2021 Busa

So reading the article on jalopnik.com and they said these will not be dealer stock and factory order only. Did anyone else see that in the Suzuki postings?

So reading the article on jalopnik.com and they said these will not be dealer stock and factory order only. Did anyone else see that in the Suzuki postings?
Have not read it anywhere but that's what the local dealer here in SW Missouri told me. I thought that to be that particular dealer's decision but perhaps not.

Although I did find it didn't handle as well as a Busa, I did find it more comfortable to sit on (albeit less sporty).

The look of the front with its headlights and the "George Foreman grill" side vents were a turn off.

This gen 3's side vents -- with the chrome and contrasting colour drawing attention to it -- are even worse
a different perspective the market for these bike isnt aimed at gen 1 or gen 2 owners

Yamaha did that when they introduced the FJR1300. Pre order only and no dealer stock. Dealers got around that by having employees ‘order’ a few so they could take delivery and after adding their mark up, offer them for sale.

I like some of the refinements and some of the new features... however... it will take a while for the overall look of it to grow on me. I like the gauges and other indicators that are more modern in appearance.

Personally... I would rather modify and customize my gen 1 and call it good. The old style Yosh 4 into 1 with the carbon can is still the best look in my opinion though the Brocks system sure has taken off. New Gen 2 forks and upgraded brakes up front... pick up another motor and do a nice build with it. Carbon wheels, tune the suspension... etc... still have a few bucks left when it done as compared to a 2021.
No warrantee when you build your own? No worries... don't run it past redline like some of us use to do! We all know Busa motors are tough and rarely fail if driven respectably.

The very essence of the Hayabusa was captured in the Gen 1... it flows in my opinion... Things are a bit to busy for me with the Gen 2... I know... you Gen 2 guys don't like hearing that because you own one... I understand the bias that compounds over time... and the Gen three is even more cluttered. I have to give Suzuki credit for their approach that introduces bold changes. As the riding public's taste in motorcycling changes the more variations we will see that has us appreciating what they use to build.

As I have said about car manufacturers over the years... once they get it right they stop building it.

200.gif

Back