GEN 3 OR 2018 AND UP KAWASAKI ZX14

If I was looking again, I reckon I'd be looking for a late model zx14. Factory brembo brakes and m/c, ohlins rear shock. . Add a pipe, tune and new seat.. Done.
Maybe even easier oil and filter change..
Cruise for ZX14 I think wouldn't be much harder to install than the cruise on my gen2 Busa.
Having cruise on the busa, (or any bike for that matter) is a game changer for me.

You know, I was also between a busa and a ZX14 (Just kidding, the busa was my dream bike!) but when I parked next to a ZX14 at a motorcycle show I knew I made the right choice. It was ugly compared to the old beast!

I have a buddy who has a ZX14R and really loves it...He had a ZX12R before that, a ZX11R before that and a 1000 Ninja before that....you can see where his heart lies...

He did all he could to sway me away from a Hayabusa and go "Team Green." I simply told him I'm a Suzuki guy through and through and no Kawasaki can change my mind.....when I got my Bumblebee, he said he actually liked it....I almost fell off my chair.

Those prices will come back and maybe even cheaper. Keep shopping and you’ll find a dealer willing to meet your price..
It's gonna be hard to find a deal on gen 3 this year Maybe 1k off but covid ruined deals right now... we all have to go out of state to get our baby!

Bs aside if you can find low mileage newer zx14r for around 10k jump on it look for special edition you get some nice upgrades makes a difference.... Goodluck on your quest! 2016 carbon edition was the best in my opinion what a looker...she is dearly missed. People would always say it looked like batmans bike.

And for cruise control that's easy from $10 to $150 easy...

Screenshot_20210426-222657_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I ride with a guy that has a ZX 14 , he has about 30 pounds on me. His skills are about equal to mine. His bike is tuned with slip on’s. My 08 has full pipe, pc, tre, and tuned. I can pull him from a dig, top gear roll on. And waste him in the turns. He’s been trying to buy my bike for 3 years.

Zx14 to me felt like a gentleman's sport touring bike vs busa is now a beef caked gsxr1000 sportbike... may sound funny but I felt younger on the busa.

I am planning on selling the Honda Goldwing and really debating on getting a 18 and up ZX14 or just get the gen 3. I heard that the ZX14 is more comfortable but I hear the zx14 engines are trash. Not sure which way to lean. and the gen 3 has cruise control which is a plus.. and we are tlaking almost $4k difference in price which is a big defference.

what are your thoughts!! need some advise
I own a Gen1 ZX-4 and a Gen2 busa and I ride them both (not at the same time). The busa is more sporty, the difference is comfort is equal. The busa riding position is very slightly more leaning forward. The busa handles better in my opinion. The 14 has Carrazzeria rims, Ohlins suspension front and back and a whole lot of weight taken off of it and now it handles about as good as the busa. IOW, a ZX-14 will probably take a lot more mods to make it equal a busa in the handling department. I never rode a Gen2 ZX-14 but I'd expect it to be very similar to the Gen1 ZX-14 with a little more power, of course.
Someone posted the seating positions between the ZX-14R and the Hayabusa and the geometry is extremely similar.
Yup.

Sorry guys but for me the gearbox and the clutch operation on the 14 is much smoother than the busa I left the suspension stock on the 14 which felt good for my weight the With stock settings also on the busa the rear felt harsh for my weight the front was fine power wise there both about both the same Handling wise
I feel exactly the opposite. The busa shifted smoother since new. After about 40,000 miles, the 14 shifted about as smooth as the busa except under heay load, some of the shifts feel a little rough but they go in. The clutches are equal in my opinion but the busa's is a lot easier to pull the lever on which I think is good. The rear shock on my 14 was just fine after I loosened up the preload, the forks were kind of floaty compared to those of the busa.

Maybe even easier oil and filter change..
Not maybe, definitely.

I would wait a bit to hear about the true power of the busa and see how it stacks up against a gen3 ZX-14R. My hunch is that the busa will be about on par with it after after both bikes have basic mods. You also might want to wait to see if the ZX-14 gets updated. If that happens, the 14 will probably be the hyperbike of all hyperbikes forever. If you need to have one now, I'd go with the Gen2 ZX-14 for price, comfort and it's probably going to be about the same hp as a Gen3 busa...if it's not though, I'd be sorry I didn't go with the Gen3 busa.

its a tough decision i'm sure ...what way do you ride?..height & weight, do you have a pillion regularly, will you add luggage and tour.
zx14r or zzr1400 in europe is a good bike, certainly fast when rev'd , sharp brakes and handles smoothly but i had a 2014 model tuck its front in the damp ( just caught it in time ) which a busa or a 09 Zx14r never did.
i always felt like i sat on the zx vs sitting in the busa.
High speed stability...Busa no question...found both the ZX's i had got floaty after 140mph...all the Busa's i've owned have been solid to the limiter even in side winds...Zx in side winds was a kite.
Gen 3 for me has merged the good aspects of the gen 1& 2 ...i've no plans to mod my bikes beyond a set of cans so tuning etc is meaningless to me.
a pillion will prefer the ZX, if you carry luggage ...its the ZX again, if your local roads are rough then the Gen 3 Busa or a ZX with ohlins. If you do your own maintenance...Busa all day.
don't let cruise control make the decision for you...aftermarket kits are good and fairly cheap.
I'm certainly enjoying my Gen 3..4th gear on a nice twisty flowing road is great just rolling between the 4-7k range... on stock suspension vs a base model ZX14r ...the Gen 3 is much nicer on direction changes and holds the line with minimal bar work.
Gearbox on any Kwak sucks as they insist you use 1st...Busa lets you roll off in 3rd and doesn't complain.
I want to like the ZX and the newer H2 range but i also like to do my own maintenance which having tried it on the 2 ZX's i had was a curse to even change the battery...yes it has a nice wee area but its just a lot of fuss vs a simple pop the seat job on a Busa.
I've seen a few people mention having a Goldwing after these hyperbikes....thats not something i'd ever consider doing...i know they are very capable bikes but for me they are impractical for my riding style and general bike usage.

Previous owner of 99 and 08 busa as well as 06 and 16 zx14 yes zx14 is smoother but for a young gun busa puts a bigger smile on my face maybe cuz it was my first bike at 18 and the memories were way better and when your 6'3 250lbs and want to ride all day clear winner for me is the gen 3 nice to know if I get caught in the rain electronics could save your life but other then that they will be off...and with 2k in loyalty freebies I paid the same price as a new gen 2 hands down you would be a dummy to get anything else for that money or size... new 1000rr and h2 will cost damn near 25k I don't track and I don't want to die 10k looks better in my bank account. I test rode both before pre ordering gen 3 great bikes but no contest for me. Gen 3 has 50/50 weight distribution and reviews praise how much better it handles that's huge for me... marking the days off the calendar boys!
But now for me is almost $3k more would you of paid 18600?
its a tough decision i'm sure ...what way do you ride?..height & weight, do you have a pillion regularly, will you add luggage and tour.
zx14r or zzr1400 in europe is a good bike, certainly fast when rev'd , sharp brakes and handles smoothly but i had a 2014 model tuck its front in the damp ( just caught it in time ) which a busa or a 09 Zx14r never did.
i always felt like i sat on the zx vs sitting in the busa.
High speed stability...Busa no question...found both the ZX's i had got floaty after 140mph...all the Busa's i've owned have been solid to the limiter even in side winds...Zx in side winds was a kite.
Gen 3 for me has merged the good aspects of the gen 1& 2 ...i've no plans to mod my bikes beyond a set of cans so tuning etc is meaningless to me.
a pillion will prefer the ZX, if you carry luggage ...its the ZX again, if your local roads are rough then the Gen 3 Busa or a ZX with ohlins. If you do your own maintenance...Busa all day.
don't let cruise control make the decision for you...aftermarket kits are good and fairly cheap.
I'm certainly enjoying my Gen 3..4th gear on a nice twisty flowing road is great just rolling between the 4-7k range... on stock suspension vs a base model ZX14r ...the Gen 3 is much nicer on direction changes and holds the line with minimal bar work.
Gearbox on any Kwak sucks as they insist you use 1st...Busa lets you roll off in 3rd and doesn't complain.
I want to like the ZX and the newer H2 range but i also like to do my own maintenance which having tried it on the 2 ZX's i had was a curse to even change the battery...yes it has a nice wee area but its just a lot of fuss vs a simple pop the seat job on a Busa.
I've seen a few people mention having a Goldwing after these hyperbikes....thats not something i'd ever consider doing...i know they are very capable bikes but for me they are impractical for my riding style and general bike usage.
I really appreciate you taking the time for your feedback. I am about 5’8 about 275 pounds. I would 99% of the time will not have a pillion. I do tend to use luggage going to work for lunch bag and shoes little things. When I had my gen2 busa I had a rear seat bag which worked good for me some ppl hated it because it looked weird on it lol. When I rode my busa on long day trips(I would only do full day trips never more than that)The thing that came to my mind is wish I have cruise control which I have couple different options I’ve tried but didn’t work seamless for me. and after 45 minutes to an hour my legs tend to get numb and need to stretch them and my hands would get numb after 15 minutes . (Just found out I have carpel tunnel getting surgery in July). I wanted full comfort. And I definitely got it with the Goldwing but the crowds I hang out with my bike doesn’t go good and I feel out of place. And I went to a group with harleys and Touring bikes I didn’t have fun at all maybe because they were all older than me. Idk. Most I went is 130 I don’t think I’ll go more than that. But I want comfort and cruise control

You can't go wrong with newer zx14r or gen 3 busa wait 1 more month and test drive both before dropping hard earned coin... for us big and tall guys gel seat heli bars and lowered pegs are a given! If you look for zx14r look for the se model you will thank me. Wish gen 3 made a se would've got it in a heartbeat...

You can't go wrong with newer zx14r or gen 3 busa wait 1 more month and test drive both before dropping hard earned coin... for us big and tall guys gel seat heli bars and lowered pegs are a given! If you look for zx14r look for the se model you will thank me. Wish gen 3 made a se would've got it in a heartbeat...
What years did the SE models come in doesn’t really tell me ?

16 and up... you get brembo brakes steel braided lines clutch too and thicker rotors black lcd display which makes a big difference and all black accents even the brake reservoirs are all black looks clean and rides great and holds value well a must in my opinion.

Back