Dyno nrun today

macbusa

Registered
Went to an open house at the dealership today and got a free dyno run. Bike is an 04 with a Yosh RS3 full exhaust, PC3R and small airbox mod. The dyno run was 153hp (dyno operator said this was corrected HP). I had a stock dyno run on a different dyno in October and it was 158hp. So I was expecting to see 165-170 with my mods.

Can someone explain what "Corrected HP" means?

Link to video below. Dialup warning vid is 7mb.
dyno run

<!--EDIT|macbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113093056 -->

hehe. nice.. you got so much powa that you made the fan start turning!
laugh.gif

This is my understanding of it, maybe I"m wrong.

An engine's output depends on the quality of air it breathes, and it is therefore essential to take into account variances in air pressure, temperature and humidity when measuring horsepower. Raw numbers are generally normalized to sea level conditions within a dynamometer's software using a standard correction factor. However, this does not mean you will get identical readings from two different dynos, or for that matter, the same dyno on two different days. While the dynamometer corrects the horsepower it reads to standard atmospheric conditions, it cannot account for jetting changes you should have made to account for the weather. For example, you could run your bike at the local dyno and see 100 corrected horsepower on a cold day and return--without changes--on a hot day for another run and get 98 corrected horsepower. Where's the two horsepower? To get back to 100 horsepower, you'd have to lean your bike out for the hotter weather.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113093791 -->

A guy with about the same set-up as you at our open house Dyno (Yosh full system and PC3) got 153hp...he though out Dyno was readings were about 8hp off.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: "cause I said so"|1113096489 -->

I posted this same post on another open topic.

I dynoed my bike today. Just Yoshi slip ons. 162.1 whp.

I think it did well... Received 3rd in a dyno shoot out.

ROYZGSX

You will get a different # on every dyno....you could run your bike on the same dyno today and again tomorrow and the # is going to be different.

I know all dynos are different....but 153hp with a pipe and PC3 seeemed a little low to me....

Oh well it was fun to be able to stand next to my bike and hear it run to redline.

Cruncherbusa did you get a dyno run in?

how many pulls were done?
also what type of dyno ? it looks like and old 150 or early 200

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113148808 -->

Damm just watch the video.
that bike was not on the dyno correctly did you see it move all over the place
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113180536 -->

JC - I think it was an older Dynojet dyno. I am not too worried about the numbers - this was a free run...and it was cool to be able to get it on video.

Went to an open house at the dealership today and got a free dyno run. Bike is an 04 with a Yosh RS3 full exhaust, PC3R and small airbox mod. The dyno run was 153hp (dyno operator said this was corrected HP). I had a stock dyno run on a different dyno in October and it was 158hp. So I was expecting to see 165-170 with my mods.

Can someone explain what "Corrected HP" means?

Link to video below. Dialup warning vid is 7mb.
dyno run
Means the bike is not tuned and your dealer kows shi$$. Bike should pull about 168-171hp at the wheel with a full set of pipes and airfilter and a PC for tunning.

Damm just watch the video.
that bike was not on the dyno correctly did you see it move all over the place
laugh.gif
If you look at he first peicture you can tell that the bike is not tied down correct. Thus my first comment that the dealer did not know what they were doing. Most kikelyt you would have got a lot nmore out of the run.

JC - I think it was an older Dynojet dyno. I am not too worried about the numbers - this was a free run...and it was cool to be able to get it on video.
Yes it looks like you had fun. Just be careful in the future a tunner who is not up to par can really scre up your bike.

I dynoed my bike today.  Just Yoshi slip ons.  162.1 whp.

ROYZGSX
Close to being correct however it is not tunned perfect yet.
Well with nothing to tune.. I think it did ok. I figure by just adding slip ons.. it would do ok. I plan on throwing on a aftermarket intake and that should free up some more HP. I can't see myself buying a power commander. I tune and race import cars for various circuits. Every car from the factory runs rich. Which is probably the same for bikes. ####... i figure the bike is tunned by Suzuki.. can't get it better than them. Just adding intake and exhaust there should be no need for a power commander.

At the Dyno shoot out there was a Busa there with Intake exhaust, and power commander. Guy said he downloaded a map for his set up. His bike only had 1900 miles as well. My bike (7300 miles) with just yoshi slip ons made 162.1 versus his 153.

ROYZGSX

I know all dynos are different....but 153hp with a pipe and PC3 seeemed a little low to me....

Oh well it was fun to be able to stand next to my bike and hear it run to redline.

Cruncherbusa did you get a dyno run in?
Nah -- after I saw him running yours and then combine that with the low numbers that everyone was receiving. I decided to pass, but I did end up running down to Greenville, S.C. with about 5 other busas!

And no I don't have pics, DOH:22:

I dynoed my bike today.  Just Yoshi slip ons.  162.1 whp.

ROYZGSX
Close to being correct however it is not tunned perfect yet.
Well with nothing to tune.. I think it did ok.  I figure by just adding slip ons.. it would do ok.  I plan on throwing on a aftermarket intake and that should free up some more HP.  I can't see myself buying a power commander.  I tune and race import cars for various circuits.  Every car from the factory runs rich.  Which is probably the same for bikes.  ####... i figure the bike is tunned by Suzuki.. can't get it better than them.  Just adding intake and exhaust there should be no need for a power commander.

At the Dyno shoot out there was a Busa there with Intake exhaust, and power commander.  Guy said he downloaded a map for his set up.  His bike only had 1900 miles as well.  My bike (7300 miles) with just yoshi slip ons made 162.1 versus his 153.

ROYZGSX
Nevermind

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: "What's the point?"|1113252799 -->

Back