Good News For Kawasaki

Tinman's Busa

Registered
I am guessing that the Gen 3 Busa was great news for Kawasaki. All the high ranking members of Kawasaki were probably just jumping for joy when they found out how the Suzuki engineers who developed the engine had dropped the ball and that the Gen 3 Busa is saving them a lot of money in the designing team

I am guessing that the Gen 3 Busa was great news for Kawasaki. All the high ranking members of Kawasaki were probably just jumping for joy when they found out how the Suzuki engineers who developed the engine had dropped the ball and that the Gen 3 Busa is saving them a lot of money in the designing team
I don't think Kawasaki was stressed either way...their focus is on the H2 platform which they are steadily developing.

I don't think for an instance there isn't any inter company espionage, Suzuki has been probably developing the gen 3 Hayabusa for some time now.

I owned and ridden few zx-10's (and a zx-7) fast and great bikes but the build quality compared to a suzuki are sub-par my one zx-10 vibrated and rattled like crazy and it only had 8,000 km when I bought it. Only bikes I've owned that were better quality than suzuki were my R1's. Just for sheer build quality and my personal experience I would not own another kawasaki.

Kawasaki has been a world leader in motorcycling for many, many years and it's basically always been a close race between Suzuki and Kawasaki there for a while...Honda threw it's hat in the ring there for a bit with the Super Blackbird...

All the Kawasakis I've seen seem to be well made and thought out as much as any Suzuki I've seen.

I’ll be honest, I bought a new 2012 Kawasaki zx14r when they redid them and had a few other Kawasaki, z1000, zx10r, but guess what, I didn’t be a little baby and troll the Zuki boards, grow up, get a girl, get some friends, go ride

ps I hate trolls. Jesus. Just get home from a day with the boys and this guy, get a life

200.gif

Kawasaki heavy industries are one of the highest tech companies in the world. Motorcycles are at best a hobby for them. To be honest, I sort of admire that they even bother, and building a bike like the H2R is really a gift to us riders. Further, I don't think they are in competition with Suzuki anymore as the H2s sort of ended that war.

I don't think they will even update the 14 to Euro 5, as it's not where their head is at. It's interesting I read an article where Kawasaki HI has this super CNC machine that can cut 20' diameter ship props from a single billet of metal. Apparently, they are the only ones who can do it, at least at the time of the article. So it kind of makes sense they would go with forced induction as they are the number 1 export on impellers.

Then again, they might need the 14 engine updated for the concourse (do they still sell those?). Anyway, it's a shame if those 2 bikes are gone and as far as sales I'm guessing they outsell the H2 lineup.

Kawasaki heavy industries are one of the highest tech companies in the world. Motorcycles are at best a hobby for them. To be honest, I sort of admire that they even bother, and building a bike like the H2R is really a gift to us riders. Further, I don't think they are in competition with Suzuki anymore as the H2s sort of ended that war.

I don't think they will even update the 14 to Euro 5, as it's not where their head is at. It's interesting I read an article where Kawasaki HI has this super CNC machine that can cut 20' diameter ship props from a single billet of metal. Apparently, they are the only ones who can do it, at least at the time of the article. So it kind of makes sense they would go with forced induction as they are the number 1 export on impellers.

Then again, they might need the 14 engine updated for the concourse (do they still sell those?). Anyway, it's a shame if those 2 bikes are gone and as far as sales I'm guessing they outsell the H2 lineup.
A little rivalry goes a long way towards better competitive development....I see that rivalry has waned quite a bit when Kawasaki stepped up their game.

When Suzuki didn't trounce the ZX14R, the Kawasaki CEO probably smiled a little....

I can picture the two CEOs hanging out together on the golf course talking bikes.

A modern Connie would be great to see on the market.

A little rivalry goes a long way towards better competitive development....I see that rivalry has waned quite a bit when Kawasaki stepped up their game.

When Suzuki didn't trounce the ZX14R, the Kawasaki CEO probably smiled a little....

I can picture the two CEOs hanging out together on the golf course talking bikes.
I think having the 2 bikes fighting it out for road dominance actually sold more of both bikes. Ali needed a Frazier.

I don't think for an instance there isn't any inter company espionage, Suzuki has been probably developing the gen 3 Hayabusa for some time now.
I have wondered if they don't voluntarily share information for marketing purposes. Would it not have been possible to make the 1441 cc ZX-14R back in 2006 and taken a significant leap ahead of the Hayabusa instead of only equalling it? Then the Gen2 Hayabusa just barely edged out the ZX-14. The 14R wasn't even a giant leap for hyperbike evolution. It almost seems like neither company wants to outdo the other by too much.

I owned and ridden few zx-10's (and a zx-7) fast and great bikes but the build quality compared to a suzuki are sub-par my one zx-10 vibrated and rattled like crazy and it only had 8,000 km when I bought it. Only bikes I've owned that were better quality than suzuki were my R1's. Just for sheer build quality and my personal experience I would not own another kawasaki.
HP aside, I have always felt the Hayabusa was a better bike.

Go post on the kawi forums trolls, nobody gives a poop troll
As far as I know, zx14ninjaforums is the only forum dedicated to the ZX-14 and it has been very quiet for years now. There are days where no new posts are made. A little trolling would liven it up.

I have wondered if they don't voluntarily share information for marketing purposes. Would it not have been possible to make the 1441 cc ZX-14R back in 2006 and taken a significant leap ahead of the Hayabusa instead of only equalling it? Then the Gen2 Hayabusa just barely edged out the ZX-14. The 14R wasn't even a giant leap for hyperbike evolution. It almost seems like neither company wants to outdo the other by too much.
Kind of like car companies...they are all pretty much inter-mingled now.

Even if they wanted to covertly check out the other's bikes all they have to do is have a paid off test rider but I don't think they needed to even go that far...

In my opinion, all the CEOs probably get together and hang out from time to time and probably talk about what they are working on.

Someone once told me WSBK and MotoGP are the secretive part of the bike companies but I believe they have to meet certain guidelines and restrictions to be equal....the riders are what makes the difference.

Kawasaki Heavy Industries Motorcycle and Engine is a division of Kawasaki heavy industries. The USA has its own division being Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA with the CEO Mr. Eigo Konya. We would probably find the motor division runs almost as an independent company, with only a couple of board meetings annually to look at numbers.

Unlike Suzuki, the American influence is pretty big, with some manufacturing of motorcycle and atv products here. Over the years over 36 motorcycle models were made here, including the ZX11

With a company as technologically as advanced as Kawasaki and to do motorcycles as a hobby you'd think they'd show everybody what they have by building a Moto GP bike. I know they kill it in WSB which is a testament to Rea as much as Kawasaki. The same can be said for BMW in my opinion. You got Aprilia and KTM involved in Moto GP with success. Kawasaki Heavy Industries probably spends more on toilet paper per year then their yearly combined racing budgets. I'm not a hater on the Big K I owned and crashed several through the years but come on Moto GP is the SHOW.

With a company as technologically as advanced as Kawasaki and to do motorcycles as a hobby you'd think they'd show everybody what they have by building a Moto GP bike. I know they kill it in WSB which is a testament to Rea as much as Kawasaki. The same can be said for BMW in my opinion. You got Aprilia and KTM involved in Moto GP with success. Kawasaki Heavy Industries probably spends more on toilet paper per year then their yearly combined racing budgets. I'm not a hater on the Big K I owned and crashed several through the years but come on Moto GP is the SHOW.
They would rather sell 10k dirtbikes...

The rules in MotoGP make the technology not particularly transferrable to street bikes. It focuses on the development of a few older technologies in the name of keeping competing affordable. BMW specifically said they don't compete in GP because it's no longer a testbed for technology that can improve the bikes they sell to the public. Kawasaki does WSBK and that stuff informs the road bikes. BMW does not race a team but in club racing, they are the bike of choice. Also, the all-carbon-fiber S1000RR BMW made was said to be otherworldly even relative to GP bikes. But they can't use that technology as GP rules don't allow Carbon fiber bikes! And Kawasaki would be in GP if they could test advanced supercharged engines there.

This is different from F1, where crazy innovation is the order of the day. If GP was focused less on a good show and more on no holes barred technical wizardry it would be more attractive to Kawasaki and BMW.

I'm on the fence here. Limiting the tech means a company like Suzuki can be champ, but it would be interesting to see what a weaponized H2R could do.

Back