dyno

whzyrd

Registered
Well it was a balmy 96 deg in phoenix today so i decided to run the busa on the dyno at work it just hit 600 miles i did its first service and here are the numbers 164.7 hp and 101.3 ft lbs of torque it is bone stock i was very impressed can wait to start the mods
thanks Rich

wow!!!! bone stock! that doesn't sound right to be honest. Your bike should be making about 10HP less
biggrin.gif

Are you sure the dyno is setup correctly?... I have seen others post your HP/Torque results with mods.

Cloud

i agree i thought it was a lil much also but i then took it to one of our other dynos next door and it ran the same numbers within 2 hp we have 3 dynos on campus and the 2 i ran it on are about 6 months old we are a training center for dyno jet if you buy a dyno dyno jet will send you to us to get trained or we send someone to your dealer to show you all the bells and whistles and the best news is we are setting up our new tuning link in the next 2 weeks
Rich

nothing wrong with having a little extra... there are many that have a little less if you know what I mean... ;)

does altitude effect dyno #'s ? even with or without a PCIII. i was thinkin about getting mine done in farmington, nm (5,500ft)...i dont think flagstaff (7,000ft) has a dyno...maybe i should haul it to phx to get it on your dyno..wow.

does altitude effect dyno #'s ? even with or without a PCIII.  i was thinkin about getting mine done in farmington, nm (5,500ft)...i dont think flagstaff (7,000ft) has a dyno...maybe i should haul it to phx to get it on your dyno..wow.
Does it affect dyno numbers... dude, I am surprised you had to ask...

Of course. At 5500 ( I am in Denver at the same or much higher at times.) you can expect to loose at LEAST 10-20% on the dyno. The dynos at this altitude are "corrected" for altitude to give you accurate numbers(HP measured at sea level) but that doesn't change the fact that you are still down 10-20% in HP at these altitudes and there is nothing you can do about it, but mod up to compensate...

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091838686 -->

well thats what i was thinking...but wasnt sure if the PCIII that u have is able to adjust the lean mixture for the altitude enough to bring the performance back that you would normally lose...or at least partially

Hey Whzyrd where are ya at in the Phoenix area. I live out in Mesa. You're not the black one I see on Southern most afternoons are you. Give me a yell. By the way, nice HP.

ok this is for johnny we run the dyno jet 250 and the 250 I. All 3 have eddy current brakes. it didnt cost me anything to run on dyno i am a chief instructor at motorcycle mechanics institute and i ride an 03 silver and grey Busa dont cruse mill but i will be going to pavillions tomarrow night around 8 ish
and i live in chandler and commute to deer valley every day
thanks for all the replies
Rich

ok this is for johnny we run the dyno jet 250 and the 250 I. All 3 have eddy current brakes. it didnt cost me anything to run on dyno i am a chief instructor at motorcycle mechanics institute and i ride an 03 silver and grey Busa dont cruse mill but i will be going to pavillions tomarrow night around 8 ish
and i live in chandler and commute to deer valley every day
thanks for all the replies
Rich
what was uncorrected (there is a reason for asking)

im not sure johnny ill have to check on monday when i go back in i didnt even look to see if it was printed corrected or not if it was corrected i know it will be less hp good question ill check into it
Rich

im not sure johnny ill have to check on monday when i go back in i didnt even look to see if it was printed corrected or not if it was corrected i know it will be less hp good question ill check into it
Rich
not really less if it was in an encloesd room with A/C uncorrected will be more than corrected

corrected or uncorrected ?
there is
STD
SAE
Uncorrected
DIN and one other one (don't feel like turning on the dyno)
Uncorrected is just that what it make right then and there.
(this is what I use due to DYNOJET's weather station is a real P>O>S>)
then I correct it to SAE using real temp humidity barometic pressure and alt.
If I use the dyno I put it in STD and correct the alt. to 1400 feet (I am at 670) and it still reads 2-4 lower than SAE.
So my sheets say STD but the customer knows what they really have.

For the SAE J1349 relative horsepower calculations, the standard reference conditions are: Air temp 77 deg F (25 deg C), 29.235 Inches- Hg (990 mb) actual pressure and 0% relative humidity.

for STD

The density altitude is the altitude in dry air that would have the same density as the input conditions. The ICAO standard conditions for zero density altitude are 0 meters altitude, 15 deg C (59 deg F) air temp, 1013.25 mb (29.921 in-Hg) pressure and 0 % relative humidity.

Back