Busa verses zx-14 comparo....

Ok, so it does that in the drag strip, I'm impressed If I did 1/4 mile runs , but how will it do at the track, canyons? What Kawi did is just win half the battle, not the war...

The test was done by a Kawi rider. Still waiting for an unbiased test done by a couple mags complete with dyno charts. Then the 13.5 will take the crown from the busa. No one doubts that, just 2 questions;

1)How will the 13.5 do in the twisties?
2)How many months until the busa takes the crown back?

I don't post often but this tpic is all BS, and I'm wondering if the little neighbohood creep is just that a creep previously known as 12.  AT the DC Cycle World show I spent a lot of time with the Kawi rep who admitted that the factory had not released the weight or horsepower to the reps for the show.  He also said that the bikes at the show were pre-production and did not have everything "on" the bike so the seemingly light weight is/was deceiving. I'll admit from the cutaway bike it appears Kawi may have a less top heavy bike as most of the fuel will be under the seat the tank being the airbox cover.  He also said no bikes would be on sale till March so this test is either another hoax or is a "stock pre-production ringer".
    After reeding this topic and another above it by Cecil Stringer I called 2 local (Wash. DC area) dealers and they both advised that no one is going to be getting any 14's until mid-March as Kawi has put a short "hold" on production.  This info was at 4pm 02-17-06, so I for one will be waiting on a real test by a real mag like Cycle World or Motorcyclist not some BS secret test.  Even if the 14 does win which it should I'll still stick with my 05 Busa at least untill the new 14 KILLER BUSA comes out.
Nope, not Phantom12. I own a Busa. I just hate hearing excuses.
IMG_0398.jpg
What excuses
rock.gif
I will still take anyone that wants too . If you win then you win.
race.gif
If I win, then I'll laugh at you !

And a couple tenths at the track is a couple bike lengths.

Also Saying that the busa is 7 year old technology is not an excuse its a fact! There has been ALOT of improvements over the last 7 years , and I think if thats all they got its not impressive.

I don't knock Kawi's I think most all of us at one point refered to any sportbike as a "Ninja" type bike. There's not a day I don't think about pulling the trigger on a 10r or 636. I am still a HUGE fan of the 98' all green 9r. Damn stupid fast bike.

I personally never cared for the 12. Although very close to the Busa it fell short most of the time. Take it with a grain of salt. You can make a Hyundai beat a Busa if you spent enough money.

As far as the 14.. Why make it if the 12 did it's job? Kinda tells ya something.Right? It's obvious the 14 should be faster, bigger cc' higher comp ratio etc... To me it even felt lighter to sit on at the show. But have you seen the frontal size of the thing? It is huge going across the front side to side.

Now I usually get on peoples' case when they make claims that can't be backed up. I will however say, I don't think that bike will pull a higher MPH due to the areo's that are involved. To further validate my point, I will also say with the top speed restriction law the manufacturers are letting the top speed thing die.

If I had to guess, I'd say the 14 will pull the Busa from low to midrange (no brainer, more tq + cc) and the Busa will still come around it after a mile or so. Just a educated guess. Nothing more.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140324060 -->

LONG LIVE THE 13.5!!!! HOORAY FOR KAWI!!! I LOVE, ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THE NEW KAWI ZX 14
Maybee now the kawi will be the most stolen bike on the friggin planet and a can finaly sleep at night without my 1911 under the pillow, for my beloved busa will be so safe! I still think it is ugly. But good on them, and good on the people that want to race the Adict with them. ( I just refered to myself in the third person HA!!)
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
I love my bike
smile.gif

zx14 is fast for sure but i don't need it to beat a Busa.....Stock to stock my zx10 get the job done ..:;): Lets see what zook does if anything ..At this point there are no facts that zook will step up with a faster busa...But if they do count me in .!!!!

He also said no bikes would be on sale till March so this test is either another hoax or is a "stock pre-production ringer".
    After reeding this topic and another above it by Cecil Stringer I called 2 local (Wash. DC area) dealers and they both advised that no one is going to be getting any 14's until mid-March as Kawi has put a short "hold" on production.  
Approximately 45 days back while visiting the Kawasaki website they had the ZX14 listed as having 12.7:1 compression which was identical to other early specs from different sources about the internet .

Yesterday the K-Bike website showed the ZX-14 to have been de-tuned to 12.0:1 compression .

Now , I would like to think the early release bikes that's been in the USA for a couple of months were not the 12.7:1 compression models , in the apples to apples thing .

Could lowering the compression be why production has been put on hold ?

i still wanna know where in AZ they did this,  we only have 2 drag strips.  and if they were at either i know i would have heard something...
Yeah I was thinking the same thing...where was this TEST performed?
That's OK though I assumed it was going to be those results, common sense tells you that. I can picture the Zuk engineers gathered around a big cauldren just stiring and laughing about what their getting ready to pull out. MOOWAHHAHAHAH!!

Just sit back and wait gentlemen...I'm sure we won't be disappointed in the end.
vader1.gif
race.gif
vader1.gif

vader1.gif

Back