What temperature is "tolerable riding conditions"

What temperature is "tolerable riding conditions" - (with no wind chill factors at stop)

• 10-20 degrees F

Votes: 155 100.0%

• Total voters
"No ceiling, no basement"............I've ridden well in to the neg's with the one-piece, and haven't found it lacking.......I don't NOT ride for any reason...
super.gif

When i first started riding i was diehard. Rode almost year round as long as it was above 35deg.  I rode a few times in colder temps but i got really sick doing so.  I've become more sissyfied as the years go by. Now if it's below 55 i don't throw a leg over.

If i do for some reason now, i usually come to stoplight thinking "Why the hell am i doing this?"

Even though i'm still just a dirtrider, i'll give my .02

I ride pretty much all year round, being in KS, it gets really cold still. My only thoughts, are that i don't like it when the ground gets trecherous for the cagers. (I ride on the dirt roads) So when it gets dangerous for the cagers, it gets dangerous for me.

Other than that, i'll ride well below freezing.
thumb_up.gif

When i first got my busa i had to ride it 90 miles home in 53 degree weather with a sweatshirt and a helmet on. It was day time when i left and i thought that id be back before nightfall. I didnt leave dehnam springs till nightfall. I dont ride in the cold anymore.

My legs and hands where so numb after the hour and a half ride i couldnt tell if i was holding the handlebars anymore. I keep it at 60+ in the day 70+ in the night.

Dont know bout you guys, but its been 100-113 here for the last few months, so anything less than that is good weather for me
firedevil.gif

When I lived in Colorado Springs 6000ft + altitude, the lower humidity did a great job in moderating the temps (never felt quite so hot or cold).

I'm fairly warm blooded, Ill ride the bike to work (35minutes)it it's above 35. Hopefully at above 35, I wont have many frozen spots.

My tolerance for heat is less, can get to 100 here, We'll see how I do this summer with the heat on the Busa.

All else being equal in terms of environmental and road conditions, I will ride with temps in the 30s.

general rule....seems to make sense.......don't ride in temp lower than your age.........

When it's cold out, I get on the H-D Dresser. With the lowers on the crash bars, I have a built in heater. Been all day in the 30's with no hassles. Of course in Florida those days are few and far between. Basically, If I wanna ride I'll find a way.

Back