If the Zx-10 is a Busa killer?

dezzy7

Registered
first of all I don't believe the hype about the zx-10.  But I think the zx-10 gets good press saying its the KING killer. But lets just say the ZX-10 is the top contender to the Throne. Whats that say about Kawi's flagship model ZX-12
rock.gif

What I want to see is the Zx-12 vs ZX-10 rundown...

Ok with all that said, I'm going to say the comparison is apples to oranges not apples to apples. They are 2 different purposed machines.

But what do you think is gonna happen to ZX-12 sales if the Zx-10 is the Busa Killer pretender --- I mean contender  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|dezzy7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087775030 -->

rock.gif

oops This is what i meant to say. I researched the 12 and the bus before buying a bike 3 weeks ago. The 12s are taking a beating in resale. I found several noncurrent 12s and no busas. I found several minty 12s for around 8500 and no busas for less than 10,000. I found a 0 mile , 01 12 for 10,000. Busas ave much better resale.

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087525754 -->

A lot of 12 owners buy it because it is comfortable to ride and fast to boot. No doubt the 10 has already hurt the 12 sales. I know of guys already who have traded off the 12 for the 10. Personaly I could not imagine riding a 10 or and R1 or any of the litre bikes on a long trip. Not comfortable at all. The 12 or a Busa make great sport touring bikes which is what they are made for. Not sure how long the 12 will remain in the stable. The 12 and the Busa are both very dated in styling now compared to the new litre bikes. I hate putting my 12 beside my buds new R1...Makes it look old...lol I love the looks of the 10 and the R1 etc...just not the ride.

There is no comparison in the 10 and the 12. They were built for different reasons. The 12 is for sport touring and the 10 was built to compete in Road Racing. The 10 does have awesome performance. I have its little brother (636) and no it is not a comfortable ride. However I think it is going to be an awesome track tool.

Not every bike is built to compete with the busa just as the busa CAN'T compete with some of these bikes in the arena they were designed for.

for companies to be able to sell their products they either have to make a better one or have a different package for a different clientele.
Since top speed is limited now, they focus on either stuff like handling, weight, style.
I think the busa eater is just marketing.
When their new bike is ready for production, they know that it does not beat the busa.
If they ever do, will know for sure.

does anyone know if the busa had any effects on the sales of the gixxer 1000 or it's simply a totally different group of buyers?

<The 12 and the Busa are both very dated in styling now compared to the new litre bikes.>

I think the Hayabusa's styling is timeless... It always gets the looks... Even on the way to work this morning, from some dude in a Ferrari...

i worked sales at a local bike shop (ASK powersports)and we couldnt give the 12's away along with the 9's and that was in 2001 and we had alot of leftovers 12's from 2000 ... kawasaki had to give us spiffs just so we would try and sell them but that didnt work ... we couldnt give 'em away , not when the hot 2001 gsxr1K came out ... all in all the 12 sales are still down and the 10 is a hot seller but so is the gsxr1K ,still moving just as quick .. so if your in the market for a 12 there lettin them go cheap but why settle for 2nd best ......

i guess I better start canning some Ninja zx-12 preservatives to open later.

I still think there is too much comparison b/t Busa/12r and liter bikes. Man there ain't no cottin pickin liter bikes making 6+ hour trips /c luggage and passengers. Like the old saying goes apples to oranges. The only guys selling/trading 12s/Busas for liter bikes don't have a passion to ride unrestricted, they just get caught up and want what has the most hype at that particular time. These guys would be trading in their Busas/12rs for a unicycle with 190 rwhp if cycle world hyped it up enough. Man I'm all for comfort & speed. The two go hand in hand. I like to ride long distances w/o feeling like my bung hole has welded to the rear fairing. True riders like ourselves, love the bigger, more stable, better all around bikes that we can ride on journeys with our ladies and go to the track and gut someone too. If need be we'd like to have an additional set of wheels in the stable (hmhmhm liter bike) just for kicks, but definitely not as the primary bike. Oh well I'll just speak for myself. SUZ/YAM/HON/KAWI didn't make a liter bike for my 275 lb frame. Man I almost out weigh the friggin bike!!!!
laugh.gif
I'm a BIG BOY, GIVE ME A BIG BOY BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save the 150 rwhp 10-speeds for the thin cracks.
laugh.gif
(No offense to any thin cracks in here ya know I got nuttin but luv for ya)

BD

laugh.gif

I have never ridden as a passenger on the Busa but I can tell you the 12 has got to have the WORST passenger seat and design ever. It was simply NOT meant for 2 up riding. I had my girl on the back seat for less than 5 minutes before she made me turn around and take her home. It was horrible. I put the cover back on the seat and have never had it off since. Strictly made for 1 person riding.

Like Big Dawg says..... comparing the zx10 to the 12R or the Busa is like comparing apples and oranges.

The ZX10 and R1s are all designed with one thing in mind, to be the ultimate track weapons.

The 12R and the Busa similarly is singleminded in being the fastest production bike (in a straight line)

There is another thread in the forum somewhere about some busa being able to beat the zx10 (there probably are several). So what? It may be able to do so on a 1/4mile strip or perhaps a straight road. But that is not what the 10 was designed for.
If the busa is so damn good, it doesn't hold any records in any race tracks?

Back