bike night dyno run -

pward76

Donating Member
Registered
I need the  expertise of the dyno gurus here.  I got this one done on a portable dyno at bike night.  They were doing pulls in 6th gear, which seems to go against what I've read here.

The best pull was 154hp, they did not read torque for some reason, but they did have a sniffer to read air/fuel, which was mapped really nicely.  I've got the BDE pipe and have done the air box mod.  I am running the 027C map.

Anyway, what is the difference between a 4th gear pull and a 6th?
I hope this readout attaches ....

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123295475 -->

in one of them your in 4th.. the other is in 6th..

hehe.. nice pull though... I'd be happy if I ever dynoed that... never dynoed mine though.. maybe i've got the ultimate factory freak and am pulling 207 or something... course that would really make my 1/4 times embarrasing... haha.

I think they do 6th gear to determine top speeds?

in one of them your in 4th.. the other is in 6th..
huh?
rock.gif

I'd say its right where it should be,depending on how many miles you have on her, she will loosen up a bit.I would try another map just for a comparison.

I say you're low on hp. I would have tried the "B" map with the bde pipe.

with that pipe you should be in if not REALLY close to 160 hp. hooken203 has a bde pipe and pcIII and dynoed his bike at road america and got 165 hp.
rock.gif

Different dynos give you different numbers. I'e seen variances of over 20hp. Yes 20hp between different machines, even 10+hp between two of the exact same model of machine. Don't fret over a few little digits.

I say you're low on hp.  I would have tried the "B" map with the bde pipe.

with that pipe you should be in if not REALLY close to 160 hp.  hooken203 has a bde pipe and pcIII and dynoed his bike at road america and got 165 hp.
rock.gif
I have 8500 miles on it. Some of the guys were saying that this dyno reads low, one guy was down about 15hp on this dyno as compared to another one. The operator was saying that he thought he was about 4hp low as well, which would put me at 158. I do know that this dyno is only 2 months old. One guy was saying that it was "tight" and would "loosen up" over time. I'm beginning to think that these "experts" don't know their elbow from 3rd base. Which is why I was asking about it on here.

I had put the C map in last year, I suppose I should go back and try the B map.

I would say it's a low reading dyno.  With your mods, you should be around 160-165RWHP SAE if not more.

Plus the fact that they ran it in 6th gear is a no-no. Tell them to do it in 4th gear next time!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123341879 -->

Back