Are we still the fastest?

I am not aware of any credible shoot-out where the 12 has ever beaten the Busa in anything. I get tired of hearing "the rider makes the difference". That could also be the case for a 600 vs the Busa but that is not the point. The actual numbers and performance are, and everytime when those are compared the Busa wins. So stop with the rider crap, that is not the question being asked.
wink.gif
Okay, obviously you don't get it. The Busa and 12 are so close in performance numbers that it comes down to personal opinion/preference. You can be as tired of the rider argument as you want, it happens to be the truth. If you've been to the dragstrip with your bike you know that 1/10th of a second is gained or lost very easily. If you rode the two bikes back to back, 3 times on each one, you'll get 6 different times. There is no way to remove the rider from the performance equation when the actual numbers are this close Your analogy of a 600 notwithstanding, rider is everything.
More hot air from you Mr. Brown. I think you don't get it as he asked if the Busa was still the king and the fastest. The Busa is, so your rider, rider, rider, rider, rider, rider, rider non-sense is just that. I don't recall ever seeing an automobile, bike, or for that matter the space shuttle listing it's specs and performance with the "rider" disclaimer attached to it. Who gives a crap. Get over it the bikes are close but the Busa beats the 12 in every category that I have ever seen.

I also have some more bad news for you. They have decided to end the Busa production which included the new 2006 GSX1400R Hayabusa because after all the R&D, $ and prototype's, they put a shi%ty rider on it and it couldn't beat anything.
sad.gif

Congratulations, you win, pacificbusa.

The fact that I owned both a zx12 and a hayabusa has gotten me nowhere fast.

You know way more than I would ever begin to try to share here.

Thanks for the aerodynamics lesson. I deleted my memories of actually riding the 2 bikes, and replaced it with that new info from you and now I seem to understand it better.

Sigh...again, open your mind before other things. So you've owned both....good on ya. In the future perhaps I will follow the same path.

You need to shake the notion that I'm assuming to be a know-it-all. I'm always open to learning more things....provided they are well-supported.

Or are we just being funny again? I could be misunderstanding you.

I've seen 'shootout' articles in 2003 and 2004, both showing the Busa winning in speed and acceleration over the ZX-12R every single time.

The 'Best Bike' always boils down to:

What in the hell do you like best?
rock.gif
??

If you have to ask, you need to buy something that doesn't scare the sh** out of you!

Sigh...again, open your mind before other things. So you've owned both....good on ya. In the future perhaps I will follow the same path.

You need to shake the notion that I'm assuming to be a know-it-all. I'm always open to learning more things....provided they are well-supported.

Ah, no worries fella. I was just getting irritated at your "digs" at me about reading, or running my mouth, and stuff.

Kind of just wore me out, but then I had to be funny before I let it go.

All I know is, the zx12 and the busa will both run to their top speed which is restricted at the same MPH, anyway. The zx12 has enough extra horsepower (about 8%) over the busa to match the busa's lower hp yet better aeros. The zx12 has seen 199mph stock trim -with just a muzzy exhaust, so to me they are the same.

The horse is dead, so I shall stop beating it. Peace bro!

Ah, no worries fella.  I was just getting irritated at your "digs" at me about reading, or running my mouth, and stuff.

Kind of just wore me out, but then I had to be funny before I let it go.

All I know is, the zx12 and the busa will both run to their top speed which is restricted at the same MPH, anyway.  The zx12 has enough extra horsepower (about 8%) over the busa to match the busa's lower hp yet better aeros.  The zx12 has seen 199mph stock trim -with just a muzzy exhaust, so to me they are the same.

The horse is dead, so I shall stop beating it.  Peace bro!
I apologize for those "digs" then...my bad.

I think we can peacefully agree to disagree, no? I am sure both bikes will run their top speed....with nary a hesitation. They are in fact both monsters.

Now as for the 12 hittin 199 in stock trim with only a muzzy, I'd love to see it. Doesn't really matter what kinda bike is getting to the mystical 200mph...although I would much rather see my beloved Hayabusa hit it.

200MPH is 200MPH....no matter the bike. It is a feat that not many of us will be able to accomplish, unless, of course, we have $$$ to burn. Just to be able to accomplish it is something to strive for....

Agreed...the horse looks dead enough to me. Peace...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117655497 -->

More hot air from you Mr. Brown. I think you don't get it as he asked if the Busa was still the king and the fastest. The Busa is, so your rider, rider, rider, rider, rider, rider, rider non-sense is just that. I don't recall ever seeing an automobile, bike, or for that matter the space shuttle listing it's specs and performance with the "rider" disclaimer attached to it. Who gives a crap. Get over it the bikes are close but the Busa beats the 12 in every category that I have ever seen.

I also have some more bad news for you. They have decided to end the Busa production which included the new 2006 GSX1400R Hayabusa because after all the R&D, $ and prototype's, they put a shi%ty rider on it and it couldn't beat anything.
sad.gif
Justin, go ride a 12, then we can have an educated discussion. As far as hot air goes, Spigga asked a question to which the answer is pure opinion, so if you consider my experience with both bikes hot air, so be it.

DED_HORS_jpg.JPG

Pick up the latest issue (June 2005) of Performance Bikes.  The Fastest Bikes on Earth - 14 Bike Special Settles It.  It was a test track with a 2 mile straight.  The Busa fininshed in 8th place and the 12r finished 2nd.  12r -1  Busa - 999,999.  

As I remember, Ricky Gadson ran both bike in stock form, and modified (lowered and strapped).  And yes, the Busa ran better times and he felt more comfortable on the Busa.
Am I reading that right?

The 12 placed second and the 'Busa placed 8th, but the 'Busa ran better times??

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117678182 -->

Yeah id like to know what that list is as well... a 2 mile straight and the Busa came in 8th?  I dont buy it.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117677268 -->

Insert "ComedyFest" here.
laugh.gif

Ya know...in many respects a '70 Model 426 Hemi-Cuda probably isn't the fastest production cage anymore either.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ya know...in many respects a '70 Model 426 Hemi-Cuda probably isn't the fastest production cage anymore either.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill
cool.gif
Now...that said?...for a clearer perspective?...follow these three easy steps...

1. Go to "Google" search engine then..

2. Type in the words..."Worlds Fastest Production Motorcycle"

and finally?...

3. Click on the appropriate button...that button being...

"I'M FEELING LUCKY!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

in stock form the busa and 12 are goanna come down to rider . with the same rider it is going to be real close and could go either way but i think the busa MIGHT have a slight advantage

BUT

who gives a $hit about bone stock , start moddding and the busa is a MUCH better platform . if you are worried about the busa vs 12 pi$$ing match just throw a turbo on your busa and have a nice day:)

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117679204 -->

sad.gif
Justin, go ride a 12, then we can have an educated discussion. As far as hot air goes, Spigga asked a question to which the answer is pure opinion, so if you consider my experience with both bikes hot air, so be it.
Gross.
face7.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

L8R, Bill
cool.gif
Now...that said?...for a clearer perspective?...follow these three easy steps...

1. Go to "Google" search engine then..

2. Type in the words..."Worlds Fastest Production Motorcycle"

and finally?...

3. Click on the appropriate button...that button being...

"I'M FEELING LUCKY!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
LMFAO!!! I did just that Jinkster, and checkout what the result was.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

you dont see to many 12R's in the drag leagues. it simply cant hang, forget the 12R we need to be worrying about those new literbikes GSXR1000 and kaw's ZX-10R. hell, the 10R is quicker than the 12!?!? hmmmm..........
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Back