Poor  zx-14 owners!!!

I truly feel for those guys.....
guns.gif
devil.gif

And the truth shall be told unto them, and it will ring out across this land, and stop all of the f'n' 'bs' about the bike. We waited all of this time for this? It's not weak but it's not dominant either.

Hehe... Kawi had 7 years to prepare a Busa competitor and apparently it's not a big success so far!

Suzuki should be proud of their mighty bird, and so should we all!

Whats that one guy says to justify the lack of low end torque . Drag Races are won on the high end. It looks like they knew that a mere 50cc's wouldn't be enough to detrone the King so they geared it tall to compensate for the lack of power.

busa punch! They'll figure it out, I mean its a brand new platform with no real after market parts yet.

Sounds like the 14 could use a little gearing change and maybe some new cams & the problem could be resolved.

Seems there is no problem with low end torq ...Read this >

Just got in from Maxton with good news for Kawasaki. The 14 is the fastest production bike ever built!
On the way over we stopped by Coby Adams shop where him and Cory was safety wiring a brand new blue ZX14. They replaced the 17 tooth countersprocket with a 18 and strapped it on the dyno with 24 miles on the odometer, the dyno showed 200mph with no hit from the top-end limiter, apparently the 18 fooled it. We removed the mirrors which is mandatory and lowered the bike using stock adjustments and put it on the trailer with the break in oil still in the engine.

After registration and tech we added two gallons of spec fuel, Sunoco pump gas and the tank was sealed. I made a shakedown/break-in pass of 182.41mph on a 180.09 production record. Not too bad considering the first sanctioned timing event since the release of the 14 and it set a national record on it's first pass and I was doing it at 215 pounds suited up.

Chad was busy riding Don Smiths ZX10R that Sport Rider magazine is doing an article on, he ended up running 197 on motor and 203 on nitrous on the 10 for some new records. I went ahead and made a few more passes just to put some miles on the motor, getting it ready for Chad. I ended up running 187.3 and 187.4mph but the gearing was too tall for me and we had no other sprockets. I was only turning 10,200 through the lights, way too low.

Chad ended up running several 194 and 195's with a best of 196.1mph This was on Sunday in the heat of the day with humid conditions, it had rained earlier in the morning.

We both came away highly impressed. The bike is so smooth and quiet, even at high speeds. The stability was great even during some Saturday passes with crosswinds.
We dropped the bike off with 62 miles on the clock with full belief of knowing that with a gearing change and an engine full of synthetic oil, 200mph is possible on a complete stock motorcycle. Remember folks, this is a standing start one mile run so the top speed is not reached.

All of a sudden my 12 feels old and dated but I still love it!

Thanks Kawasaki for building the 14.........You done good!
Dan

180.09 production record and the zx14 raised the bar to 196.1      

16 mph over the record!!!!I say the low end torq is doing ok..
Yeah, but that's on a one-mile straight where low-end torque really isn't an issue. Still, I think that all these bikes are restricted enough not to be able to truly unleash their true potential. Even still, I think that Suzi needs to step up and give us a change for '07 on the Busa. Probably more of a business move rather than an outright competition. When Busa sales start to decline, only then will we see a new and improved Busa.

i thought the 99 hayabusa was fastest prod. bike ever since teh speed limiter was brought in effect i thought it always would be.....if theres mods such as a tre then it wouldnt be a stock production bike!

well I feel sorry for the folks who bought the ZX14 to have the fastest production bike. The new Busa has not even dropped yet lol.

recall the beginning of Brocks "ZX-14 Diarys" here folks?...where fresh from the showroom floor brocks bud on a Gixxer1000 was pulling brocks stock new ZX-14 by 5-6 bike lengths during midrange roll-ons?

whadda powerhouse Kaws new beast must be.
laugh.gif

Back