What did you do to get your Hayabusa ?

March 09, wife and I went to the Suzuki dealer so I could look at the gen2's again.
I could buy the bike, but didn't want to pay the insurance, so we left.
In the previous 2 years I had sold my 750 Ninja, and later, my beloved 02 gsxr1k...she knew it hurt me.
Fast forward 2 months to May, my birthday, I had taken a few days off.
She woke me up with a box. In it was a model Hayabusa(that I'll post a picture of if it'll ever work), and my favorite chocolates.
I laughed, and sarcastically said thanks for the bike.
She said, dig down to the bottom.
At the bottom was the key to the new leftover 08 grey/black gen2 Busa we had looked at.
She said to get up and come outside, the bike was there as the dealership had delivered it before I woke up.
She said she would pay the insurance...but I was getting the bike payment, lol...not a problem, I can live with that.
She gave me my life back.
Since then, the Busa and my B-King have come and gone, and I'm still looking for the next one...but I do still have the wife.
That is wife goals right there. You are a lucky man!

Saved and saved and saved cash. No payment. I feel you Yellow09!

9E01507B-4783-4A9D-8402-B3E418B53B45.jpeg

5F8F676E-4DFF-4412-B76F-BE92F0C2277A.jpeg

This is more like how I got to my Hayabusa, motorcycle-version...

1974: CB350 (unsure of year, no photo, pretty sure cameras hadn't been invented yet)

1977: A Honda...750?? (unsure of year, no photo)

1982 - 2014: No bikes, raising children, but a Suzuki 125...dirt bike?? somewhere in the garage... (2005: went to my first AA meeting)

2014: '06 Kawasaki Ninja 500r (because bikes had changed drastically since I was last on one, and I wasn't sure I would remember how to ride
20160318_115347_Burst01.jpg

2015: Added an '08 FZ6R
20160205_122855.jpg

...put her down the day after I bought her - rider input error (carelessness, rider ok)

2018: Added a '14 FZ1 (sold the 500r, sold the FZ6R)
20180327_105218.jpg

Stolen Jan 28, '19

...To Arrive at This: '14 GSX 1300R:
20190209_110152.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Thanks Yellow both trucks were bad a$$ modded to the max , after I couldn't mod them anymore and made them unbreakable I lost interest in them, but I loved my boomboxes I bought them from all over the world, Russia, China, Germany

Awesome pic Troy ,
you know, here in NZ they couldn't give those yellow Busas away, they ended up with so many unsold they were reducing the price by $3000.
At the shop I have seen and spoken to owners of yellow Busas that have swapped out the body panels for Black Chinese sets (cheaper than painting the OEM's)

One guy said " My mates gave me so much sh*t about the yellow I almost paid the extra $3K to get a black one, but then saw the chinese sets and went ahead with the deal"
For some reason Kiwis don't like yellow bikes, but I think I know why . . .
If you look at a crowd of bikers here, there are very few that wear colourful riding gear, it's almost always black or grey. We must be a dreary bunch lol.
Yellow Soozooks here have traditionally been dirt bikes as far back as I can remember, the early 70's. So in my thinking Suzuki is synonymous with yellow, yet big road bikes . . . not so much.
Weird huh? Kiwis . . culturally isolated for soooo long we are now just catching up lol :confused:
What about the yellow with black and white stripe Yamahas? They were awesome, especially the YZ's and the 750 too.

Only if you live in a Ghetto that is....

II grew up in the ghetto 7th and Kennedy N.W Washington D.C., earlier 14 St .and Columbia Rd N.W. Washington DC bad then know as the chocolate city in the mid 70s man what a time to be a teenager oh no giving my age away shhhhh

Back