Are we still the fastest?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I decided to checkout the ZX-12R forum just for kicks and ran across a post claiming zx-12r.org Offline. Stock  vs. stock, the only thing the 'Busa can beat the 12 in is 1/4 mile and that's by 1/2 wheel. After that the 12 pulls away.

Is this true? Do we all own, dare I say it, the 2nd best bike <cringe>.

I'm not asking for opinions. This is a Hayabusa board so that would be pretty silly. I'm asking in terms of magazine articles and their shootouts.

I edited this post to clarify my question. I apologize for the misleading topic.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117603839 -->

Is this true? Do we all own, dare I say it, the 2nd best bike . [/QUOTE]

I dont think so...

do we guys
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Quit trolling Spigga, the majority of those posts say the same things most of us say, rider ability and owner preference decide which of the two you buy, there is NO decisive winner between them.

Quit trolling Spigga, the majority of those posts say the same things most of us say, rider ability and owner preference decide which of the two you buy, there is NO decisive winner between them.
I meant in terms of the shootout results. Is it true that the 12 has beaten the 'Busa since '02. Not trolling, just asking.

From what i've read its a very even match and is often down to the riders abilities . The 12 makes more hp but the busa has more torque .

I meant in terms of the shootout results. Is it true that the 12 has beaten the 'Busa since '02. Not trolling, just asking.
12 makes more peak hp, Busa makes more torque. Both are limited to 186mph from 01 up, so it's a moot point. This discussion is so tired......
As far as the 1/4 and any other race listen closely..IT'S RIDER ABILITY!!!!!

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117596605 -->

Well, this time last year they did a shootout of the 12 and the Busa. The Busa won.
They had a professional drag racer put them both through their paces. The guy's name was Dennis something...... short African-American guy.

Listen, if you go to the R-1, CBR, and ZX-10 forums they say the same ####.....
You can not deny facts though.

You put a good rider on an 750 and he can walk you in the quarter if you can not ride as well......

Ah most people on a 12 have an IQ of 12 anyhow, they fit in well, one of the narrow minded head up ass 12 iq point riders. BTW, pefect squid bike, glad they made the right decision---and glad their not on a BUSA. With only 12 IQ points they need something that doesn't  strain their brains too much. Any chimp can ride a 12. Oh well an over priced toy for the kids. Kids will be kids on those boards why even bother with it.they got their kids bikes maybe someday they will grow up into manhood and buy a real Bike.

Basically People putting down the Busa is a thing in man terms of ENVY, A wish we could have it or handle it, But in this case it is of Engine ENVY and Performance ENVY. Being the Best the rest feel neglected. As well as some are capable of hadling the best(BUSA) the rest are 2nd rate and never will be able to handle or afford the best.

super.gif
LONG LiVE the King.... KING BUSA
super.gif

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117598464 -->

super.gif

12 makes more peak hp, Busa makes more torque. Both are limited to 186mph from 01 up, so it's a moot point. This discussion is so tired......
As far as the 1/4 and any other race listen closely..IT'S RIDER ABILITY!!!!!
Again you missed my question. I'm not asking for personal opinions. Of course nobody in their right minds would spend $11,000 on a bike they felt was inferior. We bought 'Busas because that was the best bike for us. I'm asking in terms of magazine articles or in terms of the motorcycle industry. Have magazines printed from 2002 on up agreed on the fact that the 12 is a better bike than the 'Busa?
I should have rephrased the topic but the actual question in my post is what I was after noticed I asked do we own the 2nd best (not fastest) bike ... and I meant as seen through the eyes of the industry. A shootout consists of acceleration, braking, 1/4 mile, HP, torque, handling, and a few other aspects.

So again, have magazines printed from 2002 to 2005 stated that the 12 is a better (not necessarily faster) bike than the 'Busa?

It's not like I'm gonna trade in my 'Busa for a 12. Like I said, I bought it simply because it was the best bike for me. But I would like to know whether or not that was a true statement.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117602009 -->

I am not aware of any credible shoot-out where the 12 has ever beaten the Busa in anything. I get tired of hearing "the rider makes the difference". That could also be the case for a 600 vs the Busa but that is not the point. The actual numbers and performance are, and everytime when those are compared the Busa wins. So stop with the rider crap, that is not the question being asked.
wink.gif

The 12 feels like a fat pig. BUSA felt good to sit on. and did not feel like and over stuffed PiG!!!

Go ask this question on sh.org.....see what the response is. Ask the Iceman. True, the 12 is close but with everything equal, busa has the edge.

Okay, both bikes are very fast and top out at 186. Think about it at 1/4 mile they're traveling roughly 130-140 mph. That leaves 46 mph for them to open up that 10-12 bike length lead on the most aerodynamic bike every built. That's suspect!

Take the same size riders with the same skills and mods and for top end the nod goes to the Busa because of lowered seating and aerodynamics. Suzuki spent a long time in the wind tunnel designing the KING OF SPEED, unlike Kawi who created an overweight version of the zx9r to compete. Even with it's 100+ upgrades in 02' from a performance stand point it hasn't been anywhere close to the 200+ mph beast Kawi boasted about in 00'.

Now as for lack of a better term devil's advocate I think the 12r is one sick lookin machine. It has power to boot and the traditional sportbike look. Ultimately it's to each his own as it relates to comfort, twisties, wheelies, etc as to which is best for whom. From a performance standpoint you couldn't go wrong with either IMOA!

Go ask this question on sh.org.....see what the response is. Ask the Iceman. True, the 12 is close but with everything equal, busa has the edge.
big deal on them... Bottom line is BUSA is KING.

2nd It does come down to this is their both so close it is the Rider but got to admit most articles so the Busa OverALL, with the 12 pretty close to a little better in some things/areas...

In stock garb either of these two power-house bikes are but a $40 sprocket away from slightly out-performing each other but the difs are out there and they are...

1. Build-Ability...dollar for dollar, pony for pony..you can make bigger power cheaper and easier with the busa.

2. While the 12R enjoys a supposed slight edge in the Handling Dept.?....riders of equal skill will readily know who's feeling "at their best" on any given particular day.

3. Asthetics & Presence: The 12R has no differentiating character to it's fairing and styling lines and as such flaunts a rather simplistic "just another sportbike" type of appearance...while on the other hand?..The Mighty Busa almost demands it's bold presence be noticed with it's eyeball dominating windswept appearance leaving it's victims walking into doors and pylons at the local filling stations!!!
tounge.gif

and finally?...

4. As far as Joe Public is concerned?...The Busa OWNS the title while the 12R merely "aspires to it"...as the proof is in the pricing and availability.

Does that help answer your question?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back