What did you do to get your Hayabusa ?

Good choice Troy , will be expecting pics when she rolls up home !!

Oh, shes been home for years...shes a '13 LE. And by LE I mean the exact same bike as a '15, but they made more yellows! Haha
This was during break in...a nice 1200 mile round trip to the Dragon.
Troy
image.jpeg

Oh, shes been home for years...shes a '13 LE. And by LE I mean the exact same bike as a '15, but they made more yellows! Haha
This was during break in...a nice 1200 mile round trip to the Dragon.
TroyView attachment 1590751
Awesome pic Troy ,
you know, here in NZ they couldn't give those yellow Busas away, they ended up with so many unsold they were reducing the price by $3000.
At the shop I have seen and spoken to owners of yellow Busas that have swapped out the body panels for Black Chinese sets (cheaper than painting the OEM's)

One guy said " My mates gave me so much sh*t about the yellow I almost paid the extra $3K to get a black one, but then saw the chinese sets and went ahead with the deal"
For some reason Kiwis don't like yellow bikes, but I think I know why . . .
If you look at a crowd of bikers here, there are very few that wear colourful riding gear, it's almost always black or grey. We must be a dreary bunch lol.
Yellow Soozooks here have traditionally been dirt bikes as far back as I can remember, the early 70's. So in my thinking Suzuki is synonymous with yellow, yet big road bikes . . . not so much.
Weird huh? Kiwis . . culturally isolated for soooo long we are now just catching up lol :confused:

Well honestly I just told the wife I wasnt sure if I was gonna buy a busa, Duc1299, or double R. She just rolled her eyes. About six months of turmoil going back and forth deciding I told her its gonna be a busa. She says, of course it is. Got a smokin deal on a leftover and got zukes 0%...a no brainer there.
Oh, and she rolls her eyes alot over the last 22 years! Lol
She asked me one time recently, "Why do u need so many motorcycles, u only have 1 ass?!" I just pointed to 1 of her walk in closets. Haha
Troy
Well honestly I just told the wife I wasnt sure if I was gonna buy a busa, Duc1299, or double R. She just rolled her eyes. About six months of turmoil going back and forth deciding I told her its gonna be a busa. She says, of course it is. Got a smokin deal on a leftover and got zukes 0%...a no brainer there.
Oh, and she rolls her eyes alot over the last 22 years! Lol
She asked me one time recently, "Why do u need so many motorcycles, u only have 1 ass?!" I just pointed to 1 of her walk in closets. Haha
Troy
Yes I was doin a line with a girl 10 years back 2 months of f####n hell she stood up in a crowded pub full of drink and said it's me or the bike I replied the bike her response WHY three reasons 1 I can look at another bike my bike won't get jealous 2 I can ride another bike it won't bother my machine and 3 best of all I can trade my bike for a newer sexier model can't do that with you I said this to her the packed pub gave me a round of applause never saw her again but still have my no1 squeeze my lady my busa

I was looking to replace my GSX-R1000. Was looking used to keep the price down. I was so disappointed with pieces of overpriced beaters I just decoded to go new. I was also in the middle of divorce, but figured I would not let that stop me from what I love. The search - along with piloting my friend's Gen I down the track (I had ridden on the street and liked it, but the drag strip sold me on it) led to me buying my Gen II in 2008. It was black and orange. Dealer kept messing with me over the price. I said I didn't want to pay the silly freight and shipping. so they dropped the $800 charge and then tacked on $1000 to the base price.

I was so frustrated I gave Craigslist one last shot and found a guy selling a 2008, brand new, won in a contest about an hour and a half from my home. The ad must have had few takers as Hayabusa was spelled wrong. It was for a Suzuki Haybus or something like that.

He wanted $10,500. He was a Harley guy and had "no use for a bike that can do 200 in a quarter mile", but he was happy to get the cash for upgrades to his and his son's Harleys. I told the dealer on the phone to meet his price or I'm buying this one. They said no way, good luck and that I should remember the bike was almost a year old and that the warranty was almost expired. My sales droid knew all about this bike - so he said.

I drove down, saw the black and Blue and gold and fell in love. He took $10k for a bike that had 4 miles on it. I would have given him $13k for it, but he took the $10! I had to go to the dealer to get the rear seat hump and a few other odds and ends. The guy told me he thought a 'Haybusa' was their big scooter until he went to pick it up. LOL

Fast forward to April of '09 and I get a recall notice. I call the dealer and told them I wanted to bring the bike in for the recall, but that I never got the warranty paperwork to go with the bike. The manger told me there was a problem and asked to call me back. She calls back and apologizes profusely for having never started the warranty. She said she would get back to me that day. True to her word, she called back in an hour or so and said she fixed it and that I should be receiving my paperwork in about a week. She had just started the warranty.

My poor local dealer. Lost a sale and unlike what they told me on the phone, I wound up with a bike that had a warranty all throughout the second year of ownership. I've had this thing 10 years and I still love it. My only problem is an old neck injury from road racing as a kid that makes riding anything sporty uncomfortable after about a 45 minutes. No fun getting old.

My wife is a good girl when I mentioned I wanted a third bike at first she gave me a funny look but later was
OK with it :beerchug: I saw a LE white silver red 08 in the for sale classifies at a dealer it was about 4 hour away from where I live packed the lunch did a little sight seeing road holiday brought the busa rode home on it trying to stick to the the legal road speed limit which as you many know is very hard on this bike :thumbsup:

cwalker2 have you considered a comfort bar kit like my bird ?

I added spacers to the bar mounts. It worked well for a number of years. I investigated higher bars but have to admit 350 to 500 to get more rise seems ecessive.

Do your Convertibars clear the fairing well? My risers have put the bar as high as they can go with the stock set up without hitting the clutch or brake at full lock. Does the move to the outside of the fork stancion tube give more clearance?

I added spacers to the bar mounts .

It worked well for a number of years .

I investigated higher bars
but have to admit 350 to 500
to get more rise seems ecessive .

Do your Convertibars
Clear the fairing well ?

My risers have put the bar as high as they can go
with the stock set up without hitting
the clutch or brake at full lock .

Does the move to the outside
of the fork stancion tube
give more clearance ?

Perhaps you should trade up ~ for a comfortable twin turbo •

If your thrifty you can make a copy of ABM . Weld bar clamps to existing lower top clamp . or use the holes for a single dirt bike style bar clamp from a KLX .
You will need to trim the wind screen .

March 09, wife and I went to the Suzuki dealer so I could look at the gen2's again.
I could buy the bike, but didn't want to pay the insurance, so we left.
In the previous 2 years I had sold my 750 Ninja, and later, my beloved 02 gsxr1k...she knew it hurt me.
Fast forward 2 months to May, my birthday, I had taken a few days off.
She woke me up with a box. In it was a model Hayabusa(that I'll post a picture of if it'll ever work), and my favorite chocolates.
I laughed, and sarcastically said thanks for the bike.
She said, dig down to the bottom.
At the bottom was the key to the new leftover 08 grey/black gen2 Busa we had looked at.
She said to get up and come outside, the bike was there as the dealership had delivered it before I woke up.
She said she would pay the insurance...but I was getting the bike payment, lol...not a problem, I can live with that.
She gave me my life back.
Since then, the Busa and my B-King have come and gone, and I'm still looking for the next one...but I do still have the wife.

March 09, wife and I went to the Suzuki dealer so I could look at the gen2's again.
In the previous 2 years I had sold my 750 Ninja, and later, my beloved 02 gsxr1k...she knew it hurt me.
She woke me up with a box. In it was a model Hayabusa(that I'll post a picture of if it'll ever work), and my favorite chocolates.
At the bottom was the key to the new leftover 08 grey/black gen2 Busa we had looked at.
She said to get up and come outside, the bike was there as the dealership had delivered it before I woke up.
She said she would pay the insurance...but I was getting the bike payment, lol...not a problem, I can live with that.
Since then, the Busa and my B-King have come and gone, and I'm still looking for the next one...but I do still have the wife.
Good story, even better wife!

Well now she is a keeper for sure! The thought and reason behind that is mind blowing.

Back