Real Photos of the Zx-14

Has anyone heard about the performance and weight figures on this beast?
The Cycle World guys estimated 165-170 at the rear wheel. Considering its only 53cc's bigger than a Busa thats prolly not too far off. And as for weights, its gonna come with ABS which always seems to add a fair amount of weight to a bike, and with them working like fiends to get the weight down I would imagine it'll still balance out to be a few lbs lighter than our bikes. Overall it sounds like a piped/BMC/PC modded Busa should be just as quick....maybe quicker. Either way I doubt its gonna be a huge step forward in speed. But then again with 160 hp 190+ mph bikes already underneath us....how much quicker do we need it to get? I can't use all my throttle on my bike in 1-3 at a mile up in elevation without looking at sky unless I roll into it. I can't wait till we get moved to the coast
wow.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
jump9.gif
So don't worry about the 14...enjoy what you have. These bikes are getting hard enough to handle powerwise anymore to the point of being silly.....

I like the front view but the rest of the bike just looks outdated to me. It will be great to see what this thing can really do.

I think it looks ok, but not enough to leave my busa for. I'm with you on the performance aspect. I can't use everything the busa has!

Umm, I like the tires...pretty hard to mess those up....wait, Kawi didn't make the tires...that explains alot
tounge.gif

I still contend that it's nothing more than a basic 12R glorified with a factory applied big bore kit.

Looks like a sport tourer to me
It is a sport tourer....thats why it doesn't have the "R" in its name.....its the ZX-14.....not the 14R. On Kawi's site they basically describe it as a Busa in Kawi clothing. They took all the aspects of the Busa that was kicking the 12R's butt and incorporated them into the 14. The 12R's peaky powerband? All gone. I'm quoting Kawi here "the 14's engine has a seamless spread of power, with no powerband per se". Sound familiar? And they extoll the sport touring abilities...just like the Busa's...instead of the sporting abilities they hyped on the 12R. But I think thats a good thing...if you want a Kawi sportbike buy the 10R, if you want a sporting Suzuki buy the 1000. Our bikes are real world road rockets...not race bikes for the street. If I wanted one of those I woulda bought one.
wink.gif

I just do not like the 'RF900 gills re-visited'!

The Cycle World guys estimated 165-170 at the rear wheel. Considering its only 53cc's bigger than a Busa thats prolly not too far off. And as for weights, its gonna come with ABS which always seems to add a fair amount of weight to a bike, and with them working like fiends to get the weight down I would imagine it'll still balance out to be a few lbs lighter than our bikes. Overall it sounds like a piped/BMC/PC modded Busa should be just as quick....maybe quicker. Either way I doubt its gonna be a huge step forward in speed. But then again with 160 hp 190+ mph bikes already underneath us....how much quicker do we need it to get? I can't use all my throttle on my bike in 1-3 at a mile up in elevation without looking at sky unless I roll into it. I can't wait till we get moved to the coast
wow.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

jump9.gif
So don't worry about the 14...enjoy what you have. These bikes are getting hard enough to handle powerwise anymore to the point of being silly.....
YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH

wow.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

jump9.gif
YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH
Spoken like a true speed freak
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The only thing I like about the bike is it will stimulate a rebirth of the busa. Funny how 12r guys always referred to the busa as the hayabugly. Well kawi guys welcome to the Adams family LOL. I'm looking forward to running to one's so I can see how they run.

Yeah y'all, Keep in mind that Kawa designed the new ZX-14 as a successor to the ZZR-11 and not the ZX-12R, check the family ties..

zx11_webready.jpg

Back