Any 1 own a zx-14 & a Busa?

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone own a zx-14 ? How does it honestly compare to the Busa? Since I'm back to riding after 20years , Its like a drug, I'm hooked wanting to sell my Truck and have 2 bikes. Theres no way I'd get rid of the busa, but was really wondering if there is really a big difference B/T it and the 14?

I now own a 2006 ZX-14 but last year owned a 2006 Hayabusa. They are extemely close in power and performance. There are minor differences. The ZX throws off more heat, it is geared taller, has less wind protection, not quite as refined and not as many accessories available. On the plus side it is smoother, more comfortable and less refined.

Personally I couldnt say one is better than the other. Pick the one you think looks the best, fits you best ergonomically and can get the best deal on. They are very very similar bikes.

I'm just courious, I sure dont want an 06-07 model.. Cracking frames and over heating problems.... I talked to a dyno man and he said all he can get out of an 08 ( zx-14) with skip-ons and PC is 172 hp..Thats not too bad.. I think the torque was 120ish( dont remember exactually)..

I now own a 2006 ZX-14 but last year owned a 2006 Hayabusa. They are extemely close in power and performance. There are minor differences. The ZX throws off more heat, it is geared taller, has less wind protection, not quite as refined and not as many accessories available. On the plus side it is smoother, more comfortable and less refined.

Personally I couldnt say one is better than the other. Pick the one you think looks the best, fits you best ergonomically and can get the best deal on. They are very very similar bikes.

That is pretty much my assesment as i had both also. But i stuck with a busa in the end

Hey Ron I have an EX250...it is about the same as a ZX14 :laugh:

2.jpg

Never owned the 14 but rode one. Personally, I like the Busa's handling a lot better. But I may be partial, I'm on my third Busa. And... I'll stick with my Busa's....

I have both in my garage now. 06 ZX-14 and 06 Busa. The 14 belongs to my friend I have to say the busa is more comfy and better handling. I love the brakes on the 14 though and it has good power, just takes to much input for high speed turns and flops around when turning around a traffic circle.

I like the handling better on the 14,like you would see a busa owner say the 14 handles better.This is a busa board.Never have seen a first Gen busa close to a 14 in power.Just my 2cents....Later:beerchug:

If you're a big dude I would go with the 14. I got the Busa because of the handling. I could care less about brand loyalty there'll all Japanese. I rode my friend's 14 for two straight months in San Diego. I also did'nt like the squeeky sound that the 14 makes when you sit on it and move around a little bit (feels cheap). Too much plastic was used on the bike. The only thing I hate about my busa is the outdated master cylinder and the "burrito looking" exhaust.

Does anyone own a zx-14 ? How does it honestly compare to the Busa? Since I'm back to riding after 20years , Its like a drug, I'm hooked wanting to sell my Truck and have 2 bikes. Theres no way I'd get rid of the busa, but was really wondering if there is really a big difference B/T it and the 14?
You want honesty about a 14 on a busa board? :laugh: I currently own both....an 04 busa and 06 14. I'm a tall guy and the 14 fits me much better.....much smoother and more comfy than the busa, especially for longer rides. The busa's more stable in the corners, but the 14 turns quicker and feels lighter. The 14 is also quite abit faster mod for mod. And with the flies out it pulls harder everywhere...actually makes my busa feel a little weak :down: I'm adding a 42 rear to my 16 front on the busa, to try and correct that tho :thumbsup: And the 14's brakes are in another league entirely from the busa's....almost too strong :;): The 14 makes the first gen busa feel a little dated.....not sure how it compares to a new busa tho, haven't ridden an 08 yet :unhappy: I know a lot of guys ego's ride on their bikes.........for me I don't care much about the brand as long as its fun. So no bias here. They're both awesome bikes...and diff machines fit people diff. But you can def feel the 7 years of advancement in the 14. I'd focus most on the comfort factor tho.....if you're not comfy on a bike you won't enjoy the ride NEAR as much :;):

I guess , its about time for another bike .. IE: I want 2 bikes.. I swore I would never sell my 84 chevy truck with 79K miles. Mans its perfect , but once again someone is offering some pretty good $ so I might have to let it go.. Whats the scoop on the 09 Busa? Don thats a good question... I think I've only seen one, in chatt town. Now here where I live.. Have a good weekend..

I also did'nt like the squeeky sound that the 14 makes when you sit on it and move around a little bit (feels cheap). Too much plastic was used on the bike.

+1 My thoughts exactly everytime I happen to sit on one at the local cycle shops.

one guy says it flops around in corners another says its tighter then our beloved busa in corners,its faster,its slower...etc

looks like you will have to ride both and see which one fits you better.

me personally,unless the 14 is stretched and slammed its one ugly bike

Back