Zx-14

I spent a lot of time sitting on one - was really, really tempted to buy one. But the sales rep really pissed me off: they're so proud of the thing they wouldn't let anyone test ride it and wouldn't let it out the door (after tax, title, etc.) for under $15K.
mad.gif

I spent a lot of time sitting on one - was really, really tempted to buy one. But the sales rep really pissed me off: they're so proud of the thing they wouldn't let anyone test ride it and wouldn't let it out the door (after tax, title, etc.) for under $15K.
mad.gif
relax...give it a few months...and once it's old news in the rags and the 10%'ers got theirs?...the price will get real humble like...real quick...as any "NEW MODEL RELEASE" bikes are always hot items...for the next few monthly issues..after that?...the ugly and the problems will come shining through...he11...I can remember a day not too long ago when just a few months after hitting the showrooms?...the hot new ZX-12R's sales chilled out big time..and then couldn't be budged off showrooms floors even when priced at $8,999....brand new...any color ya wanted...all day long...much the same will happen here as in todays new world of bling....ugly from birth simply isn't tolerated by the unwashed masses...no matter how big and powerful of an engine they stuff in it.

"Gouging" is the order of the day this month...but by september?....ZX-14's will be the blue light special on isle 5.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(though, I think I'm going to hold out and see what Suzuki has in store for the '07 busa!)
smile.gif
I bet this is the thought many 'would be' ZX-14 purchasers contemplate. Why buy the ZX-14 now, when the 07 Busa is around the corner.. I'm sure this is weighing heavily on Kawasaki's mind. =)

Go Busa...  
smile.gif

smile.gif

Here is one from the track last weekend.

zx14s.jpg

Link to a higher resolution version if you want a closer look.
ZX14 Link

I'm not sure what this one ran but one of the others ran a 1.60 60'  9.79@142  with 6.5 inches of arm and lowered 1.5 inches (strapped front)

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: "fix link"|1147956419 -->

Friend that had the zzr1200 at the bash is trading it on a zx-14 probably later tonight. So maybe get a few chances to ride one.

I saw my first one last night.  In Memphis we have a bike night at Joes Crab Shack every wednesday in good weather.

I saw a black ZX-14 and a black GSX1300R sitting side by side.  They looked real nice together.  I didn't ask any questions because of the big crowd around them but whoever owns these two bikes had already replaced the exhausts with a single can Yoshi ... both of them.  The ZX-14 does look bigger dimensionally.

They both looked great but I bet the guy paid at least 1500 bucks more for the '14 (before taxes).  Was it worth it?  who knows ... I'm sure the '14 owner thinks it was.

<!--EDIT|nimzondn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147974048 -->

I saw one at the dragstrip this past Friday. It was bone stock and strapped. It went 10.08, 10.01 and ultimately, 9.99 at 141. Pretty impressive.

Back