Poor  zx-14 owners!!!

I truly feel for those guys.....
guns.gif

devil.gif
+1
laugh.gif

OK Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I couldn't find anything official on the ECTA site about this nor could I find a "production" record of 180mph. Where would you find the Data 1300Hemibusa is referring to.

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/recordsmoto2.htm

<!--EDIT|bigoltool
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148431024 -->

If I'm correct the record is actually 196.7 for a stock motorcylcle, as recorded by the Guinness Book of World Records.  Most people are reporting top speeds of about 191 with NO mods before the limiter was introduced.  I'd double-check that 180mph claim.  

Still, the zx-14 has got be fun.  Just doesn't sound like the comfortable ride and smooth power delivery I've gotten used to on my Busa.

If I'm correct the record is actually 196.7 for a stock motorcylcle, as recorded by the Guinness Book of World Records.  Most people are reporting top speeds of about 191 with NO mods before the limiter was introduced.  I'd double-check that 180mph claim.  

Still, the zx-14 has got be fun.  Just doesn't sound like the comfortable ride and smooth power delivery I've gotten used to on my Busa.
Remember he is talking about the Maxton mile record ( standing start , one mile) not a top end run on an open road endless road like Guinness did... Two different types of speed records...

Next is the fun part.... the countless factory recalls of a brand new design. No thanks... I'll keep the tried and tested.

Next is the fun part.... the countless factory recalls of a brand new design. No thanks... I'll keep the tried and tested.
Yeah...and besides that?...I was just over lurking at zx14.net and it seems that there's some "Running Hot" issues...as they get but (6) bars on their lcd's and three are lit at normal running..but goes to 4-5 bars at stoplights...sometimes...even all 6 bars...full hot on the temp gauge (if ya wanna call it that) cause as it seems?..Kaw says even all 6 bars lit on the temp gauge is okay...and ya don't hafta worry about heat until the "Hot Warning Light" comes on...which tells me that the temp gauge is damn near useless and what they really have is a "Dummy Light"...and for the life of me?...with that monoque frame of an airbox looming right over the valve cover?...I can't see how you could change #2 & #3 sparkplugs without "Dropping The Engine"....maybe there's some access holes or something but I couldn't see'im in the pix...oh well...I wish'em the best and glad it ain't me.
laugh.gif

as this kaw just makes me love my busa all that much more...and unlie a kaw?..my bull has balls...even way down low!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah...and besides that?...I was just over lurking at zx14.net and it seems that there's some "Running Hot" issues...as they get but (6) bars on their lcd's and three are lit at normal running..but goes to 4-5 bars at stoplights...sometimes...even all 6 bars...full hot on the temp gauge (if ya wanna call it that) cause as it seems?..Kaw says even all 6 bars lit on the temp gauge is okay...and ya don't hafta worry about heat until the "Hot Warning Light" comes on...which tells me that the temp gauge is damn near useless and what they really have is a "Dummy Light"...and for the life of me?...with that monoque frame of an airbox looming right over the valve cover?...I can't see how you could change #2 & #3 sparkplugs without "Dropping The Engine"....maybe there's some access holes or something but I couldn't see'im in the pix...oh well...I wish'em the best and glad it ain't me.
laugh.gif

as this kaw just makes me love my busa all that much more...and unlie a kaw?..my bull has balls...even way down low!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I tested your post about the plugs being hard to get to on the zx14 ..Well i got all four plugs out with no problem and that was with the crappy factory tools..Maybe i'm just a better wrench than you...
 To the heat gauge.I'm in Fla and it not cold here as you know, my temp goes to the 5 bar setting in traffic but has never been to the 6th bar ..Moving it's on the 3 to 4th bar...depending on the speed ...And that reminds me of last year at bike week on my 2005 Busa when i got stuck in traffic and the busa puked water all over the place  and to make things worse the battery when dead from the fan running all the time ...Dealers answer to my problem was to not ride in traffic ...Nice very nice..

Now even with that said the Busa is one of the best bikes i have ever owned and if they make a faster one in years to come i will get one .. I still feel the zx14 is a great bike and it does everything just a bit better that my 99 or 05 busa ..Not a great deal better but still better..

<!--EDIT|1300hemibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148531251 -->

laugh.gif

The Guinness Book of World Records is still un beaten and the worlds fastest bike everin the mile is a busa also ! How fast , oh yeah , 256mph Noonan is the man. and that was in the standing mile!

Did you say that you changed the sproket to get the 13.5 to go that fast? If so hows that stock?

Don't get me wrong I think its a hell of a bike but I think that the zx10 is thier best.

The  Guinness Book of World Records is still un beaten and the worlds fastest bike everin the mile is a busa also ! How fast , oh yeah , 256mph Noonan is the man. and that was in the standing mile!

Did you say that you changed the sproket to get the 13.5 to go that fast? If so hows that stock?
Thats a good question .. I have never race the mile myself so i would not have a clue on what they say about gear changes.. All i know is what i read and it's all over the bike websites that this guy ran 196.1 at Maxton and set a new record is factory production class...Maybe someone else can chime in and answer that for us....

I tested your post about the plugs being hard to get to on the zx14 ..Well i got all four plugs out with no problem and that was with the crappy factory tools..Maybe i'm just a better wrench than you...

yeah...that MUST be "it"....like i said...I was just looking at the pix and it appeared quite tight....glad ya found out your crappy tools worked.
laugh.gif

oh and...

"I still feel the zx14 is a great bike and it does everything just a bit better that my 99 or 05 busa ..Not a great deal better but still better.."

did you even bother to "LOOK" at the dyno charts?..pretty "Lackluster" for a "Busa Killer" if ya ask me.
laugh.gif

btw...I hope ya got those plugs torqued good...with those "crappy tools"
laugh.gif

outside of that?...I wish you the very best of luck with your new zx14 and hope to meet you on a group ride some weekend...as any man with2 busa nd a 14 is fine riding company as far as I'm concerned and..L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Isn't the ZX-14 a 1352cc machine? That would place it in Maxton's 1350 class ... am I right? If so, where did they get the 180mph record? I'm looking at the Maxton site which was last updated in April (click) and see no 180mph. I do see that in the 1000cc class. In the 1350 class, I see 202, 191 and 158 (I'm not sure how that works).

dunno bout everyone else here, but I been haunting my local Kaw dealer for bout a month now-finally got a 14 in last friday, and I went to see it monday,well....

looks a LOT smaller in person, doesn't seem overly wide or long-front fairing is narrower from the look of things, but those headlights!!! yeeeccckkk!
tounge.gif

tank is almost too small for me, and clip-ons seem angled outwards more than the Busas. Felt like my hands were spread further apart-not very comfortable...and that windscreen (if i can call it that-did they steal it from the ZX-10? smaller than the Busas for sure, and very narrow) I couldn't tuck in behind that unless I chopped my feet off.
the seat leaves a lot to be desired too-unless you're longing for that banana thing you used to have on your sister's bike when you were young, or you actually like Blackbird seats...They try to make it look like a single-seater by puttn a piece of plastic over the rear section-not foolin anybody here.

so, I ask the Kaw dealer what it takes to get a ride on one-his response "oh, there wont be any test rides, we're only getn one of each color, and these things will sell themselves" uh, u actually expect folks to buy a $12k bike without even RIDING it first?! "well, its the Busa-beater, blah blah blah, wonk-wonk-wonk" at that point I went off "Oh is it, really? I OWN my busa-if you got ANYBODY in the back who can ride, we'll take your 14 up to Great Lakes Dragway right now, and if they can run a faster quarter than my Busa, you can HAVE IT. If you lose, I'm trailerin that ZX-14 home with me. You wana try me?"
all i got was "Well, we can't race the dealership's bike." I said "Fine, when you get sumone in here dumb enuf to buy this thing WITHOUT riding it, give'em my number, and I'll race them, then come back here and sell you back your slow-ass bike back so I can buy more #### for my Busa!"
he didn't have much to say after that...why are Kaw salesman all retarded? have yet to find a nice, intelligent Kawi salesperson-do they exist? or are they all sniffn the same glue bottle?
rock.gif

Back