Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

If they go turbo, a single exit exhaust would make sense even though I'm not a fan of single exit. If it stays NA, I hope they retain the dual pipes.

Due to the gentlemens agreement between Japan and Europe, itll still be electronically limited to 186mph until you flash it. So, in essence, it wont be any faster than our bikes out of the box. Quicker likely but not overall faster.

Last edited:
Nvrmind. A quick webernet search tells me the supa-charged h2r is a 250 mph factory production, but, track-only bike. So I guess the street H2 probably still has the speed limiter?

What I want to know is how come there is no gentleman's agreement with high end sports cars manufacturers these days as some of those cars are faster than our busa for top speed :thumbsup:
Thinking that is because the bikes are generally more easily attainable by the masses , and are generally produced in large numbers . Never going to see the elite suffer any restrictions , mate , most countries give those car buyers a tax break of some sort somewhere along the line to purchase , those pricks ( lucky ) .

1/2 second faster than a bone stock Busa, 20 years later. Yawn.
Hey Jellyrug , where are you getting this Gen 1 number from , is it corrected for elevation etc. , like the mags were really big on doing in those days ? I know , a prepped stock Gen 1 will run a high 9 , in the right hands , but mostly , a off the showroom floor stocker will run a low 10 at best from what I've seen .

Hey Jellyrug ,
where are you getting
this Gen 1 number from ,
is it corrected for elevation etc. ,
like the mags were really big on doing in those days ?

I know ,
a prepped stock Gen 1 will run a high 9 ,
in the right hands , but mostly ,
a off the showroom floor stocker
will run a low 10 at best from what I've seen .

Hey Jellyrug , where are you getting this Gen 1 number from , is it corrected for elevation etc. , like the mags were really big on doing in those days ? I know , a prepped stock Gen 1 will run a high 9 , in the right hands , but mostly , a off the showroom floor stocker will run a low 10 at best from what I've seen .
A bit more than 1/2 second, by a hair.
9.84 seconds @ 229.75 km/h 142.76 mph 0-60 2.76 seconds 0-100 5.30 seconds top end 303 km/h (188 mph)Motorcycle Consumer News 6/99[22]

I like the numbers ,
still think it was corrected ,
but would of been handy to quote
at the local bar for all those years eh ! ! !

:rolleyes:

Would have to agree with that ~ mostly stock 10.60 index *

Hayabusa 1060.jpg

On a good low elevation track ~ Sac . 9.81 @ 141 & 142 at Famoso *

I am pretty mad at Suzuki about the Gen III. In the FastBike article they actually liked the bike but said several things were so lacking as to make the bike a liability. Those things are so easy to fix! Brakes? We've all fixed them. Basic electronics like TC and the Busa lives on for another 5+ years. Suzuki has all this stuff sitting on the parts shelf already so why not bring the bike into the 21st century?

As for real longevity they could use lighter wheels and reverse the crankshaft rotation to lighten the steering - I think this would be easy if the main shaft in the transmission can be reversed without major case modification. Generally lighten the bike with things like a plastic gas tank. Or spin off versions like a more touring focused Busa. All easy stuff to extend the life of a great design.

But Suzuki does nothing? hey sell the exact same bike to new customers and just forget their loyal followers. If you think about it, it should be impossible to sell a new Busa with so many exact same examples with low mileage out there in garages. Maybe that works in their business plan but it's not going to work with my fun plan.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the Gen 3 could be delayed until 2020 and they (press) aren't sure of the platform whether it's super or turbo charged. We must be at the limits of NA engines making power.

I agree though, Suzuki should offer the Gen 2 alongside the Gen 3 in more of a sport touring stance as the Gen 2 is a great platform for that.

I personally don't know how much faster people need to go on a motorcycle though.

Back