Humming The Tune "Getting To Know You"

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Well folks...it appears I've managed to get off to a somewhat rocky start here and all by my own old bullheadedness and a tendency to always go about learning things annnnd folks the hard way..so along with my most profuse apologies for my brash ways (and the burning desire for posted bike heres 'round these parts) I've decided that maybe a little "Photo-Documentry" of my motorcycling history might help sooth things a bit and allow folks a better understanding of my 47 year old antiquated mindset gone "BUSA"...my apologies to 56K'ers and hang on for 25 years worth of riding, wrenching and tuning...

I started out riding dirt at 14 in the piney swamps of southeast florida on a '72 Kawi KE100 and then went street at 16 on a '74 Honda CB 360 T....after that???....I hit the USMC and had a XL250 while stationed out in El Toro, CA that I ran all over the edges of the Mojave with and arrived back home in south florida to claim stake to my first '81 Honda 750 FOUR SS..and then in '86 I sold off the old '81 as I snagged myself a sweet '86 Nighthawk S Model...and in '89 made the biggest mistake of my motorcycling life by thinking that I wanted one of these...and yes...that's my silly @$$ 31 year old self trucking down I-95 with no hands and cruise control listening to Ted Nugent in the tape deck (with what was to become) my freaking flip-flop clad mother in-law who just hadta have a ride on the back of my brand new '89 Goldwing!!! LOL!!!!

gwnohand.jpg

I wound up getting laid off two years later and sold it as I had just gotten laid-off with my wife three months pregnant with our first child...what followed was me going full Al Bundy (aka Bikeless for the first time since I was 14 years old) for the next 7-8 years...but when I came back as a re-entry rider in late '99
rock.gif
...we now had three daughters...The wife forbid it....but I decided it was better to ask forgiveness than beg permission and garaged my new Beloved '00 ZRX1100...then modded the he11 out of it!!! LOL!!!...Full Muzzy Meg & Stage 3....check it out...

rex2.jpg

Sweet eh???...and she loved the mountains...

rex1.jpg

And had a Bulletproof Clutch!!! LOL!!!

burnout.jpg

And was a joy to launch in the 1/4...(that's me on the right)

staging.jpg

Heck...I even wound up accidently engaging the man himself Ricky Gadson in a "light too light" during Bike Week '01..(That's me in the red shirt on Rickys left immediately following the folley...he was on a Mr. Turbo "Stealth Turbo'ed" Vulcan 1500 that was pumping 160RWHP/161 FTLBS..oh and...he won. LOL!!!)

rickgadson.jpg

to be continued... L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Next up was my Yamaha '01 FZ1 which I've owned and ridded for the last 4 years/26K miles...I bought this bike with 1,500 miles on it over the internet...flew from Palm Beach, FL too Newark, NJ one way, got off the plane in my Aplinestar GPS Boots with an HJC Helmet in one hand and packed saddlebags in the other and rode it 1,275 miles back home to south florida and modded he11 out of it as well with a Full Race Yoash, Modified AirBox, K&N Drop-in and Ivans Jet Kit..S2 Handlebars, ZGDB, My own ForkBrace, Euro Yami Engine Guards, TM Bar-End Criuse Control, SS Brakelines Front & Rear, Flush Mount & Integrated Directions and did my own trim job on the stock under-tail...my FZ1...

Washfz1.jpg

WashFZ2.jpg

And My FZ1 loved the mountains as well...as you can tell by my $hit eat'in grin...LOL!!!!

RALLY2.jpg

My three daughters loved it too....like little Rachels occassional ride around the block with her Daddy....

RaFZ1.jpg

Or my middle daughter "Marissa"'s first trip down the dragon to the overlook...

Frances10.jpg

Or my oldest daughter "Candices"s first trip through the Dragon to the overlook with her Father...

Frances9.jpg

I couldn't resist the fun and excitement of dragging the FZ with some of my old ZREX buds from time to time...

Stage3.jpg

and of course...I always get a thrill out of riding ALL my bikes...

FUZ1ON.jpg

Even in the many Group Rides/Meets I've arranged and organized over years past......

FZ1Ocala.jpg

And 33 years later after my first KE100
rock.gif
...it's all come down to this...

Busa1.jpg

Let the Modding and Group Rides Begin!!!
cool.gif

Cool! Great looking bikes and family!!

I've spent the better part of the day looking at Busa stuff and riding aparel and I haven't even picked the bike up yet. Let the modding begin
smile.gif

Jinks -
Nice pics.... but riddle me this:
Why is the busa the only bike you haven't taken the reflectors off of? You're burning my retinas over here.
tounge.gif

Jinks -
Why is the busa the only bike you haven't taken the reflectors off of?  You're burning my retinas over here.  
tounge.gif
EEEEEZZZ ZZZZEEEEEEEEEE...one thing at a time there bub!!! LOL!!!

But if it makes ya feel any better I did take the factory lawyer stickers off the tank and fairing inserts last week!!! LOL!!!

Dose that count as a Mod???
laugh.gif

Thanks for the compliments guys...NOW I'm starting to feel welcome!!!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Jinks -
Why is the busa the only bike you haven't taken the reflectors off of?  You're burning my retinas over here.  
tounge.gif

But if it makes ya feel any better I did take the factory lawyer stickers off the tank and fairing inserts last week!!! LOL!!!

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.  
cool.gif
Semper Fi there brother.

Jinks -
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.  
cool.gif
Semper Fi there brother.
Semper Fidelis back atcha Marine...also...I'm standing here at the moment scratching my @$$ starring at my new aluminum vortex frame sliders thatarrived 1/2 hour ago trying to figure out how I'm gonna go about accurately puching this 2" blind hole through the fairing of my new Busa...this is a sickness. LOL!!!!

Jinks -
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.  
cool.gif
Semper Fi there brother.
Semper Fidelis back atcha Marine...also...I'm standing here at the moment scratching my @$$ starring at my new aluminum vortex frame sliders thatarrived 1/2 hour ago trying to figure out how I'm gonna go about accurately puching this 2" blind hole through the fairing of my new Busa...this is a sickness. LOL!!!!
Jinks -
Do a search for frame sliders - I think it was rhythm that did a great how to on that.

Good luck!

Jinks -
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.  
cool.gif
Semper Fi there brother.
Jinks -
Do a search for frame sliders - I think it was rhythm that did a great how to on that.

Good luck!
Thanks MC Mustang...don't think I found the thread by rythem but...think I got it...playdough marks the spot...center drill inside out...masking tape up the paint...hole saw run in reverse..sand to finish...cool..sounds EZ enough....now watch me screw it up!!! LOL!!!

I had a 2k Rex with a Muzzy Meg and pods.... that pic brings back some fond memories.

Looks like several of the old ZRXOA gang have Busas now. Enjoy the new ride!

jinkster I just love that kwacker11 . brinds back memories . nice one.

Back