Are you still riding?

Still riding...looks like it should be about 21F in the morning, and an afternoon high of about 38 F. Will try to make it through all of November if the snow holds out.

lurk.gif

rode yesterday...it was great 60 at 5 am but was raining and in 50's on way home...its 42 right now at 527am on wend ...but with the rain..ill wont be rideing in today

keeps running between 75 and 45 here the lower temp at night of course. i been trying to ride every chance i get.

Rode on Sunday to the packer game in Green Bay. When I left at 7:00 AM the temp was 28. On the way back it was 42. Enjoyed the packer game and the ride home. The ride in the morning was pretty cold but worth it.  On the way there   and on the way back  

36_1_26.gif

7_6_2.gif

(nerfboy @ Oct. 30 2006,16:01) hey bigoltool, you live just up the road, I live in south everett.

beerchug.gif
Right on! I don't get down to Everett to often these days.

I wanted to ride today but the road by my house was a skating rink when I left for work. I cant deal with the ice man! No way I am Hazarding my bodywork for that.

This must be a goody but very oldy! Dug up from 2002. Anyway not sweaty hot with snowbirds everywhere like down south!! Hi 70's low 80's just rite. and no snow in the forcast for the next 10 yrs.  
beerchug.gif

super.gif

(Valium @ Oct. 31 2006,21:07) Still riding...looks like it should be about 21F in the morning, and an afternoon high of about 38 F. Will try to make it through all of November if the snow holds out.

lurk.gif
Hey Valium,

How was yesterday? See you had a RealFeel of 9F.

(rlachermeier @ Nov. 02 2006,07:45)
(Valium @ Oct. 31 2006,21:07) Still riding...looks like it should be about 21F in the morning, and an afternoon high of about 38 F. Will try to make it through all of November if the snow holds out.

lurk.gif
Hey Valium,

rlachermeier

Well it could be worse...lol
tounge.gif

The winds have been gusting pretty good, but still no need to break out the snowmobile gear as of yet. Looks like were in for a cold spell for the next few days, but should warm up a little by mid next week.

Bike is running perfect (Knock on wood), but the tires (Michelin PP's) take awhile to warm up, and have been running into some slick spots under bridges and at intersections...almost black ice....Im guessing from auto exhaust. I've also seen some ice in the corners which really is not fun to see when your in a leant at 65 mph if ya know what I mean.

My sense of observation has been amped up a few notches from summer riding, not only for the ice and cold tires, but the cagers just don't seem to expect a motorcycle in these cold conditions...so traffic has been a bit of a big "Achtung" factor!

NExt Wednesday is my next day off, not sure how the weather will be but if your up for meeting up near the border for a cup of coffee or something drop me a pm for my cell number.

How's the weather there in WI? And how much have you been riding daily? I just got me an Alpinestars All climate jacket and its been almost too warm at this point...but once the temps dip below 10F, Im sure I wont be complaining.

Keep on riding in the cold bro...the HP is crazy fun...lol
beerchug.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Nov. 02 2006,05:35) This must be a goody but very oldy! Dug up from 2002. Anyway not sweaty hot with snowbirds everywhere like down south!! Hi 70's low 80's just rite. and no snow in the forcast for the next 10 yrs.
beerchug.gif
super.gif
10 yrs
rock.gif
? That's a safe bet....
The Ice Age comes after the Global Warming

(Valium @ Nov. 02 2006,06:10)
(rlachermeier @ Nov. 02 2006,07:45)

lurk.gif
Hey Valium,

rlachermeier

Well it could be worse...lol
tounge.gif

The winds have been gusting pretty good, but still no need to break out the snowmobile gear as of yet. Looks like were in for a cold spell for the next few days, but should warm up a little by mid next week.

Bike is running perfect (Knock on wood), but the tires (Michelin PP's) take awhile to warm up, and have been running into some slick spots under bridges and at intersections...almost black ice....Im guessing from auto exhaust. I've also seen some ice in the corners which really is not fun to see when your in a leant at 65 mph if ya know what I mean.

My sense of observation has been amped up a few notches from summer riding, not only for the ice and cold tires, but the cagers just don't seem to expect a motorcycle in these cold conditions...so traffic has been a bit of a big "Achtung" factor!

NExt Wednesday is my next day off, not sure how the weather will be but if your up for meeting up near the border for a cup of coffee or something drop me a pm for my cell number.

How's the weather there in WI? And how much have you been riding daily? I just got me an Alpinestars All climate jacket and its been almost too warm at this point...but once the temps dip below 10F, Im sure I wont be complaining.

Keep on riding in the cold bro...the HP is crazy fun...lol
beerchug.gif
Love to meet up for a ride bro but as you can see it would be a haul. I'm so close to the WI/IL border that I'm only an "honorary cheesehead". All the relatives are still back in MN though.

The ride today was the coldest with a RealFeel of 15F. The only air leaks were at the helmet. I might have to leave the modular at home on the cold days and wear one of the solid ones. The only riding I have been doing lately is to work (12mi/15min). I do it for the love of the ride but the bike also gets better gas mileage than my car so that's another incentive.

Keep riding safe and watch out for that black ice.
MyPicture42.gif

Back