Are you still riding?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Are you still able to ride or is the temperature too cold?

What is the temp where you are?

Oklahoma City Oklahoma 40 f

ernaehrung021.gif
ernaehrung021.gif
ernaehrung021.gif

ernaehrung021.gif

ernaehrung021.gif

I've been riding year round, almost every day even sometimes when it got down to 20°F (I'm wacked out, I know
biggrin.gif
). It's been terrible today, though. It only got up to 68°F today. I couldn't even wear my sweaters under my jacket.... Yoink!

lachen011.gif

man that is just wrong for posting a 68 degree temp to a guy that is suffereing through the 20 and 30's

Hey, Cold air means more horsepower! Plus cold pavement means less traction, which means effortless rolling burnouts and powerslides! Wooo!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I've done too many of those.

:hammerhead:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Not bad here.

Bout 70-75 when it's raining/overcast, and 80-85 when the sun is shining. Riding all year round!!! YEAH!

When it comes to reading that some of you people are still riding I must admit to being a wee bit jealous. Up here in the Great White North (Canada) riding all year long is out of the question. Even if I could withstand the icy windblast the snow on the roads would make any trip a short one ( like to the end of the driveway and then a crash). On the otherhand I tend to enjoy the riding season more (April to the end of October) due to the winter. This winter so far has been very good temperature wise ( -10 deg C at night) compared to last winter which was a nasty cold one. Temp right now is a balmy -6 deg C. Feb should prove to be alot colder.
Take Care you winter riders.
ernaehrung021.gif

baaa.gif
O K people quit bragging, We're expecting to get a foot of snow here in the ill state (Illinois) so riding is out of the question.

In the 80's here in south Florida....just wish the old people would go home already!!!
aktion043.gif

Notice there isn't any snow on the ground.
biggrin.gif

Busa_2.JPG

Well, it was almost 80 yesterday and I was riding. Today it dipped to the 40's and has been raining... and, yep, I've been riding. It's nice, with my Suzuki textile jacket, I don't even get wet and the rain doesn't even hit my jeans. Accelerating wet traction sucks, though, but at least it brakes decently.

I know I'm insane.

ernaehrung021.gif

It was 71 here in OKC Monday and 28 degrees right now.. That sucks

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

confused.gif

angry.gif
Ft. Worth texas is cold as #### at the moment and rainning, but on a lighter note, when the rain stoppes, it will get back up to around high to mid 60`s. When the rain stops Ill start ridding again, and life will be good!!!

Things are looking better, I just watched the weather and it looks like it's going to warm up to 31 degrees tommorrow... Man I wish I were in Florida right now

ernaehrung021.gif
ernaehrung021.gif
ernaehrung021.gif

ernaehrung021.gif

ernaehrung021.gif

Hey Capt. Where are you located..Cuz today it's in the 20's..It rained all day yesterday and then it froze overnight, I haer on the TV that its gonna be in the top 5 for the WORST ice storms we've ever had..They even named it "Winter Storm 2002" (Newcastle, Oklahoma, just south and on the west side of OKC). All that said, I still would not be able to ride my bike since it needs 2 new sprockets, a chain, a clutch and a new back tire..I can't even keep a tire on my katana, I can only imagine how bad it would be on a Busa..Bet them tires cost slot more than the $90-$120 bucks for a rear tire that I spen now.. Capt. what size tire did you stick on the back of your bike the last time you changed it out?
angry.gif

cyclecop, you need help !!! You have been to my house at least a hundred times. I think that the weather will be the same at my house as it is at yours.. I tell ya what James next time you come over I will let you sit on the Busa is that close enought to owning one for ya?????

lachen011.gif

Was about 50 on my way ionto work this morning, should be around 68 when I head home...

Layers, my friends - layers!

Back