Good News For Kawasaki

....And we shouldn't sell the ZX14R short, until the last new one is sold, it is still the reigning king of hyper bikes.

I think Kawasaki just wants to focus on it's H2 platform.
I wouldn’t call it the King, production LSR records and pretty much every speed record known is held by a Hayabusa, not a 14.

The only thing Kawi dominates is Top Fuel and those aren’t production or “street” bikes of any sort.

There has been no other bike like the Hayabusa, before and after it. Even the H2 doesn’t come close. I don’t see anyone taking that crown for a long time, if ever..

Busa is better looking, especially that one. I wish the tail was also the orange. Wheels style is better on the 14.
The Gen2 ZX-14 wheels are alright but I'd still go with aftermarket rims for looks and weight loss. If you ask me, the stock rims on the busa are the best looking wheels for that bike even though they weigh a ton. I know the three spoke design is old but it looks great.

The 14 is so much smoother. Certainly the bike I would rather be on for >2 hour rides. The Busa is like a muscle car, a little rough and abrupt but that is a cool part of the character and gets the adrenaline going. Heck, HD makes their bikes vibrate on purpose so they understand character.
It's weird how our opinions differ. I've always felt the Hayabusa felt and sounded more refined. The busa is a smoother and more precise feeling bike. They're both great though. If I had experience with a lot of other bikes, I might not notice much difference.

The 14 is so much smoother. Certainly the bike I would rather be on for >2 hour rides. The Busa is like a muscle car, a little rough and abrupt but that is a cool part of the character and gets the adrenaline going. Heck, HD makes their bikes vibrate on purpose so they understand character.

You must’ve ridden an out of tune Busa if you thought it was ’rough and abrupt’.

You must’ve ridden an out of tune Busa if you thought it was ’rough and abrupt’.
Compared to a 14, yeah, it is. Just shifting the transmission is smoother on the Kawi. Much less vibes riding through the feet and hands. Smoother brakes. Doesn't have the transmission noise of the Busa. A marked difference. One day I was riding with a buddy on a 14, we stopped on the highway and switched rides. The difference was very clear. The whole experience is smoother on the 14. I don't rail in the corners so that is excluded from my comments.

I wouldn’t call it the King, production LSR records and pretty much every speed record known is held by a Hayabusa, not a 14.

The only thing Kawi dominates is Top Fuel and those aren’t production or “street” bikes of any sort.

There has been no other bike like the Hayabusa, before and after it. Even the H2 doesn’t come close. I don’t see anyone taking that crown for a long time, if ever..

Honestly I don't really know as all I can do is go by what I read and watch on videos where they test the Hayabusa and ZX14R.

Both bikes have their strong points but everything I read and watch say the ZX14R is faster.

I also read and watch the H2 is faster than both....??

I'm a fan of the Hayabusa so it gives me no pleasure to think it isn't the king but what can I say?

Compared to a 14, yeah, it is. Just shifting the transmission is smoother on the Kawi. Much less vibes riding through the feet and hands. Smoother brakes. Doesn't have the transmission noise of the Busa. A marked difference. One day I was riding with a buddy on a 14, we stopped on the highway and switched rides. The difference was very clear. The whole experience is smoother on the 14. I don't rail in the corners so that is excluded from my comments.

Oh shiite, now it’s also got transmission noise and vibrates thru the pegs and bars....Are you sure you weren’t on a Harley?

Like I said, I never rode any other sport bikes before but neither one seems vibey to me. The 14 has a double counter balancer or something...i'm taking that out at first opportunity. The busa doesn't have that...I can't really feel any difference. If I want real comfort, I'll drive my truck.

That boy races look at those tires...get er done !
I've used Pirelli Diablo Sportbike Pros and Metzler Racetech Comp Ks, both slicks front and rear on the street. Never had a problem and I prefer them to street tires. Of course, I'm a little careful about cold tires and dust. I only ride in summer and always check the forecast before going out. I look for slicks specced for cold track and no tire warmers. Slicks are a little less expensive than comparable DOT tires by the same manufacturer too.

I've used Pirelli Diablo Sportbike Pros and Metzler Racetech Comp Ks, both slicks front and rear on the street. Never had a problem and I prefer them to street tires. Of course, I'm a little careful about cold tires and dust. I only ride in summer and always check the forecast before going out. I look for slicks specced for cold track and no tire warmers. Slicks are a little less expensive than comparable DOT tires by the same manufacturer too.
Right on mane bikes look awsome well done sir...

I know my bike vibrates through the pegs and bars...sometimes enough to make my hands fall asleep.

This bike vibrates worse than my old Bandit and that's saying something.

Sorry to hear that. Never rode a Gen2 but mine runs and feels like a well balanced sewing machine, a very fast sewing machine. No vibes anywhere, not in the seat, the pegs, even with Buell pegs, not in the grips and not in the mirrors which are crystal clear at any speed. Maybe Amsoil is even better than I thought.

Not quite. The 1st year ZX was heavier and slower than my stock160whp 06, but not by much. I wouldn’t say mine “spanked” the ZX but it was quicker.
My 2006 ZX14 stock was quicker than my 2004 geared/piped/pc etc busa. Not tremendously but noticeably. 14 more hp and the same weight will do that ;) You're the first person I've ever heard say that stock for stock the first gen busa was faster than the first gen 14. Did you own and ride both? Or just race one once (with a ton of potential variables involved?) to come to that conclusion? Because I did own and ride both for years.... and stock for stock the 14 would crush the busa in the acceleration department. But that's pretty much common knowledge, and is the reason the gen 2 busa was released :D

I still liked my busa better overall, but I've never been one to brand bash, I like anything with 2 wheels, and I call it like I experience it :thumbsup:

You never seen my 14 then! I'll admit I made a couple misguided aesthetic choices early on but the orange engine covers are definitely on purpose! :laugh:
View attachment 1633710

View attachment 1633711

I still can't deny the busa is much more of a natural beauty.
View attachment 1633712
Rook I remember when you first bought your 14, and was starting down the mod road.... you've turned that bike into a work of art :bowdown: (by the way you also have the best color scheme gen 2 busa). I also remember trying to talk you out of getting the busa, because I already had the experience of owning both, and thought you might appreciate the difference a liter bike would give you. But I have to say, for me, and it seems for most of us, nothing compares to the feeling of riding a torque monster, freight train stable, land rocket that also handles.

I love having my arms stretched in any gear vs tap dancing on the shifter :super:

That reminds me, I wanted to ask you if you ever pulled your secondary flies on the 14. I know the 08 had quicker opening secondaries, but pulling the flies in my 06 with Ivans map and tre was un-frigging-believable. It really was ridiculous how much low end kawasaki was hiding... I see why they did it though, you needed to use judicious throttle control to stay out of trouble... definitely could have caused some legal issues for kawasaki and newbies jumping on the 14, especially back then when the superbikes were still being eyeballed as a possible "menace to society" lol.

I remember saying the same thing on the ninja forums when asked about the difference between the two. The 14 was more like a BMW super car (minus the handling lol) compared to the busa, which felt more like a late 60's muscle car (with modern handling lol). Except for the riding position for all day rides, I had more fun on the busa. But I always took the 14 for the long rides. It was actually really nice having both :D

Honestly I don't really know as all I can do is go by what I read and watch on videos where they test the Hayabusa and ZX14R.

Both bikes have their strong points but everything I read and watch say the ZX14R is faster.

I also read and watch the H2 is faster than both....??

I'm a fan of the Hayabusa so it gives me no pleasure to think it isn't the king but what can I say?
You have to say it like it is ;) I've never been a fanboy, never felt the need to bash other people's rides just because it's not what I ride. I love all bikes and have owned many bikes from all brands, (often at the same time) and enjoyed riding them all :beerchug:

I recently trimmed down my bike collection because of a back injury, but I still have a Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda...all great bikes for what they do and enjoy them all. I'm also a member of Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Firebird, and Mustang forums because I own all of those except a Yamaha currently. I know those are all supposed to be enemies, but not for me... I appreciate everything about all of them, enjoy all of them, and admit their strengths and weaknesses.

But I OWN them all because I ENJOY them all...no hate here :beerchug:

Sorry to hear that. Never rode a Gen2 but mine runs and feels like a well balanced sewing machine, a very fast sewing machine. No vibes anywhere, not in the seat, the pegs, even with Buell pegs, not in the grips and not in the mirrors which are crystal clear at any speed. Maybe Amsoil is even better than I thought.
It might be just mine as I've never ridden another one.

And I run Amsol in mine as well except for a time when I explored Royal Purple for 2 oil changes).

Last edited:
If it doesn’t vibe at 4400 rpm you have the only one!

Back