Are we still the fastest?

you dont see to many 12R's in the drag leagues. it simply cant hang, forget the 12R we need to be worrying about those new literbikes GSXR1000 and kaw's ZX-10R. hell, the 10R is quicker than the 12!?!? hmmmm..........
wink.gif

laugh.gif
IMO, there aren't as many 12 dragbikes because they are hard to work on. You gotta drop the motor to change the plugs fer chrissake. I got a buddy, who just got through putting a wet kit and shifter on his 12, we'll see how it does. Also a 12 is leading Cache's series I believe, so it can be a great dragbike. you are however quite correct about the new literbikes being no joke!

No such articles showing the 12 beating the Busa. I bought a 12 before the Busa and sold the 12 back to the dealer with in hours, thus the name. Both are good bikes, the Busa is a little faster and quicker, but the biggest reason I did not like the Ninja 12 was the fit.

yes, Spigga, we are still the fastest.

You don't see many (or any at all) 12 or 10R's competing in land speed records now, do ya?
wink.gif
Would that be because the zx-11 holds the land speed record?
http://www.mrturbo.com/news/bonneville.html
does that even <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>remotely</span> look like a motorcycle? WTF....  
rock.gif

anything goes in streamliners....why not mention the 550 streamliner ground jet? That wasn't a fuggin kawasaki...nor a suzuki. Jesus christ....

Spigga is talking about production motorcycles...not some fuggin streamliner.  In case you didn't take time to read the above before mouthing off again, that means "OPEN-WHEELED" production motorcycles.

Pulled off from waynepollackracing.com:

The TOP ELEVEN FASTEST open-wheel MOTORCYCLE RIDERS of all time,on any open-wheel motorcycle, and at any land-speed racing track, with an "official" speed as of 05/01/05. These speeds are from the Bonneville 1/4 mile, full mile
and exit speed listings (when available). Maxton speeds include entrance and exit speeds, where available, and the single speeds of Texas, El Mirage and Muroc.

1 WAYNE POLLACK 258.131 MPH MAXTON 2005 HAYABUSA X
2 LEE SHIERTS 256.439 MPH MAXTON 2004 HAYABUSA E
3 JON MINONNO 256.264 MPH BONNEVILLE 1992 TRIUMPH X
4 JOHN NOONAN 253.152 MPH BONNEVILLE 2004 HAYABUSA M
5 STEVE KNECUM 251.600 MPH BONNEVILLE 2003 HAYABUSA M
6 SCOTT GUTHRIE 251.148 MPH TEXAS 2004 HAYABUSA R*
7 DENNIS CLANTON 245.430 MPH BONNEVILLE 2003 HAYABUSA M
8 JOE AMO 244.449 MPH BONNEVILLE 2004 KAW ZX10 M
9 RICH YANCY 244.358 MPH TEXAS 2004 HAYABUSA R*
10 DAN KINSEY 239.492 MPH BONNEVILLE 1991 HARLEY M
11 7TH GEAR 196.332 RT.287 NJ 2000 BUSA
I might the 11th fastest.
race.gif
<table style=filter:blur>196.332</table>

Insert "ComedyFest" here.
laugh.gif

Ya know...in many respects a '70 Model 426 Hemi-Cuda probably isn't the fastest production cage anymore either.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill
cool.gif
Now...that said?...for a clearer perspective?...follow these three easy steps...

1. Go to "Google" search engine then..

2. Type in the words..."Worlds Fastest Production Motorcycle"

and finally?...

3. Click on the appropriate button...that button being...

"I'M FEELING LUCKY!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
LMFAO!!! I did just that Jinkster, and checkout what the result was.
Spigga...even with step-by-step instructions provided you managed to get the wrong results?
rock.gif

THIS is the result the slightly more literate folks will get when following the same instructions. And btw...I'm STILL Feeling Lucky!!!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

Guys, go here:

zx-12r.org Offline

Take a look at some of those magazine writeups, reviews, etc about the zx12r. Rarely do busa owners get to experience legitimate information about the 12, and so many busa owners are continuing to sound like a bunch of uninformed morons.

I only put this link here to help bring up to speed - some of the doofuses here that dont want to do anything but spout off about something they know nothing about.

Those of you who only quote the magazines that say the busa was fastest, ought to at least read some that said otherwise.

Learn about the competition so that you can give it the respect that it deserves, and not just say the hayabusa "blows away everything".

Once again, I owned a zx12, and now I own a busa, so take a minute to get educated, and dont just assume Im a kawi guy, cause Im not. Im a guy who loves and appreciates ALL bikes.

except harleys.

zx-12r.org Offline
interesting read, HV...but we are still plagued by the same thing: inconsistencies. One mag absolutely rants about how the 12 is a better bike, while another states that it would choose the Busa over the 12. One extolls the "impressive brakes" of the 12 while another states that Busa's brakes scrub off more speed. It puts us in a peculiar situation again...

Indeed, to know one's enemy is the key in overpowering and conquering your opponent. While I will not say that the Hayabusa blows away everything else, I am still not totally assuaged of my doubts.

zx-12r.org Offline
interesting read, HV...but we are still plagued by the same thing: inconsistencies. One mag absolutely rants about how the 12 is a better bike, while another states that it would choose the Busa over the 12. One extolls the "impressive brakes" of the 12 while another states that Busa's brakes scrub off more speed. It puts us in a peculiar situation again...

Indeed, to know one's enemy is the key in overpowering and conquering your opponent. While I will not say that the Hayabusa blows away everything else, I am still not totally assuaged of my doubts.
Thats the point. It goes either way. The 2 bikes are even. Thats all Im trying to explain. Plus I think its good to read up on some of that stuff, -its interesting reading.

Anyone who thinks the zx12r is the fastest and blows away the busa is a squidly fool.

And, anyone who think the busa is the fastest and blows away the zx12r is a squidly fool.

The guy who notices that they are even and on any given day could come out ahead of the other, is informed.

Thats why it comes down to "rider". The same rider can beat a guy using either bike if he is a better rider, because the bikes are too similar.

This isnt directed at you, Pacificbusa, - its a generic statement. I just used your quote to respond to because it pointed out inconsistencies.

THIS is the result the slightly more literate folks will get when following the same instructions.
Obviously you are a bit ignorant as to how search engines work, so allow me to learn 'ya a smidge. Search engines will never bring you the same result 100% of the time due to the fact new websites are being added to the internet all the time. That's actually why I laughed when I saw what result it brought me. I'm sure that wasn't the site you assumed would show, but you gotta admit, that was pretty funny (did you even bother to read the heading?). On top of that, I copied and pasted your words onto the searchbar. So if there was an error made, it wasn't on my behalf. But hey, if you want to assume I did something wrong or that the search engine flaw I just explained had nothing to do with the link I posted, so be it. Just remember what happens when you "assume".

Happy riding dude.

zx-12r.org Offline

Thats the point.  It goes either way.  The 2 bikes are even.  Thats all Im trying to explain.  Plus I think its good to read up on  some of that stuff, -its interesting reading.

Anyone who thinks the zx12r is the fastest and blows away the busa is a squidly fool.

And, anyone who think the busa is the fastest and blows away the zx12r is a squidly fool.

The guy who notices that they are even and on any given day could come out ahead of the other, is informed.

Thats why it comes down to "rider".  The same rider can beat a guy using either bike if he is a better rider, because the bikes are too similar.

This isnt directed at you, Pacificbusa, - its a generic statement.  I just used your quote to respond to because it pointed out inconsistencies.
point noted and taken....
cool.gif

and so many busa owners are continuing to sound like a bunch of uninformed morons.
Blah, Blah, Blah. So I guess the Discovery channel who's research budget should by any stretch of the imagination dwarf yours, and the Guiness Book of World Records, and every other person who walks the street all got it wrong. Maybe you bought the wrong bike and are having some sort of seperation anxiety crisis. Good lord there are no points for second place Mav and that's exactly where the 12 is, however much you want to convince yourself that "they are close" or "it's the rider" or some other non-sense it is still second place. The Busa's turn to take second place is not far of if not already, but not to the 12.  
wink.gif

and so many busa owners are continuing to sound like a bunch of uninformed morons.
Blah, Blah, Blah. So I guess the Discovery channel who's research budget should by any stretch of the imagination dwarf yours, and the Guiness Book of World Records, and every other person who walks the street all got it wrong. Maybe you bought the wrong bike and are having some sort of seperation anxiety crisis. Good lord there are no points for second place Mav and that's exactly where the 12 is, however much you want to convince yourself that "they are close" or "it's the rider" or some other non-sense it is still second place. The Busa's turn to take second place is not far of if not already, but not to the 12.
wink.gif
What made you think I was talking to you? Was it the term morons?

You must actually be smart, then.

Back