Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

I heard that the 1340 cc engine as configured can't be made Euro4 compliant. Rules say you can't sell them outside the Euro4 regulated area so basically the Busa as we know it is dead. They can't sell them after 12/31/2018! So either we get a new Busa or no Busa. Not sure how the Euro4 regulations work as the BMW has a 1600 cc 6 cylinder and it is Euro4 compliant. And look at Harleys? I suspect it has to do with the RPMs and the amount of air moved (or polluted air expelled).

I heard that the 1340 cc engine as configured
can not be made Euro 4 compliant .

Rules say you can't sell them outside the Euro 4 regulated area
so basically the Hayabusa as we know it is dead .

They can't sell them after 12/31/2019 !

So either we get a new Hayabusa or no Hayabusa .

Not sure how the Euro 4 regulations work
as the BMW has a 1600 cc 6 cylinder
and it is Euro 4 compliant .

And look at Harleys ?

I suspect it has to do with the RPMs
and the amount of air moved
( or polluted air expelled ) .

I heard that the 1340 cc engine as configured can't be made Euro4 compliant. Rules say you can't sell them outside the Euro4 regulated area so basically the Busa as we know it is dead. They can't sell them after 12/31/2018! So either we get a new Busa or no Busa. Not sure how the Euro4 regulations work as the BMW has a 1600 cc 6 cylinder and it is Euro4 compliant. And look at Harleys? I suspect it has to do with the RPMs and the amount of air moved (or polluted air expelled).

I guess you mean can't sell them "inside" the Euro4 regulated area.

Some links below, but where is Europe? Is it that little union the UK is trying to escape from due to all their bureaucracy? Or is it that little place with their stupid regs make them unseen on the Org.? Or perhaps those folks who are trying to sue Google for $5 billion because the Android is smarter than anything they were ever capable of designing?

Europe is a very small market for the Hayabusa, so it will be interesting to see what gives. Harley sells more bikes in Europe than anyone else, but it remains a relatively small market, link below. You see, everyone in that little bureaucratic union wants to be like an American, with loud pipes, small lids and leather strings fluffing from the handle bars. You hardly ever see a fast bike on the Autobahn, too much beer makes it impossible to tuck in and hide from the wind.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/252220/worldwide-motorcycle-retail-sales-of-harley-davidson/

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news...missions-impossible-what-euro-4-really-means/

https://www.theicct.org/sites/default/files/ICCT_comparison Euro v US.pdf

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-05/can-millennials-save-the-motorcycle-industry

The Gen 3 is coming , late this year we will get announcements on 2019 models , and that is when the beast info will be freed . The EU 4 has indeed killed the Gen 2 , because there was a big article I thought we all read , it was posted on here recently wasn't it ?? , covering all about our beloved not making the new emissions . The EU is a big market isn't it ??, anyway , who cares . If anyone still hasn't got a Gen 2 that still wants one by 2019 , well there should be heaps on every continent still sitting in showrooms , so no worries there . The new Gen 3 IS COMING , just hang in there for a bit longer .
Now getting onto the CBX running 11.5 , well I see nothing unbelievable or outrages there , would be interested to know the mph involved though .
Where I live , we are at sea level , basically , so a mates 1980 GSX1100E , called GS1100 in US I believe , ran 10.8 best , but consistently sub 11 at close to 120 mph , this was 1983/84 latest . That was stock , but with a megacycle 4-1 exhaust . Another mate had a Kawasaki z650 about that time , kitted 717cc and forget what else , 11.4 @ 115 mph . That bike was bought by my mate from a well known racer at the time , and that bike was a streetbike giant killer . Both standard wheelbase and height , cycles . Jump ahead to 1990 , another old mate had a new standard '90 GSXR1100L , ran 10.36@138mph unmolested , complete with twin muffler stock exhaust . Those were good old days , and memories .

Here are some CBX quarter mile times and speed documented by magazines of the day.
11.80 @ 116.73; 11.55 @ 117.49; 11.64 @ 116.88; 11.63 @ 116.73; 11.65 @ 116.88; 11.58 @ 117.18; 11.57 @ 117.49; 11.62 @ 117.18; and 11.61 @ 116.58. Mine ran 11.65 @ 114 mph and weighed nearly 600 pounds.

Here are some CBX quarter mile times and speed documented by magazines of the day.
11.80 @ 116.73; 11.55 @ 117.49; 11.64 @ 116.88; 11.63 @ 116.73; 11.65 @ 116.88; 11.58 @ 117.18; 11.57 @ 117.49; 11.62 @ 117.18; and 11.61 @ 116.58. Mine ran 11.65 @ 114 mph and weighed nearly 600 pounds.
Hope I havent told this story before, forgive me if I have! Back in 1979 I was in the Local Honda shop in Colville Washington the day they got their first CBX. The owner of the shop promptly took it down in front of the Yamaha shop and and did a burn out all the way past the place. Apparently the owner of the Yam shop was blathering on about how fast the XS11 was and he needed some correcting!

Wow, this is definitely a positive side! Been seriously kicking around the idea to sell the busa, mainly so I can fund the SLC build to get it finished, then a year after that purchase a gen 3 assuming it's out

130 lbs rider would help, but you don't need a pro to launch a 750, all that power is usable without much skill.

I disagree.
It takes a good amount of skill to launch most any bike, especially a sportbike. As any bike will spin And wheelie.
Finding just the right amount of rpm and traction Without spinning and wheelieing takes skill.
I know a couple riders that can't ride a wheelie, can't drag a knee, and can barely make it around a corner. But, they can launch a bike like nobody's business.
I've done alot of drag racing in cars and bikes, street and track, but always just for fun. I could care less that someone can hit it just right Without blowing the back tire off or lifting the front, and outrun me by a bike length...but I do respect their ability.
If the tire spins in a race, I hold it until it hooks, and if it wheelies, I hold it up or until it sets down.
I'de rather have fun than brag over tenths or hundredths of a second. But again, I respect the ability...I just don't care enough to learn it.

No need to learn on the newest sport bikes ~ just set the " Launch Controller " and leave *

All the new nannies are pretty amazing.
And, I can understand why they can make you faster.
I'm still just not ready to give up a mechanical bike, where the fanciest electronics on it is the fuel injection.
That computers don't help fix my mistakes.
I know my limits and skill level(whatever that is)...and still have times that I enjoy riding outside of that(which is really any time now, since it's rare I get out to ride anything, lol).
Eventually(if society doesn't collapse before hand) there will come a time that riding a bike will be as bad as riding a horse...that they think for themselves. And can crash or throw you randomly.
If I live long enough, I'll be the old rider complaining that I can't buy gas for my "old" mechanical bike anymore. Newfangled technology. Bah.

25143 Itokawa is the Asteroid that Hayabusa (1) landed on and took samples from in 2005. Though it burned up on re-entry I think they were still able to recover the samples collected. 162173 Ryugu (the cube like one on the left) is the one that Hayabusa 2 just dropped the two little hopping rovers onto. The pictures they have returned thus far have been a little rough but pretty damn cool at the same time. Fun stuff, and Hayabusa related at the same time WIN,WIN!
20180627_itokawa-and-ryugu-to-scale.png

Back