Whats faster Gen 1, Gen II or ZX14

Husky

Registered
Hey guys, I have been out of the bike scene for a while and want to get back in to racing. Just wondering which of the bikes (stock) is faster in the 1/4 mile. I would assume the Gen II is faster than the Gen 1 since it has more HP and not sure how they compare to the ZX14. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I realize that all this of course depends on the rider, track conditions etc. but I am just trying to get a general idea which of these three stock bikes turns the best 1/4 times

The quickest may be the Gen2 bones stock. If you ask this same question on a zx14 board you'll probably get the answer that the zx-14 is the quickest. They're both very close on any given day.

Thanks, do you happen to know what kind of times the stock Zx14 and Gen II turn vs. the Gen I

I don't mean to sound rude but your asking a question like "which doughnut tastes the best".

If a magazine wants one bike to be quicker over another it's easy enough for them to accomplish this. The Gen2 has more power and close to the same weight as a Gen1 so it will be quicker so you can drop the Gen1 out of your choices. Of course all this flys out the window once you add a rider. Some guys are just more comfortable and can perform better on one over the other. If this is all just hypothetical then just figure out the weight to power ratio for whatever bikes you want and you'll have your winner. Granted, even the weights can be skeewed.

Thanks, do you happen to know what kind of times the stock Zx14 and Gen II turn vs. the Gen I

To further throw a monkey wrench into the analysis, earlier ZX14s were hampered by secondary throttle plate algorithms that hurt 1st and 2nd gear performance, so they were noticable slower than newer ZX14s and GenII Busas. Many folks just ripped the STPs out. I think Kawasaki changed/ fixed that in 2007?

Nobody but magazines drag race these things 100.00% stock anyway, so its an academic question.

Thats also highly dependent on rider, track, and weather, but I ran consistent 9.5 - 9.6 @ 150 with 30 miles on the odemeter of a new GenII at stock hight and length. The only other 100% stock bike I have ridden recently was a ZX12 @ 10.0 @ 145.

Thats also highly dependent on rider, track, and weather, but I ran consistent 9.5 - 9.6 @ 150 with 30 miles on the odemeter of a new GenII at stock hight and length. The only other 100% stock bike I have ridden recently was a ZX12 @ 10.0 @ 145.

Thanks, was that run made at sea level, just wondering as I live in Colorado and know that the altitude here will kill some of the performance and 1/4 mile time.

Back