give a flyin' f*** what a bike w/non-pump fuel, a FULL EXHAUST, NO filter, n some $$$$ bearings; does for hp-their squeezn even MORE hp outta a dyno every time now, blah, blah-blah:when Ricky wins the season on a Piece-of-Kawa-crappolla, I'll be impressed...until then
guns.gif

OK I am back... new dyno guy with better fingers on the buttons....

160rhp now up to 174... whew and I thought I was going to have to spend a lot of money....

Interesting, no disrespect to RG, he knows his stuff and can ride hard!, however he could only pull off 151 mph @ 9.10 on a 08 14 @ gainsville last weekend?, BROCKS 08 BUSA went 8.91 @ 156.99 , so u tell me, dyno is one thing, track is another, BUSAS won SUPERSTREET AND PROSTREET for 2007
lurk.gif

OK  I am back... new dyno guy with better fingers on the buttons....

160rhp now up to 174... whew and I thought I was going to have to spend a lot of money....
LOL...I like your approach...if you can't beat'em join'em. I need to upgrade to a new dyno slip myself come to think of it  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not knocking Ricky or Brock....the whole industry does the numbers game. And I guess numbers sell bikes. Its just too bad we're fed fluff when I think we should get the truth. The new bikes are fun as hell and faster than stink...and so are the old ones. And I learned years ago to ignore media hp/tq numbers for bikes and enjoy the bike for what it is. I guess the whole numbers thing still irritates me tho.
Oh well..when you cut through the crap we still have some damn fast bikes at our disposal  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

Just wait till they replace the oil with spring water and put in
some new fuel from NASA you really won't belive the numbers
bowdown.gif

My thing is with the special gas and bolt on exhaust and other s@#t just slap on a big block kit or turbo if you want to see some outrageous numbers and be done with it. If they start tinkering with the bikes then you are no longer stock. It is just marketing tactics to get you to buy more stuff. Oh it went this fast with lowering strap and rear links, Oh it went this fast with U4 fuel, Oh it went this fast with Blah, Blah, Blah!

OK I am back... new dyno guy with better fingers on the buttons....

LOL...I like your approach...if you can't beat'em join'em. I need to upgrade to a new dyno slip myself come to think of it
winkold.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not knocking Ricky or Brock....the whole industry does the numbers game. And I guess numbers sell bikes. Its just too bad we're fed fluff when I think we should get the truth. The new bikes are fun as hell and faster than stink...and so are the old ones. And I learned years ago to ignore media hp/tq numbers for bikes and enjoy the bike for what it is. I guess the whole numbers thing still irritates me tho.
Oh well..when you cut through the crap we still have some damn fast bikes at our disposal
winkold.gif
laugh.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
I think you already know and most should know the truth is that dyno runs are only a "comparative" testing system.. The operator does have an influence on what the actual numbers are. (fortunately fully computerized units have lessened this problem) To get decent comparisons, you need both bikes run back to back..

I think the side by side dyno drags are pretty neat but show the limitations of the system..

My first dyno experience was on a bike dyno at vocational shop at SCSC where they had a prostock bike on their MC wheel dyno (1976) As I recall the hp was around 160 then.. I was an awe struck teenager at the time

Since then I have hundreds of pulls on engine dyno's, the operator can make a lot of difference on the final readings sad to say.

We ran a dual water brake unit that was good to 1000ft lbs torque and was a full manual unit. Our operator was a freak of nature and pure genius (Vince Singareni from Scottsdale AZ)..
He was a self educated aerospace engineer (no college at all)and had amazing ideas we used on our turbo applications.

I sort of look at dyno sheets the same way I listen to "Sound clips" of pipes... it is a matter of perspective and not a real good real world indicator... but fun all the same
smile.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

Back