Are you still riding?

this is the begining of my endless riding season...as down here in south florida it's ride time year 'round...but....the summers are hot...unpleasantly so for riding (but i still do)...for about three months...june, july & august...but the other 9 months starting from september thru may?...of those 9 months?...the lowest lows hit maybe 45 or so (nights and early mornings) and the highest highs run maybe mid 80's at the warmest...on average..for those 9 months.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

It's cold, snowy, and just plain dangerous up here now.

Haven't quit yet, but these next 2 nights could shut me down.

Oh, well another winter of riding slow 4 wheelers and fast Sleds.

its cold in the am mid 30s nice mid afternoons low 50s still ridin to and from work , and kickin myself all day long for missing the best riding weather of the day , mid days i have to work !

I live in knoxville, TN and I ride all year long if it is 25 or above. I rode to school one morning at 19 and could not feel my fingers for an hour.

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday

Low: 58 °F
High: 82 °F
Low: 55 °F
High: 78 °F

wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

I spent most of today on the Busa. Temp was near 90 here in the Phoenix, Az area. Beautiful desert weather. Now through May will be nice almost every day. I ride when its 120, but sure a lot nicer now. I feel everyone in the cold weather and snow. I moved to Arizona to get away from it.

(rlachermeier @ Oct. 28 2006,21:02)
(runeight @ Oct. 28 2006,20:37) Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday

High: 78 °F

wink.gif

wink.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
not really..I park it from June to September. Out here is just opposite of you.

Thinking of which..I gotta take a quick spin before the race today.

runeight...

wink.gif

southern ridn pusses...I was out yesterday @1__mph, in 43deg. F-winds over 15mph on freeways, and I still went out to play for a while.
I'll keep riding all winter too-did it last year, dont see why I shouldn't do it again. I've ridden to Blockbuster about 10-12mi. round-trip in 28 deg. before (that's my low) but I try to save my trips for 35deg. F n up...underarmor n longjohns can only do so much, and I have yet to find thermal pants that are long enuf n dont look completely dorky that I'd wear.

when we get our first good snowfall here, I'll show you southern sissy-types how to warm your tires when it gets below freezing!
wink.gif

I think I set a new personal best today. It said 25 degrees when I got to work and checked but man it was looking like a friggin winter wonderland on the way to work today. The one town I ride through was noticably colder than everywhere else so I am doubting the numbers. Everyone thought I was nuts, but it wasn't that bad really. Roads were completely dry and it was a beautiful day!

First frost of the year this morning.  It was 25 degrees when I left for work this morning .  I ride year round, but I'm not ready to risk the busa's plastic on some black ice.    So I drove the zx9.    Gotta love those kawasakis, even at 25 degree she still ran hot  
firedevil.gif

(BigDiesel @ Oct. 29 2006,06:27) southern ridn pusses...I was out yesterday @1__mph, in 43deg. F-winds over 15mph on freeways, and I still went out to play for a while.
I'll keep riding all winter too-did it last year, dont see why I shouldn't do it again. I've ridden to Blockbuster about 10-12mi. round-trip in 28 deg. before (that's my low) but I try to save my trips for 35deg. F n up...underarmor n longjohns can only do so much, and I have yet to find thermal pants that are long enuf n dont look completely dorky that I'd wear.

when we get our first good snowfall here, I'll show you southern sissy-types how to warm your tires when it gets below freezing!
wink.gif
Got your Southern sissy hangin'
smileyexhibit.gif

Back